Boogie and that All Star slot

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm hearing he didn't make it
Yep, if reports are accurate they broke the wall there, truly smallballed it, and went 6 guards in the West. Although it is possible it regains balance with somebody being selected to take Kobe's place.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231734/Full-List-Of-NBA-All-Star-Reserves

Roy Hibbert, Joakim Noah, DeMar DeRozan, Dirk Nowitzki, James Harden, Joe Johnson, Paul Millsap and John Wall have been selected to the 2014 All-Star Game as Eastern Conference reserves.

Tony Parker, Damian Lillard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Dirk Nowitzki, James Harden, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard were named as Western Conference reserves.

Lance Stephenson, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus cousins and Tim Duncan were not voted to the game.

Yeah, now it comes down to the Kobe replacement. One final gift from Stern? Or does it go to the host city star, Davis? Dragic is also a possibility, but given the trend of 7 bigs from previous teams, they may not necessary stick another guard in there.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
6th in the league in PER and he can't even make the All-Star game? Don't these coaches realize what happens when Cousins gets angry? By all means give him more reason to feel under appreciated. He's probably going to drop 40+ on somebody when he gets back just to prove a point.

If it makes you feel any better, i am on a forum that has a huge NBA thread with fans from all over the country of all different teams, and people are baffled that the Best Center in the NBA is not on the All-Star team

K

KingMilz

It might be time to change the whole East vs West bs for everything, the NBA should just have the top 16 teams make the playoffs regardless of divisons/conferences and just have the BEST 20 (or however many players make the ASG) in the team and seperate them into guards/forwards and do a lottery to see who plays where.

The West's leftover could just about smash the East's best this year. If we were in the East you could argue both Gay and Cousins would be both easily make it.