Baja Den's way too early, worthless 2023 mock draft:

"Based on what I've been told, there's no reason I shouldn't be a first-rounder." - O-Max Prosper

He's born July 2002 so he's sort of a young Junior. Brandon Miller, a Freshman, for example is born in November 2002, Maxence is only 4½ months older.

Here is the NBA combine scrimmage, he only played this one and then shut it down... This is one of those 'when there's smoke there's fire' situation, his stock is on the rise for sure...

In a world where Patrick Williams and Isaac Okoro go 4th and 5th in the draft, this player is worth investigating at 24.

"Coming out of college, people were questioning the consistency of my jumper," Prosper said. "That's something I've really worked hard to show NBA teams I can be a catch-and-shoot player. I have the ability to improve and become very versatile on both ends. If some teams weren't sure, I've shown them I can do more things on both ends in this process."
he is certainly one to keep on the list. A data point we don’t have is catch and shoot 3’s can be a different percentage than if pull up 3’s and step back 3’s are included. We need a kid that makes C&S 3’s at a high percentage and plays good defense.

UCLA's Adem Bona is withdrawing his name. Will try again in 2024. UCLA should be pretty good even if they dont land Aday Mara, wonder if this affects his recruitment any?

Jadeon LeDee is returning to SDSU. Major news for the Mountain West Conference.

Last edited:
Olivier-Maxence Prosper is the one we need to draft guys
In the infamous 3rd q game 7 vs the Warriors, during that collapse. I truly believe O-Max is one of the guys, due to his skillset and athleticism and energy, maybe he coulda made a difference for us then. He can highpoint rebounds so like sometimes it'll result in tapping the ball out, which we really coulda used in that Q as Looney's boxing out sorta ruined us.

O-Max represents a possible high reward / low risk opportunity IMO. What we'd be hoping to get from him would be worth way more than a rookie scale deal. He'd land here in a spot where he wouldnt be rushed, he could play at max effort and pick up fouls, could provide a nice change of pace, could be a sparkplug.

You are correct to use the word Need. That is the proper perspective to view him in, I agree, he addresses our team needs (some of the other names being suggusted look much more like luxury picks in comparison to me). This is a positionally flexible player, we're committed to Sabonis at C, so this is a type of combo F you'd want in the fold for that situation...

There's sorta lots of ways he could make that pick worth it too, could really continue to strengthen up and end up a lockdown defender, could be a jack of all trades energy hustle guy, could really help on the boards, maybe his catch and shooting continues to improve which is a scenario that'd easily warrant our 1st rd selection.. Appears to be interchangable with Keegan.

I also made a post many months ago during the season that O-Max could actually end up playing a Ron Artest type of role for the Kings if thats where he lands, n i stick by it!

Last edited:
Derek Lively sits at #12 on the updated ESPN best available list!!!!! Kinda stinks for the Kings but thats wild.. I am not surprised whatsoever, the marginalization of his talent throughout the season was more a figment of the medias imagination than something that seemed real..

Keyonte George down to #16..

Podziemski up to #27! I mentioned like a month ago we're probably gonna have to use the first to secure him, that seems increasingly likely.

O-Max up to #29!!

Trayce Jackson Davis down 5spots from 33 to 38.

Julian Phillips up to #34!!!! He will stay in this draft!!!! bombshell!!

Jordan Walsh up to #39!!! He will stay too!! bombshell!!

damn lotta action these days

Zvonmir Ivisic up to #68

Charles Bediako debuts at #72!!! How bout that!

6'6" Sharpshooter from WSU Justin Powell will keep his name in the draft! Wow! I'd take him with the late 2nd!

I'm a big believer in that kid, would really like to see the Kings get him, pure shot, he's a solid playmaker too and doesnt turn the ball over, efficient player.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a big depth killer. I figure it was very unlikely the Kings keep all 3 picks with the depth they have now, but I think the odds just possibly went up in terms of trading that first rounder. This might actually be a big help since teams thinking they might be able to wait until the early 2nd have to potentially get back up into the back end of the 1st round now. That pick 24 trade value could be on the rise!

6'6" Sharpshooter from WSU Justin Powell will keep his name in the draft! Wow! I'd take him with the late 2nd!

I'm a big believer in that kid, would really like to see the Kings get him, pure shot, he's a solid playmaker too and doesnt turn the ball over, efficient player.
Too many red flags... When he transferred out of Auburn, I saw rumors that he got into a bar fight which ultimately led to his dad pulling him out. 3 schools in 3 years, should've stayed at Auburn.

Yeah, that's a big depth killer. I figure it was very unlikely the Kings keep all 3 picks with the depth they have now, but I think the odds just possibly went up in terms of trading that first rounder. This might actually be a big help since teams thinking they might be able to wait until the early 2nd have to potentially get back up into the back end of the 1st round now. That pick 24 trade value could be on the rise!
I don't think 2nd round prospects going back to college has any effect on our 1st round pick. I think it does hurt our position at #38.. but it's still a good position to be picking.

