Bogi for Thybulle? Yes, please!

You're telling me if we trade Bogdan that we could potentially pop the Korkmaz? Like "of course! Im sure the Kings will trade one of their best players for relatively unknown and unproven Furkan Korkmaz!" This is one of those "the 7akers are going to trade Sasha Vujecic for Kevin Durant" type of ideas.

Que the classic and extremely frequent "that's a bad analogy" responses!

Fans on this site are so freaking fickle. Where every prospect not on the KINGS is so wildly coveted.

But if a 1st round pick like Thybulle were currently on the KINGS, averaging the numbers he’s currently averaging, he’d already be labeled a bust and a poor draft pick by the majority. And you know this. FACT.
Have you seen him play novo is trading him for his numbers it’s his all nba defense potential that’s wanted

Fans on this site are so freaking fickle. Where every prospect not on the KINGS is so wildly coveted.

But if a 1st round pick like Thybulle were currently on the KINGS, averaging the numbers he’s currently averaging, he’d already be labeled a bust and a poor draft pick by the majority. And you know this. FACT.
Nope, not a chance. Dude's stats don't matter, he's making an incredible impact on defense for a rookie. One of the most impressive defensive rookies I've ever seen.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nope, not a chance. Dude's stats don't matter, he's making an incredible impact on defense for a rookie. One of the most impressive defensive rookies I've ever seen.
Also his numbers are being impacted by playing on the tire fire that is the 2019-2020 Sixers much in the same way that our young players' numbers are being impacted by having to fight with Dedmon and Joseph for minutes for some reason.

Have you seen him play novo is trading him for his numbers it’s his all nba defense potential that’s wanted
Im not saying the kid isn‘t or won’t be a good player. That’s not the point. You know me, I’m never one for casting judgements so soon into a career. For all I know he’ll end up a first ballot HOF’er.

But at this point in his career, he’s proved very little. If he had been drafted by SAC and not playing all world right now, the instant gratification crowd would be doing what they do. That’s my point. But since he‘s not on the KINGS, he’s highly coveted despite not being all world yet.

Im not saying the kid isn‘t or won’t be a good player. That’s not the point. You know me, I’m never one for casting judgements so soon into a career. For all I know he’ll end up a first ballot HOF’er.

But at this point in his career, he’s proved very little. If he had been drafted by SAC and not playing all world right now, the instant gratification crowd would be doing what they do. That’s my point. But since he‘s not on the KINGS, he’s highly coveted despite not being all world yet.
I guarantee if he was here playing the way he does in Philadelphia we’d have multiple thread on his greatness, we had a couple people say fox would shoot like Steph a while back. But Dudes proving he’s an all word defender this quickly

Nonsense. We love Justin James for showing a fraction of the defensive potential of Thybulle.

Per the Ringer the 6ers are desperate for Bogi and the Kings aren't selling.

So I would like to know how desperate they are and what we can extract. Two useful players and a pick way down the road would be just dandy. Throw in Dedmon for salary.
that Ringer piece appears to be just recapping what has been reported previously, no? That said, I found it interesting that the author apparently thinks Thybulle wouldn’t be enough for the Kings, and that the Sixers would have to include a pick.

that Ringer piece appears to be just recapping what has been reported previously, no? That said, I found it interesting that the author apparently thinks Thybulle wouldn’t be enough for the Kings, and that the Sixers would have to include a pick.
we’re not getting thybull man Philadelphia isn’t paying Bogi after this season

So I would like to know how desperate they are and what we can extract. Two useful players and a pick way down the road would be just dandy. Throw in Dedmon for salary.
Just inherent lack of self-awareness from the FO again. This team is going nowhere and we have a real chance to recoup solid assets for Bogi. If something like Thybulle was on the table for Bogi, you send that deal in yesterday.

Just inherent lack of self-awareness from the FO again. This team is going nowhere and we have a real chance to recoup solid assets for Bogi. If something like Thybulle was on the table for Bogi, you send that deal in yesterday.
Just because they say they aren't selling doesn't mean they won't. In fact I think they are posturing to see who gets desperate to make an offer we can't refuse.

Just because they say they aren't selling doesn't mean they won't. In fact I think they are posturing to see who gets desperate to make an offer we can't refuse.
Hope so. I like Bogi a lot and I'd want him to stay if I thought this team could go anywhere in the next few years. But trading him would be a massive positive sign that the FO knows this core isn't good enough and they need to retool rather than lock themselves into a core that's capped at like 45 wins.

We need to trade Bogdanovic before the end of the trade deadline. After he comes in hurt or worn down after the Olympic Games we may not get any thing for him.

Hope so. I like Bogi a lot and I'd want him to stay if I thought this team could go anywhere in the next few years. But trading him would be a massive positive sign that the FO knows this core isn't good enough and they need to retool rather than lock themselves into a core that's capped at like 45 wins.
I really like Bogi but the fact that he is at least if not more committed to his national team than his NBA career and constantly has some sort of health struggle makes me think we should sell high if the opportunity arises.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
We need to trade Bogdanovic before the end of the trade deadline. After he comes in hurt or worn down after the Olympic Games we may not get any thing for him.
Bogdan will be a free agent this summer. If we don't trade him before the trade deadline, we can't trade him at all.

