Blow It Up

I see fewer and fewer games. They are all blacked out. I opted for a sports package, and get a few Kings games a day after they are played.
It hardly seems to matter.
A team that can't play defense can't win in the NBA.
You aren't missing a darn thing. This is the same feel as the waiting period for them to finally just trade Ron Ron and Salmons. Just counting days at this point.

Another interesting idea is to trade for Jamal Murray...

DEN Gets: De'Aaron Fox, Harrison Barnes, & Damian Jones
DEN Gives: Jamal Murray, JaMychal Green, PJ Dozier, & Rodney McGruder

PG - Fox / Morris / Campazzo
SG - Barton / Hyland / Rivers
SF - Barnes / Cancar / Porter (Injured)
PF - Gordon / Green
C - Jokic / Jones / Nnaji

SAC Gets: Jamal Murray, JaMychal Green, PJ Dozier, & Rodney McGruder
SAC Gives: De'Aaron Fox, Harrison Barnes, & Damian Jones

PG - Haliburton / Mitchell
SG - Hield / Davis / Ramsey / Murray (Injured)
SF - Harkless / McGruder / Woodard
PF - Green / Bagley / Metu
C - Holmes / Len / Thompson

McNair would likely need Vivek's blessing to give up on the playoffs this year to pursue such a trade, but this trade has many advantages for us:

1. First off, I think it's an overall talent upgrade going from Fox to Murray
  2. Murray is 24 years old so would be on the same timeline as Haliburton, Mitchell, and our future 1st round picks
  3. Murray is an elite off-ball player and a great shooter while Haliburton is a great distributor of the ball. They'd be an excellent young backcourt that complements each others games very well
  4. Since Murray is likely out for the rest of the year, this trade basically removes two significant starters from our team this year which will likely result in the losses to pile up which means we'd have a great shot at landing a Top 5 pick in the upcoming draft.
  5. When you do a "typical" tank where you'd sell off Fox, Barnes, etc. for young players (younger than Murray) and picks. you're likely accepting the fact that you're not going to be in place to make the playoffs for a few years. However, this allows the Kings to not only tank this year to get a top pick, but allows them to keep a star/fringe-star talent on their roster for next season. Considering Vivek's appetite for making the playoffs, this type of approach could be more appealing to him

If we make the Buddy Hield/Mo Harkless/SAC 2022 2nd/SAC 2023 2nd for Al Horford/Kenrich Williams trade and the Richaun Holmes for Ish Smith/PJ Washington, we'd have the following players under contract going into the 2022-23 season:

PG - Haliburton / Mitchell
SG - Murray / Davis / Ramsey
SF - Williams / Woodard
PF - Washington / Green / Metu
C - Horford / Len
Picks - 2022 Top 5 Pick

If we hit on the Top 5 pick, we'd have a very solid, young foundation of Haliburton, Murray, Washington, Mitchell, & 2022 Top 5 Pick to build on.

A little too much? I find that absolutely insane.

Morey can ask whatever he wants. I can list my 16-year-old car for $100K, that doesn't make that the value of the car. Until proven otherwise, the value of Ben Simmons on the open market would appear to be about equal to Fox. But we're asked to take on a huge contract of a player whose efficiency has cratered this year (now shooting under .300 from three) AND to give up two of our best three-point threats (including one of our best all-around players) AND a first rounder to do that? In the modern NBA? We would literally have one player (Hali) who can shoot above .300 from outside the arc on the team. In the modern NBA. That's garbage. And we wouldn't even have a first-round pick this year to try to address that? This trade is Russian Roulette with a pistol instead of a revolver.
I just figured it out. Morey should just label Simmons as an NFT.

RealGM Philly board thinks a three way deal btwn Sac, Philly, and ATL is likely. Some of their trade scenarios are idiotic, but they’re citing a Woj comment that the Kings are for sure offering Barnes to the 76ers. I’m trying to find where Woj said that.

RealGM Philly board thinks a three way deal btwn Sac, Philly, and ATL is likely. Some of their trade scenarios are idiotic, but they’re citing a Woj comment that the Kings are for sure offering Barnes to the 76ers. I’m trying to find where Woj said that.
If we are getting Simmons we better be keeping Barnes as you need spot up shooters around Simmons.

There’s this on Twitter. It’s just a trade proposal from I think a writer from TKH or something but it’s based of the rumors that atl and Philly are a bit more serious than us at getting simmons, this trade has us making moves to get rid of some of the core but atl seems to get the bigger prize. I don’t think Collins is considered the top 25 player the sixers are looking for so it’ll prob take 1st round picks going to them but I really don’t see them making this trade unless there’s absolutely no value left in simmons.

