Bobby Jackson Anybody?

Would You Want Bobby Jackson as a Sacramento King in 06-07

• Total voters
B Jax is a free agent this summer. the Kings desperately need a backup point guard. I think the days of Bobby Jackson being a starter is long gone. He could not beat out Damon Stoudamire and he could not even hold off Chucky Atkins.

Bobby is still very much involved with the Sacramento community. Shoot, he even hitched a ride back to Sac with the Kings organization from Memphis heading into the All Star break.

I love Bobby, but he's 32/33, always that risk of injury (did some this season, just not as long as with us). Should be expensive also. I'd rather get a younger back-up guard like Duhon/Bell/Banks/Lue, before thinking about him. That said, I'd be ok if he came back, but not for a large amount of money.

R

Rome

No thanks. I would rather get a shotblocker/rebounder/defensive big rather then sign a injured sixth man. Plus we already got SAR so he's good enough for a 6th man role.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Last time i checked Reef cannot play PG.

I have concerns about Bobby after seeing the way he sometimes struggled this year. But if we are looking for a backup PG, and we are, we would be hardpressed to do better. And who better to mesh with the Ron/Bonzi physical intensity?

If I told you my little man corps was:

Ron
Bonzi
Bibby
Kevin
Bobby
Garcia

Who the hell would want to play us next year? We'd swarm you.

Last edited:
R

Rome

Ok so i assume you want to go after BJ by using your MLE.

Thats just perfect. I'll make sure to be back next year to dunk and hit wide open layups all over your soft front court.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AriesMar27

it depends on how we get a bigman and who we draft... if he's available after the fact, sure... hopefully hart will opt out....

Bricklayer

Rome said:
Ok so i assume you want to go after BJ by using your MLE.

Thats just perfect. I'll make sure to be back next year to dunk and hit wide open layups all over your soft front court.
The MLE is just one of many tools this offseason, just as backup PG is just one of many holes. In order to get the impact defender we need up front, strongly suspect it will have to be via trade anyway.

A

AriesMar27

what other options are there? who could be had at a reasonable price? corliss for watson and filler would be okay... since the sonics would have to resign ridnour next season...

maybe arroyo? he and garrity for corliss would work.... why is it that corliss is our only attractive trade piece? but i swear if the magic had corliss they could offer both he and hill to minny for kg.... that would be nuts, then again so could the knicks with rose and taylor...

M

MrBiggs

I'd take Bobby for the vet min but he's too much of a liability to spend any real cash on. Like, NVE and Horry, I'd save him for the playoffs. Give him 10-15 minutes a game throughout the season and up it significantly in the post season. Bobby is fearless and was puting up great #s before they signed Atkins.

maybe Banks (doubt he gets 29 million, 5-years, has lower options as well) or Tyronn Lue. If we could trade for Charlie Bell or Duhon that'd be real nice.

Bobby is too old and injury prone. I would only want to see him back if he only wants less than 3 millions. Tony Delk is a free agent. He can score (remember his 50 points outburst against the Kings) and defend (from I saw of him when he was playing for the Kings). The big question mark on him is whehter he can distribute the ball well. Mike James would be a fantastic pick up for the Kings but he will demand quite a bit of money.

Bricklayer

Delk is as old as Bobby, only not as good.

James would obviously be the dream candidate, but all sorts of reasons (money, PT, ego) why it won't happen.

I would just love to see bobby back... he was amazing! But he would have to want to be back for a low salary. We have high expectations for next season and so we need money to accomplish that.

I agree that the big defender we need is going to have to come through a trade. So MLE should be to patch our depth. Joel wants more than MLE anyway

Bricklayer said:
Delk is as old as Bobby, only not as good.

James would obviously be the dream candidate, but all sorts of reasons (money, PT, ego) why it won't happen.
I don't think Delk is as injury-prone as Bobby. A team can have the best player in the world but that player isn't worth much to the team if he can't play due to injuries

SacTownKid said:
Hell yeah!

But Garcie gets crunched. So I am torn. I hope Francisco can get that backup PG/SF next year.

Garcia is not quick enough to run point. He is also not a big play maker yet. I would love to see Bobby run backup PG next year.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Merdiesel said:
Garcia is not quick enough to run point. He is also not a big play maker yet. I would love to see Bobby run backup PG next year.
Not true, not true at all. Before he got injured he did a great job at backup PG, where he and Ron split the duties.

Bricklayer

FrenchCanadianKING said:
As much as I love Bobby J, he aint gettin any younger. Health and the money he's asking are the main issues.
Thing is, if we actually bring back Mike/Bonzi/Artest/Kevin I really don't see a big minute slot there for the backup PG. More likely just a 10-15min type guy. But you'd still like him to be able to fill in as a starter in case of injury. So Bobby might actually be a good candidate. Question would be whether he'd be willing to accept that role. Disappointing year for him this year -- know he was hoping to play well and score a big contract, but it did not work out. Not sure if in his mind he's slipped all the way down to a 10-15min guy though.

hes going to command more than we'd want to pay for him. he's getting up there in age and has a history of injuries. lets get a younger guy if possible.