Blow It Up

5 years? They just need time to gel, get totally healthy, get the right coach, learn to play together, trust the process, and then make the playoffs!

By my calculation that should all be covered and START TONIGHT! LETS GO !!!
Who knows what would have happened if we didn’t waste nearly 3 years on Walton though. It’s really sad, honestly. Those guys were headed in the right direction IMO

Jaylen Brown is a little Fox like if you ask me. Has similar impact stats. Better defender, worse offensive player. I don't think he would make the team better but it's possible.
Definitely not. I mean, look at Boston. They’re doing the same thing we’re doing, just with bigger names. We’d probably have a similar record if we were lucky enough to play in the Eastern conference. Having to play the Suns, Warriors and Jazz 4 times is brutal on top of already being a treadmill team.

Is Atlanta loading up for a Simmons swing? Collins + a first + filler might be enough to get it done.

maybe we can jump in on this and get some assets if it happens?

Atlanta trades Collins+First Filler Okongwu
Atlanta receives Simmons Bagley

Sixers trade Simmons Harris Reed
Sixers receive Collins, Thompson first Barnes

Kings trade Barnes Thompson Bagley
Kings receive Harris Reed Okongwu

we take on a negative contract for a wing that fits better with Collins in exchange for a young wing and a young defensive minded big

I didn’t take the time to figure out salaries but I’m sure some pieces could me moved around

I agree. If we trade a frp, it should be for someone with a longer contract like Collins. We can’t trade our future for someone who can split in a year or 2
Not to mention he's still not even an average player at the moment and he's 3 years in. Similar position to Bagley.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Definitely not. I mean, look at Boston. They’re doing the same thing we’re doing, just with bigger names. We’d probably have a similar record if we were lucky enough to play in the Eastern conference. Having to play the Suns, Warriors and Jazz 4 times is brutal on top of already being a treadmill team.
A Brown for Fox swap would probably improve both teams balance but alone won't move the needle for either significantly. Like you say our biggest barrier is our division/scheduling. Celtics might get some extra wins but playoff wise I think they are being eclipsed.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Kings twitter is losing their minds over Reddish. I get if he could have been had for a second rounder and an expiring maybe it's a good deal assuming Cam came to play because there's some rumors he got exactly what he wanted in a move to NY, and also it still feels like the kind of minor move just to make a move rather than the shot in the arm this franchise needs.

Kings twitter is losing their minds over Reddish. I get if he could have been had for a second rounder and an expiring maybe it's a good deal assuming Cam came to play because there's some rumors he got exactly what he wanted in a move to NY, and also it still feels like the kind of minor move just to make a move rather than the shot in the arm this franchise needs.
He doesn't get to choose where he plays. He will be a RFA even if the contract ends.

Is Atlanta loading up for a Simmons swing? Collins + a first + filler might be enough to get it done.

maybe we can jump in on this and get some assets if it happens?

we take on a negative contract for a wing that fits better with Collins in exchange for a young wing and a young defensive minded big

I didn’t take the time to figure out salaries but I’m sure some pieces could me moved around
If the Kings are taking on Harris, they'd better get Collins or Simmons.

Harris is set to make an additional $76M after this year. Plus $18M more for the second half of the year. That's $94M.
Barnes is set to make $18M after this year. Plus $10M more for the second half of the year. That's $28M.

The difference is $66M.

Here's the offensive numbers between them this year:

Harris: 18, 7.5, 4.
Barnes: 16, 6, 2.

Barnes is the better defender.

If the Kings are taking on Harris, they'd better get Collins or Simmons.

Harris is set to make an additional $76M after this year. Plus $18M more for the second half of the year. That's $94M.
Barnes is set to make $18M after this year. Plus $10M more for the second half of the year. That's $28M.

The difference is $66M.

Here's the offensive numbers between them this year:

Harris: 18, 7.5, 4.
Barnes: 16, 6, 2.

Barnes is the better defender.
Yeh it’s a negative contract but we are getting 2 young players in exchange for the bloated money. I like Okongwu a lot and Reed has shown some promise on the wing. You could make an argument that Tobias is the better player right now too.

if you did something like this you would probably need to be sure you could unload Buddy to give you some flexibility.

or maybe we get the first round pick from Atlanta for the trouble

Thats what these even very heavily protected first round picks can net you. One would think that it could've benefitted us to have even some of those additional draft assets. If you look back at these old threads after trading Boogie, almost no one valued those at all. People rather had Zbo, VC, KK, Rondo, Bellinelli, Landry, GHill ect.

But yeah lets keep going down this road. Its not like we havent done this for ever since Cousins was drafted and the results are litterally the worst that it could be. The worst situation to be in is not talented enough for competing in the playoffs with bad cap situation and constantly drafting outside of the top 5. Thats the worst possible place a franchise can be and we've been there for so long.

Yeh it’s a negative contract but we are getting 2 young players in exchange for the bloated money. I like Okongwu a lot and Reed has shown some promise on the wing. You could make an argument that Tobias is the better player right now too.

if you did something like this you would probably need to be sure you could unload Buddy to give you some flexibility.

or maybe we get the first round pick from Atlanta for the trouble
They could trade Barnes plus filler for a mid to late first, which is essentially about the same return of Okongwu and Reed without the extra $66M.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
curious what the protections are. Was hoping for Reddish

would convey this year if season ended today. Not sure id have wanted to try to beat that.
Just for future reference, a really good resource on future/traded picks is this website:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

In this case, the protections are those that Charlotte put on the pick when they sent it to New York at the end of July.

The fact that we didn't get any extra FRP in our rebuilding phase really hurts. We could use those in trades without using our own draft pick.
Exactly why asset collection is so valuable. The Kings just aren't in the position to tie up their FRP with protection being a bad team. But if you had 1 or 2 extra firsts lying around, I absolutely would use one to take a shot on a guy like Reddish at a premium position.

I was saying Okongwu, Reed and the first from Atlanta
Ahh, that makes it more balanced. Your OP has the first going to Philly and as written, it's hard to tell that it's a FRP. See below:

Ahh, that makes it more balanced. Your OP has the first going to Philly and as written, it's hard to tell that it's a FRP. See below:

Yeh, I originally posted that and then amended based on your thoughts.