Boris Diaw?

What do you guys think about Boris Diaw? Would he be a good fit for the Kings. I know hardly anything about his contract status, but if he were a free agent this year and the Suns(for some weird reason?) don't want him back. I think we should sign him or maybe trade KT or Corliss or something, maybe Hart. He's developed a really good offensive game, athletic, can block shots, can get boards, and is a good enough passer for our offense. What do you guys think?

They'll want him back, him and David West are easily front runners for most improved player.

Diaw has been playing like Magic Johnson. I thought it was funny when I was reading a Suns message board and they said this but his numbers are just insane for 6 foot 8 player. I guess Colangelo is a genius but I don't see them losing this guy unless someone ultra high bids again.

P

playmaker0017

You'd have about as much success moving Diaw as you would Nash right about now.

Nahs is their prime time player - but Diaw is part of their future.

I'd kill for him, but not a chance you'll get him.

I think Diaw is better b/c of Nash, but I don't think Diaw is unmovable as Nash is right now. Nash definitely makes Diaw a much better player. They got a talented core and I believe they have 2 first round picks too for JJ. Sick.

P

playmaker0017

bigbadred00 said:
I think Diaw is better b/c of Nash, but I don't think Diaw is unmovable as Nash is right now. Nash definitely makes Diaw a much better player. They got a talented core and I believe they have 2 first round picks too for JJ. Sick.
He's not as talented as Nash, but don't think for a second that Nash is making Diaw.

Diaw's +/- is basically the same with Nash on the court or off the court. His production is the same.

In fact, a lot of the time he's spelling Nash and playing PG/SG.

Diaw is a special player. They won't want to lose him.

playmaker0017 said:
He's not as talented as Nash, but don't think for a second that Nash is making Diaw.

Diaw's +/- is basically the same with Nash on the court or off the court. His production is the same.

In fact, a lot of the time he's spelling Nash and playing PG/SG.

Diaw is a special player. They won't want to lose him.
I thought JJ was special, he was expendable. I don't think they will lose him, I think he's 1 hell of a player.

I don't know if he could lead a good team to anything. His skillset has obviously improved since joining the Suns. He was almost a forgotten player on the Hawks who seem to not understand talent then again he was probally in the wrong system.

I don't think they'll move him, just think Nash is slightly more important, although Diaw has been awesome. But I also don't think they'll turn down a similar deal to what they got for JJ.

yeah, Diaw is playing incredible right now, and he's only probably going to get better. Phoenix isnt giving him up any time soon. They'll give the fort to both Diaw and Nash before they let either walk. They have a damn good 'big 3', with Amare, if not the best since Jordan, Rodman and Pippen. Whether that trancends into any rings has yet to be seen of course. Potentials abound, though.

P

playmaker0017

bigbadred00 said:
I thought JJ was special, he was expendable. I don't think they will lose him, I think he's 1 hell of a player.
Johnson was a one dimensional player that was getting open looks from Nash. He didn't do much of anything else. When he played PG, he wasn't that impressive.

I don't know if he could lead a good team to anything.
He's not a Nash-type leader. I think he may develop some leadership, but he's a guy behind the guy. He'll work nicely with Amare.

His skillset has obviously improved since joining the Suns.
Not really, he has just developed some confidence and the coach allowed him to play his style of basketball.

He was almost a forgotten player on the Hawks who seem to not understand talent then again he was probally in the wrong system.
Yes, terrible system for Diaw. He needs structure. He'd do very well in the old Kings Princeton offense. Very structured with people moving and cutting. He'd do well.

His skill is amazing court vision. In Atlanta, a team that relied solely on one-on-one YMCA basketball ... he failed. The lack of structure and trust in each other had him confused and frustrated.

I don't think they'll move him, just think Nash is slightly more important, although Diaw has been awesome.
Nash IS more important. He's the MVP.

But, he's also older. He's not going to be around forever ... and Diaw is more than serviceable. A guy that can help run an offense, play lockdown defense, isn't selfish, young ...

I'd trade any player, save Artest, on the Kings roster for Diaw, without question.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's already a VERY long discussion about Diaw in the NBA forum. You might want to check it out...

;)

I'm not really pro JJ but he's still 1 hell of a player. I guess diaw is comparable, probally better overall but JJ is still 1 pretty good player. I don't think he's 1 dimensional. When you add in the first round picks, it's obvious who gets the advantage. JJ is more a SG, Diaw is multi-dimensional.

Yeah, we probably could have gotten him for a bag of chips and a bobble head a while back. I don't think anyone thought he would develop to be this good, although the system he is in helps. However, just like Wallace he probably wouldn't have gotten the minutes he needs to develop.

Last edited:
TheRaven said:
Yeah, we probably could have gotten him for a bag of chips and a bobble head a while back. I don't think anyone thought he would develop to be this good, although the system he is in helps. However, just like Wallace he probably wouldn't have gotten the minutes he needs to develop.
Doritos or Frito Lays? I don't want no stale-*** chips.

If you get me a soda, I'll throw in Royal Ivey.

M

MrBiggs

kingkung said:
Doritos or Frito Lays? I don't want no stale-*** chips.

If you get me a soda, I'll throw in Royal Ivey.
How's Ivey's game? No kidding, everytime I see that name I think about that SICK Hakim Warrick dunk over Ivey. That's all I know that cat from.