F

Fillmoe

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/1121sunsnb1121.html

NOTE: I've posted the entire article for clarity...VF21

Barbosa out 1 to 3 weeks, upset about Ginobili 'flop'
Nick Piecoro
The Arizona Republic
Nov. 21, 2005 12:00 AM

The Suns learned Sunday that guard Leandro Barbosa suffered a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his left knee, and the team hopes to have him back in one to three weeks.

For a club that has had its season rocked by another knee injury (Amaré Stoudemire), Barbosa's diagnosis is a relief.

But Barbosa was frustrated over the circumstances of the injury, which occurred at the end of the first half of Saturday night's 97-91 loss at San Antonio.

Spurs guard Manu Ginobili fell backward into the side of Barbosa's knee, and after watching a replay, Barbosa believes the injury could have been avoided.

"Ginobili always likes to flop," Barbosa said. "Nobody even touched him."

Ginobili was apparently trying to get position over Raja Bell when he stumbled backward.

"He just flopped," Barbosa said. "That's why I feel sad to hurt myself like that. I wish I could have hurt myself in another way."

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said: "(Ginobili) got tangled up a little bit with Raja Bell and just to make his point, he was falling down. It was an accident."

Ginobili has long been accused of putting on performances to draw fouls, and was even needled during last season's Western Conference finals when Suns forward Shawn Marion joked about practicing his own acting skills.

Barbosa's injury occurred just when he seemed to be finding his stride. Averaging 15.7 points per game this season, Barbosa had scored 17 or more in each of his previous five games entering Saturday. He had 14 points before getting hurt against the Spurs.

"It's frustrating because he gives us that speed we're missing without Amaré," D'Antoni said. "He's a good kid and he was coming on. It's a bump in the road, but he'll be back on it."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I ever heard Barbosa actually speak...but after reading those quotes I think I want to...heh

Anyways...I did hear about this story earlier today...hopefully Ginobili doesn't injure one of our players tonight...lol

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Suns' coach Mike D'Antoni said, "...It was an accident."
As someone who watched a flop master for years, God love him, I have to admit there are times when it seems as though Manu might have spent some time watching Vlade clips... ;)

Having said that, however, it doesn't sound like this is necessarily one of those situations. Even if it is, I think comments like Barbosa's are best left OUT of the media.

VF21 said:
As someone who watched a flop master for years, God love him, I have to admit there are times when it seems as though Manu might have spent some time watching Vlade clips... ;)

Having said that, however, it doesn't sound like this is necessarily one of those situations. Even if it is, I think comments like Barbosa's are best left OUT of the media.
i've seen ginobili flop, but that was a take down by raja bell. of course barbosa can't blame his teammate, so he blames manu.

P

Peja#16

unscratched said:
Is it me, or Manu's hair just adds to the dramatics of his flops? Come to think of it, Vlade had the same sort of hair thing going on as well.
Your so right, the hair does add an element to the flops:p!

Well responding to the article( I already read it on NBA.com), I think Barbosa is being irrsponsible, you can be mad, but freaking about it to the media is just not cool.