Bosh

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Appears to have turned the corner in Toronto and taken a step forward and moved from 22 and 10 player to 27 and 12 player...in a contract year. Given our situation would you:

Sacto out:
Kevin Martin $10.2mil
Spencer Hawes $2.3mil

Toronto out:
Chris Bosh $15.8mil

Or is it too big a risk?

-- Bosh is still only 25, his whole prime is ahead of him
--note teams rarely move their main stars, so presumably this would have to come if he informed them he was defintely opting out and they decided they could not gamble.
--The question about Bosh is that he has maybe been too soft, but that could be changing, and we are giving up two of our softest players the other way.
--JT would have to play center, where I don't think he does as well
-- Kevin and Spencer might fit the Toronto system well, and further their goal of creating a defenseless Euro team well
-- we would retain KT and the bulk of our cap room, but would lose $3mil of it in the deal, thus maybe precluding signing a third major star. KT for Okafor would give you one hell of a frontcourt though...
--unless of course Bosh opted to opt out and abandon us in which case we would have kinds of cap room...to sign LeBron :p

C- Thompson
PF- Bosh
SF- Nocioni
SG- Udrih
PG- Evans

6th-Cisco (eventually)
7th- Casspi
8th- Greene
9th- Thomas

Last edited:
you are a gambling man aren't you brick. :)

the only fear is bosh bailing at the end of the season which would leave us with nothing except caproom. another concern is if, bosh left us w/ caproom.. and we could not get another star caliber player. that's 2 big assets gone for a 3/4-1/2 yr experiment.

It would increase our chance of gaining him beyond this year than if we didn't trade for him that's for sure, but not by a significant amount. I don't think there's a great chance he re-signs if he's not in Toronto where he probably has built a fan base and an affection for. IMO, it would only give him more incentive to go to Miami or something. Things could change as the year progressed of course, but nothing is as appealing as playing with a star like Wade or LeBron (if LBJ goes to a team with enough cap space for two max deals like NJ.) If he were to stay he'd have to really want the extra money he can get from his bird rights or think Evans is going to be a great fit for him to play with and I'm not so sure that's the case, at least not right away.

I like the idea becuase we can still keep KT for salary dump.

The question is would you be willing to offer a max contract to him at the end of the season? We are looking at a $15-$20 a year for 5 years. That is the going rate for an All Star PF these days.

My Answer.......Hell yeah.

I like the idea becuase we can still keep KT for salary dump.

The question is would you be willing to offer a max contract to him at the end of the season? We are looking at a $15-$20 a year for 5 years. That is the going rate for an All Star PF these days.

My Answer.......Hell yeah.
Obviously the Kings would be willing to pay it if they made that trade, but is Bosh willing to accept it as opposed to going to Miami to play with Wade?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Boy, tough one. I don't mind losing Martin or Hawes for Bosh. We solidify our front line and as much as I like Martin, we apparently don't need him to win. At least so far. So unless someone can convince me that the Kings will become an offensive juggernaut when Martin returns, I'd do the trade from just that prospective.

Its that freeagent thing that bothers me. Its true that we would be able to offer more than anyone else. Its also possible that Bosh may become inticed with the idea of playing with an up and comer like Evans, and having a good hustle guy alongside of him like Thompson. But there's no doubt that its a risk. Worse case senario, we end up with a ton of money to spend in the offseason. Best case senario, we end up with a front line that can match up against most in the NBA offensively and defensively. We add another piece through the draft. Someone like Evan Turner who can come in that play two positions and also handle the ball.

I'm inclined to say yes. Big risk but big reward.

Don't forget that he gets to play with Tyreke here. Wade be damned.;)

We used to call Pau soft too, look what he did for the Lakers.

I say, yes. Do it.

Boy, tough one. I don't mind losing Martin or Hawes for Bosh. We solidify our front line and as much as I like Martin, we apparently don't need him to win. At least so far. So unless someone can convince me that the Kings will become an offensive juggernaut when Martin returns, I'd do the trade from just that prospective.

Its that freeagent thing that bothers me. Its true that we would be able to offer more than anyone else. Its also possible that Bosh may become inticed with the idea of playing with an up and comer like Evans, and having a good hustle guy alongside of him like Thompson. But there's no doubt that its a risk. Worse case senario, we end up with a ton of money to spend in the offseason. Best case senario, we end up with a front line that can match up against most in the NBA offensively and defensively. We add another piece through the draft. Someone like Evan Turner who can come in that play two positions and also handle the ball.