Well... Lets see how the dust settles first... That first round pick represents an opportunity for us to get a young contributor on a cheap restricted deal.

The 24th pick by the time were on the clock should have plenty of value no doubt.

I'm personally a big fan of some of the player projected on the fringe or the 70 and beyond range, not long ago O-Max was there and now he's projected in the first. The heat just won game seven of the conference finals starting 3 undrafted players remember!

Too many red flags... When he transferred out of Auburn, I saw rumors that he got into a bar fight which ultimately led to his dad pulling him out. 3 schools in 3 years, should've stayed at Auburn.
Well I mean im unsure about NIL money or stories of barfights, but this kid is 6'6 with a pure shot and he's actually got some combo guard skills. He's on the radar. He's good enough to play in the g-league, which is what matters and the price might be very cheap.

Auburn could've used him but they sort of recruit over guys and things like that, they always have a bunch of 6'6 wings who can play. Chance Westry got injured and now he's x-ferred out too but they wouldve overlapped some.

As for WSU, well they had that quadruple murder and big search for a white elantra, which was a national news story, so yeah it was an unfortunate place for anyone to end up last year. I posted here at the time of that news that I wouldnt be surprised to see Powell and Gueye leave, and thats whats happened.

Its easy to see that Powell could've shot the lights out infront of teams in workouts, he can shoot it.

WSU though clearly in recruiting is putting in work landing international players, and has done especially well landing big guys from Africa, a pipeline im sure they'd like to keep open, so I can see why maybe they really wanted Powell badly to space and move the ball.

Last edited:
One of the truly great darkhorse candidates in this draft is out, 7'1" Isaiah Miranda. I can think of not a single prospect that could benefit more from feedback from NBA teams than this kid so its great to see he got to workout for lots of teams.

Mongolian Mike is out.
Arthur Kaluma out.
NaeQwan Tomlin.
Grant Nelson.
Dillon Mitchell
DaRon Holmes
Judah Mintz
Trey Alexander
Josiah-Jordan James
Jalen Bridges
Tristan da Silva

I'm happy the boards are getting shaken up some. Most of these guys are clearly making the right choice too.

Honestly I'm thinking the Nuggets are gonna slaughter Miami in the finals so I'm in full offseason mode already.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
One of the truly great darkhorse candidates in this draft is out, 7'1" Isaiah Miranda. I can think of not a single prospect that could benefit more from feedback from NBA teams than this kid so its great to see he got to workout for lots of teams.

Mongolian Mike is out.
Arthur Kaluma out.
NaeQwan Tomlin.
Grant Nelson.
Dillon Mitchell
DaRon Holmes
Judah Mintz
Trey Alexander
Josiah-Jordan James
Jalen Bridges
Tristan da Silva

I'm happy the boards are getting shaken up some. Most of these guys are clearly making the right choice too.

Honestly I'm thinking the Nuggets are gonna slaughter Miami in the finals so I'm in full offseason mode already.
Yep. On the plus side, our two second round picks in the 2024 draft are suddenly looking like they might have more value than they did last week when that draft was being referred to as the weakest class in a decade.

Yep. On the plus side, our two second round picks in the 2024 draft are suddenly looking like they might have more value than they did last week when that draft was being referred to as the weakest class in a decade.
the perceived weakness in the next draft is at the top, the lottery. Where the Kings are concerned -- the late first, early second, late 2nd, fringe and beyond there's no reason to believe those teirs are gonna be especially weak, thats just too far ahead to project, especially with players in the 4-star range in recruiting, guys like Taylor Hendricks and Brandin Podziemski this year, players like that will separate themselves, plus there's also just a matter of reinforcements on the way, its already begun with Elliot Cadeau.

More withdrawals;

Cliff Omoruyi (Rutgers)
Cormac Ryan (UNC)
Anton Watson (Gonzaga)
Davonte Davis (Arkansas)
Hakim Hart (Maryland)
Dylan Cardwell (Auburn)
Keisei Tominaga (Nebraska)
Antonio Reeves (Kentucky)
Miles Kelly (GT)
Sion James (Tulane)
Jamal Shead (Houston)
Jaylin Williams (Auburn)
TJ Bamba (Villanova)
Johnell Davis and Alijah Martin (FAU)
Jahvon Quinerly (Alabama)
TJ Bickerstaff (JMU)
Mady Traore (Maryland)
AJ Hoggard and Jaden Atkins (Michigan St.)
Tyler Burton (and he'll x-fer to Villanova)
Jordan Nesbitt (Hampton)
Jordan Dingle (St. Johns)
Tristen Newton (UConn)
Elijah Pepper (UC Davis)
Enrique Freeman (Akron)
Tyrin Lawrence (Vanderbilt)
Clarence Daniels II (New Hampshire)
PJ Hall (Clemson)

Last edited:
It seems like Jarace Walker has a promise from some team.. He was going to do a pro day last week and cancelled it last second thats the rumor as to why.