There’s this on Twitter. It’s just a trade proposal from I think a writer from TKH or something but it’s based of the rumors that atl and Philly are a bit more serious than us at getting simmons, this trade has us making moves to get rid of some of the core but atl seems to get the bigger prize. I don’t think Collins is considered the top 25 player the sixers are looking for so it’ll prob take 1st round picks going to them but I really don’t see them making this trade unless there’s absolutely no value left in simmons.
That’s a terrible trade from GWiss. Only real long term value coming back is Reddish, who the Kings would need to sign to an extension next year. Fox and Harris at $60m+ per year plus Reddish at $15m+ before paying Hali is a freaking treadmilling disaster.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...Include-Tobias-Harris-In-Trade-Of-Ben-Simmons

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjbze4dj

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3tjtjjg

I’ve been against trading for Harris, but am open to it, if it lowers the price. Fox + Buddy + Harrison/Bagley for Simmons + Harris. Filler on both sides and/or draft picks to even it out.
It’s hard to imagine that another NBA team would want any Kings players - much less give up anything of value for such a substandard lot.

Ugh two declining vets on big contracts just to swap Barnes for Reddish? Ugh I hate it but Monte could well do it.

Something appears to be in the works but I’m having trouble believing it will be anything but a short term deal to try to make the play-in and will set us back 3 years like Vlade’s Philly deal. I hope you all smack me about how wrong I am.

If we are getting Simmons we better be keeping Barnes as you need spot up shooters around Simmons.
If we’re trading for Simmons, we can’t keep everyone we wanna keep. That’s not how this works, unfortunately. A sacrifice like Barnes will likely have to be made. You can’t fix every issue with one trade. Let’s find spot up shooters for next season or whatever if that’s the case

Monte will definitely make a significant trade or two. People forget we hired him during a pandemic with all of this non traditional stuff going on. It’s not like everyone has been wheeling and dealing over the last year and some change. Strange times is an understatement

If we’re trading for Simmons, we can’t keep everyone we wanna keep. That’s not how this works, unfortunately. A sacrifice like Barnes will likely have to be made. You can’t fix every issue with one trade. Let’s find spot up shooters for next season or whatever if that’s the case
Right but the player to trade who overlaps with Simmons is Fox. We only have 3 guys who can shoot: Barnes, Buddy and Tyrese.

That’s a terrible trade from GWiss. Only real long term value coming back is Reddish, who the Kings would need to sign to an extension next year. Fox and Harris at $60m+ per year plus Reddish at $15m+ before paying Hali is a freaking treadmilling disaster.
It does nothing at all for us. It still doesn't make us a playoff team and takes us further toward the tail end of the lottery. I'm sure Vivek would be all over it.

I see no reason to acquire Reddish unless its for Bagley straight up. He's improved from one of the worst players in the league to merely not a very good player in 3 years. His impact stats are still very bad even though he's having his best year.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'd rather they not make a reactionary move that diminishes our assets even further, but something does need to change. If it improves the record or not doesn't matter that much to me, I just want to see them look like a cohesive unit again.

I see no reason to acquire Reddish unless its for Bagley straight up. He's improved from one of the worst players in the league to merely not a very good player in 3 years. His impact stats are still very bad even though he's having his best year.
That trade from GWiss = someone who thinks Reddish is going to morph into a star wing. Otherwise, it’s treadmilling suicide.

I'd rather they not make a reactionary move that diminishes our assets even further, but something does need to change. If it improves the record or not doesn't matter that much to me, I just want to see them look like a cohesive unit again.
There has been enough changes around the core in the past 5 years to account for talent upgrades, personality/chemistry changes, coaching changes, etc and there appears to be a ceiling. There is nothing left to try except to change the core. Whether that makes the team better or worse record wise is still better than riding this hamster wheel.

There has been enough changes around the core in the past 5 years to account for talent upgrades, personality/chemistry changes, coaching changes, etc and there appears to be a ceiling. There is nothing left to try except to change the core. Whether that makes the team better or worse record wise is still better than riding this hamster wheel.
5 years and the following players got new contracts with the Kings: Fox, Barnes, Buddy, Holmes. Blowing up that core = Not Reactionary, but rather wayyyyyyyy OVERDUE.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
5 years and the following players got new contracts with the Kings: Fox, Barnes, Buddy, Holmes. Blowing up that core = Not Reactionary, but rather wayyyyyyyy OVERDUE.
5 years? They just need time to gel, get totally healthy, get the right coach, learn to play together, trust the process, and then make the playoffs!

By my calculation that should all be covered and START TONIGHT! LETS GO !!!

5 years? They just need time to gel, get totally healthy, get the right coach, learn to play together, trust the process, and then make the playoffs!

By my calculation that should all be covered and START TONIGHT! LETS GO !!!
watch this sarcastic response somehow lead to a 10 game win streak and we all will witness the power of @SLAB