Best news yet! Deal is done!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As soon as the big news hits, we'll open this up so we have a clean thread for a new beginning!!!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!

The thread is open and the nightmare is over.

THANK YOU Kevin Johnson for leading us out of the darkness and into the promised land.

WE ARE SACRAMENTO!!!

Last edited:
Sacramento group, Maloof family reach deal for Kings

A Sacramento investors group has reached a deal with the Maloof family to buy the Kings for an NBA record valuation of $535 million, a source has told The Sacramento Bee.

The agreement, reached today, is expected to be announced sometime Friday. If the NBA approves the deal, escrow is expected to close at the end of May.

The source, close to the deal, said the Maloof family was eager to "turn the page" and was pleased they were able to sell to a group that will keep the team in Sacramento.

The source said more details will be released Friday, including statements from partners in the deal.

A spokesman for the Sacramento investment group, led by Vivek Ranadive, declined comment.

A spokesman for the Maloof family could not be reached.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/16/5427622/kings.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/16/5427622/kings.html

Last edited:
Awesome news!! Way to go Vivek!

As for Bucher, this is exactly what we want. The Warriors and Kings is the sleeping giant of potential rivalries. As I've been saying, these are 2 of the best fan bases in the league and are less than 90 miles apart but there has never been a season since the Kings came to Sacramento where both teams were in the playoffs at the same time. Imagine how awesome that WILL be. Grant and Bucher going off on the other market and fan bases will be just the tip of the iceberg...

At Last! The foul bitter taste of maloof that was in my mouth for so long is finally gone! Good riddance. Now....we can begin to get back to basketball the way it was meant to be! Happy days are here again! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!YippeeKaiYay!!!!!!!!!Awesome!!!!!!!GRoovy!!!!!!!fantastik!!!!!!!!YeeeHawww!!!!!!!!supercalifragilistickexpialadocious!!!!!!!!!Un freaking belivable!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and here"s to the Ranadive Group and Kevin Johnson and everyone that made this happen. Thank You! :)

Oh my god I can't believe this is finally done. I can finally bust open this bottle of champagne. We never have to hear from the worst owners in all of sports. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!