If Sacramento gets a strong offer for anybody on their current roster who doesn’t look like they are going to work out or who they likely won’t be able to keep, then it should be very strongly considered. Almost every option should be on the table, but the return has to be worth the cost. Bogi is valuable to the Kings and I wouldn’t mind if they kept him, but maybe there is a trade out there that would bring in some needed pieces to more than make up for his absence.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Bogs, Bjelica, Hield, Giles, Dedmon, Cojo, Yogi - all should be talked about in trades. Not that I don't like some of them, but the pieces do not fit in many respects, and some of these guys either do not want to play, or cannot play on a consistent basis. The hard thing is to trade Bogs and Bjelica because they both have had their fine moments in a Kings uniform. But it makes no sense to keep them if they could indeed bring youth, talent, and a complementary cast to Sacto. Dedmon has already sealed his fate with his trade comments. Hield looks like a guy who is going to need a trade or two to get it into his thick head what it means to be a professional NBA player. Giles is a tweener - he just can't guard the bigger centers and doesn't fit in his offensive (and maybe defensive) game at the stretch 4. As with Giles, Cojo and Yogi are both guys I like because of their competitive spirit, but if they have to be packaged in a blockbuster deal to make the salaries fit, you unfortunately have to do it.

Bogs, Bjelica, Hield, Giles, Dedmon, Cojo, Yogi - all should be talked about in trades. Not that I don't like some of them, but the pieces do not fit in many respects, and some of these guys either do not want to play, or cannot play on a consistent basis. The hard thing is to trade Bogs and Bjelica because they both have had their fine moments in a Kings uniform. But it makes no sense to keep them if they could indeed bring youth, talent, and a complementary cast to Sacto. Dedmon has already sealed his fate with his trade comments. Hield looks like a guy who is going to need a trade or two to get it into his thick head what it means to be a professional NBA player. Giles is a tweener - he just can't guard the bigger centers and doesn't fit in his offensive (and maybe defensive) game at the stretch 4. As with Giles, Cojo and Yogi are both guys I like because of their competitive spirit, but if they have to be packaged in a blockbuster deal to make the salaries fit, you unfortunately have to do it.
The only name I am sad to see on this list is Buddy and yet if the price is right I do it. As long as we aren't making panic moves I am ok.

Nonsense. We love Justin James for showing a fraction of the defensive potential of Thybulle.
Nonsense back at ya. ;)

SOME fans here love JJ. There are still many that haven’t bought in and ridicule the pick. So not true at all.

Again, I’m not dogging Thybulle as a player. Although I do think much of the talk I read about him is hyperbole at this point. He’s looked very good at times but isn’t all world anything yet. But I digress. The point was and still is, prospects on other teams >>>> prospects on the KINGS no matter the circumstances. That’s how this site rolls. Doesn’t matter if the players name is Thybulle, Oubre, or Joe Schmoe.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The point was and still is, prospects on other teams >>>> prospects on the KINGS no matter the circumstances. That’s how this site rolls. Doesn’t matter if the players name is Thybulle, Oubre, or Joe Schmoe.
I'm pretty sure that guy you're talking about that the other team drafted is named Grass Greener.

Nonsense back at ya. ;)

SOME fans here love JJ. There are still many that haven’t bought in and ridicule the pick. So not true at all.

Again, I’m not dogging Thybulle as a player. Although I do think much of the talk I read about him is hyperbole at this point. He’s looked very good at times but isn’t all world anything yet. But I digress. The point was and still is, prospects on other teams >>>> prospects on the KINGS no matter the circumstances. That’s how this site rolls. Doesn’t matter if the players name is Thybulle, Oubre, or Joe Schmoe.
There is not a case in the last 13 seasons where the franchise would have been successful if they had just stuck to their guns and kept any of the players. The reason why fans want other team's prospects is because our players suck for the most part and the fans know that the Kings literally cannot make the playoffs until a big group of our current players are gone and other team's players or prospects from the draft are brought in.

We know bad basketball better than any other fan base. So far, we haven't been wrong on any of our players. If we think they suck, they normally suck. If we think they're a bust, they're either a bust or at best a back end of the bench rotational player. Not once have us fans crapped all over a player and then had them go on to another team and be wildly successful.

If you want to hammer on something, hammer on the franchise for getting rid of two good coaches who have had the best track records in recent memory with the franchise. The fans wanting better players because our players suck isn't something to rag on them about because they're right about that.

Nonsense back at ya. ;)

Which prospects on other teams do you think we overvalue and which prospects on our team do you undervalue?

Bagley, Buddy, and Fox all deserve the criticism they’re getting hell I think fox is overvalued compared to Morant.