Bagley.

Yea. Bjelly and Bogi. They know the only way to save their jobs is to make the playoffs or to get back into the playoff push. It’s not surprising. Self interest before the team’s longer term interest.

The Kings are 6 games behind Memphis, who I do think the Kings are better than. For what it’s worth, I think the Kings are better than Dallas as well. Time will tell.
I think Portland will soon have a better record than Memphis.

Wow, just wow. 6 wins out of the last 8 and we get this?

Negative focus on the 20 year old who has hardly played this season.

Amateur medical speculation, knocking his music and shoe deal and just general negative Eeyore type talk.

When Bagley has played he has looked pretty good to me.
It's justified. Staying healthy is a skill. Oden, Penny, Brandon Roy, Bowie...

It's not a stretch to think Bags is the type of player, who won't play unless he's 100%. Read up on his gramps history with the NBA and his comments before the draft.

If you think it's bad here, visit STR. This is the PG 13 version.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Amateur medical speculation, knocking his music and shoe deal and just general negative Eeyore type talk.

It’s justified. You can be both glad 6 of 8 happened, yet also facepalming what’s going on with Bags. The “WHAT IF” is only going to get louder if they keep winning without their prize #2 pick from an otherwise amazing top-heavy draft.

How do fans jeer a prospect out of the league?
Exactly. The premise behind jeering “a prospect out of the league” is outlandish for two reasons: 1) Nobody that is a serviceable professional athlete is going to walk away from millions of dollars if there is a team that will pay them to play; 2) If the person getting the criticism can’t take a bit of heat (justified or otherwise) then they are not going to be able to withstand the pressures of performing in the spotlight anyway. He/she is simply not cut out to deal with the realities of having a job with high visibility that also carries with it certain responsibilities and expectations. Ideally, some criticism should motivate the recipient to prove the detractors wrong. Let me close by saying that I’m certainly not excusing any unwarranted attacks on players, coaches, management, etc. via social media. Nobody deserves threats, racist taunts, or blame for things that are beyond that individual’s control. That type of behavior is unacceptable and could conceivably (and quite understandably) cause the recipient to want a “change of scenery” with another market.

Last edited:

Lol, what? He's been atrocious. Really, really awful when he has played.

And who cares about the wins? That's coming after a couple of extended losing streaks that effectively made this a lost season. This is nothing new; they always start winning more when the season's lost and the FO always buys into those meaningless wins.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

It's always the core group making the comments. Sometimes it's just best to scroll on by.

Lol, what? He's been atrocious. Really, really awful when he has played.
Come on - this is beyond indulgent. He made the all rookie team coming off the bench last year (I.e. a top five rookie). Prior to that he set countless records as a freshman at Duke. There may be areas of his game that need work, and he may not have been the preferred draft choice of the majority of fans, but in describing his play as truly awful you, as well as the brigade of whiners that like each and every negative post about MBIII regardless of how short sighted, sulky, reactionist, or sensationalised the content, are essentially limiting yourselves to the role of caricature.

You're acting like he was part of the 6 out of 8 wins if he was than the criticism would be foolish, but we’re talking about a player whose non existent and we have a terrible record when he plays. Also why are we not allowed to call Bagley out?

Come on - this is beyond indulgent. He made the all rookie team coming off the bench last year (I.e. a top five rookie). Prior to that he set countless records as a freshman at Duke. There may be areas of his game that need work, and he may not have been the preferred draft choice of the majority of fans, but in describing his play as truly awful you, as well as the brigade of whiners that like each and every negative post about MBIII regardless of how short sighted, sulky, reactionist, or sensationalised the content, are essentially limiting yourselves to the role of caricature.
I have pretty consistently supported Bags, but, he’s been objectively bad this year even when healthy. He improved literally zero aspects of his game/physique over the summer. Injuries aside, he’s been extremely disappointing this year. And, right now he’d be considered a bust at #2 irrespective of who was drafted after him. That’s merely the cherry. Team Bagley has a lot of work to do this spring/summer. Right now, he should be stacking upper body muscle—I’d be stunned if he’s actually doing that.

I have pretty consistently supported Bags, but, he’s been objectively bad this year even when healthy. He improved literally zero aspects of his game/physique over the summer. Injuries aside, he’s been extremely disappointing this year. And, right now he’d be considered a bust at #2 irrespective of who was drafted after him. That’s merely the cherry. Team Bagley has a lot of work to do this spring/summer. Right now, he should be stacking upper body muscle—I’d be stunned if he’s actually doing that.
He improved his rap game, but not to Dame's level.

Ok so I decided to Google Bagley real quick to get a medical update and...what!? It now says on realgm "Marvin unsure of return, says 'he will try to come back this year'".

I haven't been around as much lately so I must've missed this injury news. How do we go from day-to-day, to three more weeks, to potentially out for the season? This is so disappointing if true.

Again, for the 20th time, I’ll ask ... what the hell is up with our training staff?? Do people really feel this is normal?