I'm inclined to say yes. Big risk but big reward.
If we get Bosh I don't know if we'll be in a draft position to get Turner. Turner is going to be a pretty high pick when it's all said and done.

IMO, it's way too big of a risk. We can all see from our (probably biased) POV that it isn't that bad of a situation for Bosh to be in long term, but when he can go play with an established superstar like Wade in the much easier conference then why would he take a chance on an unproven core like ours?

Its risky for sure. I'd say yes if we found a way to sneak beno, Nocioni, or Garcia into that deal so if Bosh does walks ( I say 80% chance ) we have LOADS of money to play with as the compensation for losing Kmart.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Appears to have turned the corner in Toronto and taken a step forward and moved from 22 and 10 player to 27 and 12 player...in a contract year. Given our situation would you:

Sacto out:
Kevin Martin $10.2mil
Spencer Hawes $2.3mil

Toronto out:
Chris Bosh $15.8mil

Or is it too big a risk?

--note teams rarely move their main stars, so presumably this would have to come if he informed them he was defintely opting out and they decided they could not gamble.
--The question about Bosh is that he has maybe been too soft, but that could be changing, and we are giving up two of our softest players the other way.
-- Kevin and Spencer might fit the Toronto system well, and further their goal of creating a defenseless Euro team well
-- we would retain KT and the bulk of our cap room, but would lose $3mil of it in the deal, thus maybe precluding signing a third major star. KT for Okafor would give you one hell of a frontcourt though...
--unless of course Bosh opted to opt out and abandon us in which case we would have kinds of cap room...to sign LeBron :p

C- Thompson
PF- Bosh
SF- Nocioni
SG- Udrih
PG- Evans

6th-Cisco (eventually)
7th- Casspi
8th- Greene
9th- Thomas
I hate you...

I've managed to find reasons not to do just about every deal ever mentioned that included Martin, but this one intrigues the hell out of me. My ONLY hesitation would come with moving JT to center. I just don't think he's a center, and I don't think he can play the 5 effectively.

I'm not as worried as some about Bosh bailing for free agency if he does come here. We have a player-friendly organization and that does actually count for something, especially with the current economy.

Last edited:
I do this trade in a heartbeat. Bosh in my opinion, IS a superstar along with the likes of LeBron, Kobe, Paul, Wade, and Howard, even if he is currently the lowest on that ladder. I have never been a fan of Hawes, and I feel the Sacramento fans greatly overrate him. I have no reservations about trading him. But losing Martin, who is my current favorite King, would be worth it to get such a great player.

I would also do this in a heartbeat - in less than a heartbeat in fact. I would add to it that we could do the Okafor or Sammy D. deals to get an inside presence that does not need the ball much. Use K-9 + Noc or cisco perhaps.

I would also do variations of the deal such as Kmart + JT.

A line-up of Beno, Reke, Greene/Casspi, Bosh, named center that does not the ball much would be an impressive team.

I have wanted Bosh her for years. Bosh and 'Reke together on the court together could be very scary.

When do I pick Kmart up to drive him to the airport?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I would also do this in a heartbeat - in less than a heartbeat in fact. I would add to it that we could do the Okafor or Sammy D. deals to get an inside presence that does not need the ball much. Use K-9 + Noc or cisco perhaps.

I would also do variations of the deal such as Kmart + JT.

A line-up of Beno, Reke, Greene/Casspi, Bosh, named center that does not the ball much would be an impressive team.

I have wanted Bosh her for years. Bosh and 'Reke together on the court together could be very scary.

When do I pick Kmart up to drive him to the airport?
I'm willing to give up Hawes along with Martin. But Thompson is a deal breaker for me. The idea of Thompson and Bosh playing along side one another excites me. The idea of Hawes and Bosh playing along side one another doesn't.

Don't forget that he gets to play with Tyreke here. Wade be damned.;)

We used to call Pau soft too, look what he did for the Lakers.

I say, yes. Do it.
when you are playing next to a superstar like kobe you will look better than you are. kobe attracts so much attention leaving bynum, pau, odom, artest and fish open for shots. if pau is running solo as #1 option he will look soft-

I would do this in a heartbeat but there is no way in hell Toronto does it.

Moving JT to 5 is the downside of this move. However, if GP can pull off the KT for Okafor you are set as a contender IMHO.

Okafor
Bosh
Nocioni
Evans
Udrih

Thompson
Casspi
Garcia
Greene
Udoka

If you pull these trades off before the deadline, you are just about a certainty to make the playoffs.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Hawes' inability to perform or improve.

