Boogie Says Goodbye (merged)

K

KingMilz

Dont let the game and a half fool you from the fact that our record is 24-33 and the only reason we were in it is because the whole bottom of the west has been mediocre. We're a game and a half from 8 but we're also eight games back from the seventh seed.

Ultimately I think this move was best for both parties. Cuz gets humbling experience he has always needed and an opportunity to team up with AD and we wipe slate clean and reset. It should have happend last summer tbh.
I heard on the radio we had the exact same record with Karl and that was in a tougher conference and the players basically quitting on Karl.........

Who would have thought when you first adopted that avatar that the feels would come again in a similar circumstance? :(
Time to update his avatar...would be appropriate timing since i don't think i have even posted since that last trade...lurking mostly ! Also rename Mad D to Sad D...or Furious D.

Anyways, I feel for you guys...this was not a very even trade. Lots of articles/comments out there suggesting Vlade may not have had a final say...if thats the case he should resign and let Vivek assume his role.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Facebook:

DeMarcus Cousins
19 mins ยท

Words can't even express how hard it is for me to have to leave the city of Sacramento and all of the amazing people that I have met while out here. I gave it my all for you and you gave it right back. The most amazing fans on the planet and I just want you to know that your support has meant everything to me. It's hard to believe that it was seven years ago that this young kid from Alabama showed up in Sacramento scared and not knowing a soul. As I look back upon my time here, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have met so many amazing people, many of whom went out of their way to make me feel right at home from day one. Each and every one of you have played such an important part in my life and helping me become the person I am today. I don't just consider you all as fans, you all are my family...and a couple thousand miles aren't going to change a thing. Thank you Sacramento. #LoyaltyIsLove

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don't have it in me to watch the newest interview. The CD tweet/vid and the goodbye post are enough for me.

I really really despise Vlade and the decision makers in the organization right now.

The most misunderstood superstar of his generation.

We let a top 5 talent and MVP type player go for nothing, all because the Kings management couldn't face the brutal truth.... that it was the Kings organization that f****** up and one of the very few things they did get right was draft DeMarcus Cousins. We continue to be our own worst enemy.

To you, Mr. DeMarcus Cousins. I wish you nothing but good health and all the best for the rest of your career. I am super happy that you can choose to go wherever you want this summer, you deserve to play for an organization that knows what it's doing and won't let your tremendous talent go to waste. I will continue to watch you play for the rest of your career and will remember fondly your days as a King. Thank you for all that you have done! We will miss you.

God, this guy better get the biggest freakin ovation when he comes back... I'd pay BIG money to just be there for the ovation. The game wouldn't even matter at that point.
That'd be a weird feeling. Because you'd have to buy a ticket first, to support this shell of an organization...

Not sure I can make myself do that anymore.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's like you're trying to take a selfie but not liking any of the pictures you take so you take off your tailored suit and replace it with a wifebeater (or as I like to call them, Darren Collisons) all whilst ignoring the gigantic turd hanging out of your mouth.

Words can't even express how hard it is for me to have to leave the city of Sacramento and all of the amazing people that I have met while out here. I gave it my all for you and you gave it right back. The most amazing fans on the planet and I just want you to know that your support has meant everything to me. It's hard to believe that it was seven years ago that this young kid from Alabama showed up in Sacramento scared and not knowing a soul. As I look back upon my time here, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have met so many amazing people, many of whom went out of their way to make me feel right at home from day one. Each and every one of you have played such an important part in my life and helping me become the person I am today. I don't just consider you all as fans, you all are my family...and a couple thousand miles aren't going to change a thing. Thank you Sacramento. #LoyaltyIsLove
The kid has more class and "culture" than anyone in the Kings front office, I can tell you that much. The reasoning and excuses that keep getting bantered about are such a sham.

While a majority of the fans on this site get it, apparently the general Kings fan does not. From what I heard on the news, Kings fans are far more split according to various polls. But I feel that's more reflective of less hardcore and knowledgeable fans. Those are the ones that listen to the likes of Peaches, Poison and believe the lies that come out Vlade and Viveks mouth. They're sheep that just don't know any better.

This is sad and I wish Boogie the best but I do think its funny that Dave Carmichael thinks Cousins is his friend. I don't think NBA players are really friends with any reporters unless their super hot like Kristen Ledlow or something.

But whatever, I'm sure Carmichael's just doing it to sound more credible or whatever.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is sad and I wish Boogie the best but I do think its funny that Dave Carmichael thinks Cousins is his friend. I don't think NBA players are really friends with any reporters unless their super hot like Kristen Ledlow or something.

But whatever, I'm sure Carmichael's just doing it to sound more credible or whatever.
I don't think you realize how big a part of the Kings community Dave is.

This still feels like a bad dream...like I woke up one day in a new multiverse that included DeMarcus Freaking Cousins being traded to the damn PELICANS for BUDDY MOTHER EFFIN HIELD AND A FIRST ROUND PICK.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

But whatever, I'm sure Carmichael's just doing it to sound more credible or whatever
You're wrong.

I've been trying not to think about losing Cousins. Every time I do it seems like it can't be real. It's just too sad and that clip shows why. How many players are there who sincerely care about the fans and community like he does? It was truly an honor having him represent Sacramento. Watching him play in All Star games and for Team USA made me proud. His character made me proud. Losing him makes me realize how much I liked him. He's far and away my favorite player of all time. I'm happy he knows fans feel the same way I do and I wish him the best. Thank you DeMarcus Cousins.