Boogie Says Goodbye (merged)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have a personal request: Please let this thread be about the video clip and not something negative. Just one positive thread isn't too much to ask, is it?

EDIT: I made an administrative decision and I moved the discussion of Boogie's sabotage to a different thread.

That was really hard to watch. You can really tell how much of a good guy he really is. It breaks my heart to see someone so loyal get treated so badly by this organization. It's hard, on one hand I'm heart broken to see him go, especially like this, but on the other hand I'm so happy that he doesn't have to endure this amateur hour front office. I also find some solace knowing that he knows that there is a city of people who love him to death and appreciated everything he has done for this city.

Man...

You know why I held on being a passionate Kings fan the last 10+ years, when basically everyone thought I was crazy to do so? THIS big fella right here. Because I always felt like I knew something that the rest of the country didn't. That I knew what an amazing community member he was and everything he did for the kids in Sacramento. That he LOVED this city and the fans who stuck by him and by the team through all the losing. That he brought it (almost) every night the past 4 seasons and willed this team to wins by himself.

Good luck Big Fella, now you'll have two cities behind you.

So... basically, if you LOVE Sacramento and want to be a King, you better pack your bags, because you are not welcomed here in Kings land by this FO.

Every good to great player that expressed how much they loved Sacramento and wanted to be a King, got screwed and sent out for nothing under this ownership group.

Tyreke Evans... Isaiah Thomas...Casspi....Barnes...DMC... all gone for basically nothing....

Yet a player like Rudy Gay, who has hated every day he has been a King for the past 3 years, doesn't get traded and now we will also get nothing for him too...

This FO and ownership group are beyond pathetic!!!:mad:
Don't forget Chriss. Drafted by his home town team and traded for spares. I'm going to miss Boogie a lot. Unlike the other stars we've had, he never wished Sacramento was anything other than what it is. That meant a lot. I hope Silver steps in and cleans up the franchise. I would love to see Boogie able to return someday. Just once, a Kings legend should actually retire as a King.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is the best thing that can happen to Boogie moving forward IMO. He wasn't wanted here and for that alone, I hope he finds success and shows the whole front office that he isn't a cancer.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sad to watch but ultimately I think this is the humbling experience Demarcus has always needed.
I think you may be right. This could be the turning point in his career where he finally gets it and just dominates from here on out without any other extra antics included.

Wow, a game and a half out of the 8th playoff spot and the best player gets shipped out? For and untested rookie and a broken down retread.... It's been 11 years since the Kings made the playoffs and now another season bites the dust.

Wow, a game and a half out of the 8th playoff spot and the best player gets shipped out? For and untested rookie and a broken down retread.... It's been 11 years since the Kings made the playoffs and now another season bites the dust.
You don't need to call anybody a retard. I don't care what the reason is.

WHY DID THEY EVEN TRADE HIM DID WE EVER GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER

Read the Bee today. Los there and I should help people ndersand.

I watched he video above but could not ndersand a word he said.

I will miss Cuz, both his character and great talent. All of this gives us a good idea of how tough this was for Vlade. We may disagree with the merits of this transaction and change of direction for the Kings but for me I will stick with
Vlade. Good luck to you Cuz, I will miss you.

If anything this makes me happier to see Boogie go. He is my all time favorite player to suit up for the Kings and all I wanted was to see our team get their s**t together in order to make some solid playoff runs so Boogie would finally get the credit he deserved as a player. Unfortunately, the gross incompetence of our novice front office prevented this. In fact, based on what I've seen the last few years I am entirely convinced that we would have never been able to put a team together that would've been capable of anything more than a disastrous first round exit. I love Boogie both as a person and as a player and want nothing but the best for him. A fresh start on another team gives him a better chance of that rather than sticking around the dumpster fire that is our Sacramento Kings.

Dont let the game and a half fool you from the fact that our record is 24-33 and the only reason we were in it is because the whole bottom of the west has been mediocre. We're a game and a half from 8 but we're also eight games back from the seventh seed.

Ultimately I think this move was best for both parties. Cuz gets humbling experience he has always needed and an opportunity to team up with AD and we wipe slate clean and reset. It should have happend last summer tbh.