You are pairing one "Superstar" in Bosh with a superstar in the making in Evans and surrounding them with complementary role players. Sounds like a recepie for success to me.

However, I just can't see Toronto doing it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
when you are playing next to a superstar like kobe you will look better than you are. kobe attracts so much attention leaving bynum, pau, odom, artest and fish open for shots. if pau is running solo as #1 option he will look soft-
So I assume that your agreeing with him that Bosh would look great because he would be playing next to Evans. One of those, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole, things.. Yes?

I'm willing to give up Hawes along with Martin. But Thompson is a deal breaker for me. The idea of Thompson and Bosh playing along side one another excites me. The idea of Hawes and Bosh playing along side one another doesn't.
I don't think it should be a deal breaker. They play the same position. I do not know how far we go playing to PFs at the same time with no center. JT has a lot of potential. The very, very highest he would achieve would be to be Bosh-like. Plus, having JT and Bosh together is not the thing that should get your attention. It is all about having 'Reke and Bosh.

Honestly, I would give-up a bunch to get Bosh and 'reke on the same team. You have two likely all-stars playing together and that usually spells contention no matter who the others guys are.

I would do this in a heartbeat but there is no way in hell Toronto does it.

Moving JT to 5 is the downside of this move. However, if GP can pull off the KT for Okafor you are set as a contender IMHO.

Okafor
Bosh
Nocioni
Evans
Udrih

Thompson
Casspi
Garcia
Greene
Udoka

If you pull these trades off before the deadline, you are just about a certainty to make the playoffs.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Hawes' inability to perform or improve.

You are pairing one "Superstar" in Bosh with a superstar in the making in Evans and surrounding them with complementary role players. Sounds like a recepie for success to me.

However, I just can't see Toronto doing it.

wow what a dream that would be. this would be similar to the Celtics a few years ago! I'd be more than happy to send our 1st along with Spence and Kmart to sweeten the deal for Toronto.

then add Okafor for KT as well? talk about instant success..

Sacto out:
Kevin Martin $10.2mil
Spencer Hawes $2.3mil

Toronto out:
Chris Bosh $15.8mil

Or is it too big a risk?

C- Thompson
PF- Bosh
SF- Nocioni
SG- Udrih
PG- Evans

6th-Cisco (eventually)
7th- Casspi
8th- Greene
9th- Thomas
I'll do this in a heartbeat, even if I'm dead sure Bosh won't be resigning with the Kings after his contract expires.

A ton of capspace that can be used in getting tougher players is much-much better than getting stuck for years with two softy starters ( Hawes and Martin ) It is time to unload the misfits if we really want to get tougher. We're winning games even when Hawes plays consistently bad and Martin is not even playing. So, losing them might even mean more wins.

BTW, is there a way to sweeten this deal for the Raptors, say include Beno while he is still playing good, so they can be set with their defenseless Euro team?:p

I'll do this in a heartbeat, even if I'm dead sure Bosh won't be resigning with the Kings after his contract expires.

A ton of capspace that can be used in getting tougher players is much-much better than getting stuck for years with two softy starters ( Hawes and Martin ) It is time to unload the misfits if we really want to get tougher. We're winning games even when Hawes plays consistently bad and Martin is not even playing. So, losing them might even mean more wins.

BTW, is there a way to sweeten this deal for the Raptors, say include Beno while he is still playing good, so they can be set with their defenseless Euro team?:p
Like who? Who can we get with that cap space that will realistically be willing to sign with us?

Like who? Who can we get with that cap space that will realistically be willing to sign with us?
The poster is probably not referring to any star players in particular, rather, the poster may be referring to more hard nosed, consummate professionals in the vein of Udoka and Nocioni. Even if we pick up no star, it should not be difficult to get tough role players in here to compliment Evans/ Thompson/ Garcia et.al.

I don't have a free agent list and I'm pressed for time, so I apologize for not mentioning a specific player, but you can perhaps get the gist.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I like this deal, but I strongly disagree with anyone who doesn't mind if Bosh walks at the end of the season. Sure we will have a lot of cap space, but for who? I really think 2010 cap space is a bunch of false hope, for a team like the kings.

We aren't attracting guys like bosh/wade/lebron/amare/dirk. I don't see this team getting a player that will have a big impact from the FA market.

So please, if you're going to talk about cap space being a strategy, especially after trading Hawes and Kev, then give names of guys you EXPECT us to have a LEGITIMATE chance of signing. Otherwise, it turns into an unplanned pipedream. We can't just want cap space and talk about having cap space, we need actual names, and we need to take the thought proccess a step further.