Bobby Jackson Anybody?

Would You Want Bobby Jackson as a Sacramento King in 06-07

• Total voters
Dont hate me for this guys... but I just thought of something... We saw our small line up be very affective this series... Wat if we went with that, but tweaked it... Somehow aquire a dominate big man... most likly trading miller to do so... and start Mike, Kevin, Bonzi, Ron, Dominate big man... then we culd have a place for a back up PG in bobby j, garcia finds more time, and SAR will continue to be big in the PF off the bench...

Just thinking about it... i mean, Ron and Bonzi are enough post offense that we need. it would jsut be post defense that would hurt us. We saw kevin guarding a big alot this yr when ron bonzi kevin and mike were on the floor... if kevin developes his D, than he could theoretically take over the D job that bonzi gets, and Bonzi could harass the secondary big on the floor...

Food for thought.. what yall think? I love Bobby J.. so I would love to see this happen (but only if it would be effective... I need input!)

I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Nate Robinson traded here. He had his differences with Larry Brown, and NY has a bunch of pg's anyways. He can be a high energy player off the bench.

I'm hoping the Kings learned a lesson during the Spurs series. Why waste roster spots on players you will never play, when you can fill your bench with very good to great older players who can help you win championships. I know the Luxury Tax is a big problem for the Maloofs, but watching the Spurs use Horry, Finley, Van Exel, and Barry to shower 3 pointers into our rear ends while going 10-11 players deep into their bench should be a wake up call.

Bobby was great when he was with us... until the end (Sonics series, anyone?)

I voted no, due to the huge fork sticking out of his back. Thanks for the memories Bobby.
~~

Hell yes. Anyone afraid of injuries and declining play is nuts. I'm assuming he'd sign for cheap coming back to Sacto. Barry and Finley showed us how deadly declining old guys can be when they come off the bench in wave after wave. To be a contender a team needs depth, otherwise you just get overwhelmed when you can't where the other team down for their sheer numbers. Garcia, Bobby, and Martin can get plenty of minutes off the bench, especially since one of them is always bound to get hot. This offseason I really think depth is going to be critical (next to a lane presence) and BJax has proven many times before that he can be that catalyst off the bench- this season, too. I would be ecstatic if he came back. Veteran bench mob=good.

captain bill said:
Hell yes. Anyone afraid of injuries and declining play is nuts. I'm assuming he'd sign for cheap coming back to Sacto. Barry and Finley showed us how deadly declining old guys can be when they come off the bench in wave after wave. To be a contender a team needs depth, otherwise you just get overwhelmed when you can't where the other team down for their sheer numbers. Garcia, Bobby, and Martin can get plenty of minutes off the bench, especially since one of them is always bound to get hot. This offseason I really think depth is going to be critical (next to a lane presence) and BJax has proven many times before that he can be that catalyst off the bench- this season, too. I would be ecstatic if he came back. Veteran bench mob=good.
Couldn't agree more. Look at the championship teams... who comes of the bench? aged veterans... Rarely do you see alot of minutes from a young gun off the bench. I think we should strenghten our bench and sign some veteran players, with some post season experience.

SacKings4Life21 said:
Couldn't agree more. Look at the championship teams... who comes of the bench? aged veterans... Rarely do you see alot of minutes from a young gun off the bench. I think we should strenghten our bench and sign some veteran players, with some post season experience.

Before this post season our top 3 bench players had never played a playoff game.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if B-Jax went to the Pistons. I'd still rather have a guy like Duhon/Bell/Lue/James (a stretch on him though). Who knows what money Bobby will want, is older, and proved he's still injury prone. I'd take him if we couldn't get any of the other guys, and it isn't too much money.

What we do with Bonzi will decide what we can spend on FAs, simple as that.

tubiscus said:
I'm hoping the Kings learned a lesson during the Spurs series. Why waste roster spots on players you will never play, when you can fill your bench with very good to great older players who can help you win championships. I know the Luxury Tax is a big problem for the Maloofs, but watching the Spurs use Horry, Finley, Van Exel, and Barry to shower 3 pointers into our rear ends while going 10-11 players deep into their bench should be a wake up call.
This is one of the best statements I have ever seen posted here. I totally agree and have said this before. We have so many players riding the bench that we don't think about using until garbage time (Corliss, Vitaly, Jamaal, Price, Monia, Hart but he was playing more at the end). We really need to think about getting guys that are the tail end of their careers like Bobby is and who wouldn't mind coming off the bench to help us when we need it. Bobby could be that guy like the guys that SA has, we desperatly need shooters and spark off the bench. SA just killed us with their spot up shooters off the bench, I mean is it legal to have so many big name/big shot guys on 1 team??? :D

I've always been a big Bobby fan. It would be nice to have him back in a Kings uniform as a bench player. We can always use a spark like him to pick up the tempo of the game. Besides, I can pull out my B-Jax jersey again! :D

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Tomcat said:
I've always been a big Bobby fan. It would be nice to have him back in a Kings uniform as a bench player. We can always use a spark like him to pick up the tempo of the game. Besides, I can pull out my B-Jax jersey again! :D
A BJax jersey is always appropriate - don't let anyone tell you different....

If he were some 5 years younger then without a doubt. He is getting on a bit and with his injury history I don't think we should go back.

I do agree that there is probably no one better out there as a back up PG but I would like us to look at someone younger.