Bogdanovic’s ceiling

Being close to your ceiling also means that sometimes your basketball brain is close to fully formed. If the player you expect someone to be is different than what they are it sometimes does more harm than good to try and change that when they are this far along in their development. If there is a negative to the Kings drafting or trading for older, more developed players it's that they tend to be a bit less malleable.

I think Bogdan can be a huge part of the team showing the overall game he possesses. If there are players on the team destined to be a true scorers it would be Buddy or Skal. They don't have as complete a game as Bogdan but their mentality is that of a scorer. Bogdan is a more willing passer and play maker so I think it's in the best interest of the team to find a way that that combination of players can work to both their full individual effectiveness and as a unit. Bogdan could be setting up those two for their offense and at the same time being a true triple threat himself.
Yes I agree which is why I don’t see Bogdan as over 23-25. But the team is better when he runs the pick and rolls. For that to be effective he has to be a real scoring threat as it opens the game up for everyone else.

He can’t do what he did last night which was miss a few shots and stop shooting.

Whoops somehow missed Cooley.

But the bigger point is Bogdan has been on the floor more than anybody for us this season and is our best offensive player, yet doesn't have control of the offense. That's a big coaching scheme failure in my book.
Perhaps or perhaps the coach is letting his role develop slowly and not forcing it this year. Next year will be a different story.

Bogie must have been recently reading his press clippings and breathing his own exhaust. He stunk it up the last couple of games, although he has been good with the assists.

Because of the dive his scoring output / shooting percentage took in the last month (7 games)? Is something like that usually conclusive ?
Yeah, not conclusive at all but it's revealing certain things. Part of it is that teams are guarding him differently. He seems to really struggle when teams double him off the pick and roll. I think they can work around that easily but it's like with Tyreke when he was here, there are particular ways where his big body and lack of speed will limit his potential in some regards.

Hm just thinking, Bogdan rarely left alone on 3 point...Can coach build some action for Bogi?

I'm not sure him running around screens is his best usage but I agree that he should get some help there. They've put the ball in his hands more and more and that's good. I'm really happy they are letting him run pick and roll and he's busting out largely because of that. I think they need to start refining some set plays that accentuate his positives and hide his negatives and some pin downs, back screens, and off ball action could be a part of that, but I like him as a play maker.

Yeah, not conclusive at all but it's revealing certain things. Part of it is that teams are guarding him differently. He seems to really struggle when teams double him off the pick and roll. I think they can work around that easily but it's like with Tyreke when he was here, there are particular ways where his big body and lack of speed will limit his potential in some regards.
yeah I've noticed teams have been doubling him off the pick and roll, but not necessarily sure his recent struggles come from that. yes he is not scoring off of those, but he is not taking bad shots and he is not turning the ball over for the most part. however, they are failing to take advantage of the double. someone is open and they as a team have to create the movement that will allow a pass out of the double team and with further ball movement should create a good shot.

I'm not sure him running around screens is his best usage but I agree that he should get some help there. They've put the ball in his hands more and more and that's good. I'm really happy they are letting him run pick and roll and he's busting out largely because of that. I think they need to start refining some set plays that accentuate his positives and hide his negatives and some pin downs, back screens, and off ball action could be a part of that, but I like him as a play maker.

yeah, i think his 3pt shooting percentage really suffers when he comes off of screens compared to when he has the ball and pulls up in rythm or when he is set and gets a pass.. this is probably the case with all players but to me it seems his dropoff in percentage is more pronounced.