Bogi for Turner, one of my dream trades might happen (rumor)

we shouldn't have too, unless they wanna do Turner/Warren for Bagley/Bogi. But they were only willing to give up Turner/Mcdermott in the failed Hayward S&T.
I think a straight swap should suffice or add in a second rounder if anything. Pacers are pretty much in the same situation we are if we were to match bogie, but at C instead of sg. 2 starting caliber players on pretty big sized long contracts. We need a big, they can use a wing. Makes sense to me

If McNair can pull off a Bogie for Turner sign and trade, he should win GM of the year IMHO. ;) I would even throw in one or two of our future 2nd rounders to make this deal happen.

He would set this rebuild into full swing mode in one short off season. The Kings will have a young and exciting team. I can see this team developing into a perennial playoff team.

PF: Bagley / Bjelicia
SF: Barnes / Woodward / DQJ
C: Turner / Holmes
SG: Buddy / Haliburton / Ramsey
PG: Fox / Cojo

If McNair can pull off a Bogie for Turner sign and trade, he should win GM of the year IMHO. ;) I would even throw in one or two of our future 2nd rounders to make this deal happen.

He would set this rebuild into full swing mode in one short off season. The Kings will have a young and exciting team. I can see this team developing into a perennial playoff team.

PF: Bagley / Bjelicia
SF: Barnes / Woodward / DQJ
C: Turner / Holmes
SG: Buddy / Haliburton / Ramsey
PG: Fox / Cojo
Parker and JJ?

Trade 1: Oladipo + Turner -——> Barnes + Bogdan
Trade 2: Turner -——> Bogdan
Trade 3: Turner + McDermott -———→ Bogdan + Bjelica
Trade 4: Turner + McDermott + McConnell -——> Bogdan + Cory Joseph
Trade 5: Turner + McDermott -——→ Bogdan + Jabari Parker

Saw this on a pacers site. I like trade #5. Helps out both teams. They can use a pf with bogdan and we can use McDermott to back up HB. Also wouldn’t mind trade #3 if Halliburton is ready to back up fox

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
It is amazing how every single team in the league aside from the Knicks of all teams have somehow managed to overpay their way into salary cap hell despite this being a largely mediocre free agent class.
With the pandemic going to kill attendance and possibly impact tv ratings, what am I missing ? is it just the thought that other teams may be tanking and a playoff push with a mid year vaccine and fans in attendance will save a season? I am just not getting, I honestly thought teams would be going cheap.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not sure I trust Anderson. If this were Sam or Marty tweeting I would think differently.
Really curious to know who Anderson’s source is. The guy got the whole no Bucks deal thing right but I don’t know if that same source would also have info on whether or not the Pacers are interested in Bogi or not, especially when there are others saying that they are.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I came down on Anderson for only regurgitating National sports media all the time. Then he post this and a few hours later shoots it down. Wondering if it was all just click bait and him wanting to look competent.

1. S&T Bogie for Huerter to Atlanta
2. Pacers trade disgruntled Oladipo to Knicks
3 Kings trade Buddy for Turner plus filler

All three longshots as far as i can tell
This is a "Dream" trade thread Right?

Last edited:
Turner would be a great get for Bogdan but I’d be shocked if we didn’t have to add more value on our side.

Bogdan, Bjelica, & Holmes for Turner could be the start of the framework.

Brogdon / A Holiday / McConnell
Oladipo / J Holiday / Sumner
Bogdan / McDermott / Lamb
Warren / Bjelica / Leaf
Sabonis / Holmes / Goga

Fox / Haliburton / Joseph / Guy
Hield / James / Ramsey
Barnes / Jeffries / Woodard
Bagley / Parker
Turner

• Bjelica and Holmes could leave for nothing next year and there is the possibility of losing Bogdan for nothing if he signs too big of a contract with someone like ATL.
  • Holmes is 27, Bogdan is 28, and Bjelica are 32. They aren’t on the same timeline as Fox (22), Bagley (22), and Haliburton (20) but Turner at 24 is.
  • Bjelica and Holmes are not ideal fits next to Bagley. Bjelica has the shooting but not the defense and Holmes has the defense but not the shooting. Turner has both.
  • I do think this likely makes us worse next year but is a better move for the future but being worse next year is not a bad thing knowing the prospects in the 2021 draft.

Turner would be a great get for Bogdan but I’d be shocked if we didn’t have to add more value on our side.

Warren / Bjelica / Leaf
Sabonis / Holmes / Goga

Hield / James / Ramsey
Bagley / Parker
Turner

• Bjelica and Holmes could leave for nothing next year and there is the possibility of losing Bogdan for nothing if he signs too big of a contract with someone like ATL.
  • Holmes is 27, Bogdan is 28, and Bjelica are 32. They aren’t on the same timeline as Fox (22), Bagley (22), and Haliburton (20) but Turner at 24 is.
  • Bjelica and Holmes are not ideal fits next to Bagley. Bjelica has the shooting but not the defense and Holmes has the defense but not the shooting. Turner has both.
  • I do think this likely makes us worse next year but is a better move for the future but being worse next year is not a bad thing knowing the prospects in the 2021 draft.
Bogie 18m,Beli 7m,Holmes 5m is 30m - would need to take Lamb 10.5m to get the salaries close

Bogie 18m,Beli 7m,Holmes 5m is 30m - would need to take Lamb 10.5m to get the salaries close
No, there’s multiple options looking at Indy’s payroll. Doesn’t have to be Lamb.

If Bogdan gets $18 mil, you could just package Turner with Leaf & McConnell and the salaries should work. That way we're getting expirings alongside Turner vs. having to pay Lamb $10.5 mil both this year and next year.

Last edited:

Warren / Bjelica / Leaf
Sabonis / Holmes / Goga

Hield / James / Ramsey
Bagley / Parker
Turner

Turner is a center. If you notice from free agency centers aren’t worth much whereas multifaceted wings, especially those who shoot well, get overpaid. Indiana was offering Turner and McDermett for an oft injured Gordon Hayward.

The Pacers are paying big money to two centers. I would guess we don’t add anything

Turner is a center. If you notice from free agency centers aren’t worth much whereas multifaceted wings, especially those who shoot well, get overpaid. Indiana was offering Turner and McDermett for an oft injured Gordon Hayward.

The Pacers are paying big money to two centers. I would guess we don’t add anything
Hayward is also better than Bogdan which is evident by the contract he just got. Can you see anyone in this league giving Bogdan that much money?

So if Indiana was willing to do Hayward for Turner straight (and Hayward is better than Bogdan), what makes you think they would do Turner for Bogdan straight up?

Hayward is also better than Bogdan which is evident by the contract he just got. Can you see anyone in this league giving Bogdan that much money?

So if Indiana was willing to do Hayward for Turner straight (and Hayward is better than Bogdan), what makes you think they would do Turner for Bogdan straight up?
I do think turner is a bit more valuable than the average big due to the fact he checks all the boxes for the modern big, but I agree to a certain degree with what you are saying