So ESPN just dropped big updates in their mock/best available list after the withdrawals. I'll start with the lottery movement n work my way down.

-Jalen Hood Schifino to #11 !!! I had a feeling he could emerge the top guy out of all those guards seen projected in the early teens, seems to be heading in that direction.

-Derek Lively II #12! This is the real showstopper, I'm not suprised whatosever anyone whos been reading comments of mine on this draft knows I'm a Lively guy n woulda been geeked to see him on the Kings.

-Keyonte George and Kobe Bufkin down to 16 and 18 --- Purely from a Kings fan perspective I dont think this is bad, lets somehow create a situation where a player projected much higher falls to us in the 20's

-Coulibaly, Leonard Miller James Nnaji at 22 23 and 24, I'll be so damn anxious before the kings pick if things play out like that.. Somehow the Nets are gonna take the players I'm hoping for at 21 and 22

-PODZIEMSKI IN THE TOP-30, #27 to be exact! Hate to say I called it, but I called it. Landing him in the 2nd rd was too good to be true.

-Colby Jones back in 1st rd territory at #28, O-Max at #29, Jamie Jacquez sneaking up the board a little bit up to #30, he's overtaken Max Lewis (#31) which I dont agree with.

-Tristan Vukcevic at #35! I'm gonna defer here and say I was wrong and that I trust teams evaluating him higher than Gueye.

-Terquavion Smith down about 10 spots from the early 30's to the early 40's this makes sense to me.

-Mo Gueye definitely jumped a few spots up from the 50's to #46.

-Seth Lundy jumps like 7 spots in a short time over this quick update from the mid 50's to #47

-Bobi Klintman has now jumped from the mid 70's to the late-40's in just a few updates/weeks.

-Hunter Tyson now up to 50! How bout that! Good to see. He's interesting for our late 2nd rd pick I think.

-Nikola Durisic jumps from the 60th spot to #53, we are waiting til June 12th now thats the international withdrawal date to see what he does.

-Toumani Camara up to 54 in draft range! I always had a feeling he was an NBA player looking at him, glad to see hes almost in range, he's bumped up like 30 spots in not that many updates having a great pre-draft process.

-Jaylen Clark is in draft range now, 55! He's in this draft, wish him all the luck recovering from injury. Fun player to watch, tough and athletic.

- Colin Castleton (#58) is a guy I mentioned during the season, he's made quite the rise up the boards in recent months too, good to see for an upperclassman. Lots of people are making it out like the C depth has been erased but this player is damn good far as I'm concerned. I'd consider him with the Kings pick, good passer too.

-Chris Livingston (#56) in draft range for the first time in a long time!

-Miami's Jordan Miller follows up a spectacular tournament run with a strong combine showing and works his way up to #57.

-Zvonimir Ivisic up to right at the draft fringe at 59, followed by 3 other C's in Ousmane N'Daiye, Charles Bediako and Adama Sanogo.

- Mantas Rubstavicius at #63 How bout that?!

-Omari Moore up to #67, honestly I thought he might be a little higher.

-Mojave King sneaking up to #71 he had a strong few weeks it seems.

-Jazian Gortman is up to #81! Is he staying in this draft? I would be very excited to see this player on the Kings, interested to see whats gonna happen with him, he's certainly had a strong few weeks its just a matter of how far it takes him.

New names

-Musa Sagnia (#85) '03-born 6'8 forward from Gambia with LONG arms, he looks good and active n mobile to me.

-Prentiss Hubb is somehow up there, hands down the most bizarre name on the list, I dont get it, he's gotta be quite old by now, not gonna get into this further.

-Justin Powell debuts at #84 and is bizarrely listed at PG.

-Vincent Valero-Bodon. 2001 born from Hungary, appears to be a 6'10 small forward who can shoot, looks interesting.

Last edited:
!!

I've brought it up a few times, and the question remains unanswered. 'How do you debunk this player as clearly being less than a lottery talent?'

I might make plenty of errors in my draft analysis but I do actually catch on to a few things along the way... the footage with this player is very convincing. He'll always be a player I remember actually like De'Aaron, where I didn't know anything about them when I first saw them play n they stood out. At that Fiba tourney last summer, ya know like there wasnt much hype when I first saw Bilal, he was clearly second stringer and Rupert was the main showcase, but the more I watched Coulibaly seemed super legit, like way overqualified.

Last edited:
New Givony mock has us taking Kris Murray at 24, TJD at 38, and Djurisic at 54. Not exactly the most exciting draft night but hard to complain if that’s what ended up happening.
I'd be fine with it. Have a feeling we'll trade 54 but Murray and TJD are both solid picks for those slots.