Why do they blatantly lie about injuries or give out misinformation? They’ve been doing this all season. Clearly we miss Pete youngman or Vivek is being cheap and sending everyone to urgent care down at Kaiser

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Again, for the 20th time, I’ll ask ... what the hell is up with our training staff?? Do people really feel this is normal?

Why do they blatantly lie about injuries or give out misinformation? They’ve been doing this all season. Clearly we miss Pete youngman or Vivek is being cheap and sending everyone to urgent care down at Kaiser
Grant Napear; “You’re a moron! There’s nothing wrong with the training staff. Where were you with these complaints last year! MORON!”

The way these updates come out, makes me wonder if Richaun is really coming back on Friday as has been stated, or if he's actually out for the next 3 seasons...

I need Bagley back to pique my interest.
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/kings-richaun-holmes-has-labral-tear-re-evaluated-2-3-weeks

No Bags and No Holmes for maybe the rest of the year = the Len and Tolliver acquisitions were more than just salary filler, they were win-now moves. FO's self interest > Team's longer term interest.

Not sure if this post is serious.
The Kings FO is trying to pierce the needle once again. 5 years and counting...

You think the Kings are going to make the playoffs with Len and Tolliver in place of Bags and Holmes? When they could've done a reset prior to the deadline and acquired assets for the future? They didn't do it, because they know they're gone if the Kings don't make the playoffs. Self-interest > Longer term interest of the Kings.

We get the details after the trade deadline, which explains the radio silence on medical issues. I think it's likely the front office wanted to keep quiet about the extent of our injuries, so as to not seem desparate when going out on the trade market.

I think that the team's medical staff were not really behind the decision to not communicate injury status to the fans.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

You think the Kings are going to make the playoffs with Len and Tolliver in place of Bags and Holmes? When they could've done a reset prior to the deadline and acquired assets for the future? They didn't do it, because they know they're gone if the Kings don't make the playoffs. Self-interest > Longer term interest of the Kings.
Nobody, literally nobody, not me, not you, not Luke, not Vlade, nobody thinks that the Kings are going to be able to squeak into the playoffs if both Bagley and Holmes are out for the year, and less than nobody thinks that grabbing Alex Len and Anthony Tolliver is going to change that one bit. The idea that Vlade went out and made the trades that he did in a desperate win-now bid to make the playoffs and save his job is just silly. There is very clearly no "win-now" and ... Alex Len?!? Anthony Tolliver?!?

Vlade dumped Ariza, who was about three minutes from literally biting Buddy's head off and had a small amount of guaranteed money next year (and the marginal-at-best Wenyen Gabriel and the useless Caleb Swanigan, neither of whom was going to help the Kings in the future) for two future second round picks, a trial run on Kent Bazemore (who actually looks like a nice fit and might be a potential future piece - though obviously at something quite a bit less than the MLE, he'll never sniff a contract like he has again) and, yes, an expiring Tolliver who was a throw in. I don't know what kind of package you hope to get for Ariza, but I'm telling you it doesn't come with a first-round pick attached so it's not like we did a bad job - and to your point, we DID acquire pieces we can use later in the picks and the trial run on Bazemore. This deal is as much a future deal as it is a win-now deal.

Then he got rid of Dedmon and his too-big contract for (potentially, depending on the player option) one cheap year of Jabari Parker, who at the very least can score and is a former #2 pick in the draft, and the expiring throw-in of Alex Len, while also dumping two (very late) second round picks. Again, I'm not sure what else you thought we were going to get. We get a salary dump and a talented player in Parker whose fit we get to try out and who might be around for next year on the relatively cheap. This is a future deal, not a win-now deal.

But hey, when you're a hammer...

Nobody, literally nobody, not me, not you, not Luke, not Vlade, nobody thinks that the Kings are going to be able to squeak into the playoffs if both Bagley and Holmes are out for the year, and less than nobody thinks that grabbing Alex Len and Anthony Tolliver is going to change that one bit. The idea that Vlade went out and made the trades that he did in a desperate win-now bid to make the playoffs and save his job is just silly. There is very clearly no "win-now" and ... Alex Len?!? Anthony Tolliver?!?

Vlade dumped Ariza, who was about three minutes from literally biting Buddy's head off and had a small amount of guaranteed money next year (and the marginal-at-best Wenyen Gabriel and the useless Caleb Swanigan, neither of whom was going to help the Kings in the future) for two future second round picks, a trial run on Kent Bazemore (who actually looks like a nice fit and might be a potential future piece - though obviously at something quite a bit less than the MLE, he'll never sniff a contract like he has again) and, yes, an expiring Tolliver who was a throw in. I don't know what kind of package you hope to get for Ariza, but I'm telling you it doesn't come with a first-round pick attached so it's not like we did a bad job - and to your point, we DID acquire pieces we can use later in the picks and the trial run on Bazemore. This deal is as much a future deal as it is a win-now deal.

Then he got rid of Dedmon and his too-big contract for (potentially, depending on the player option) one cheap year of Jabari Parker, who at the very least can score and is a former #2 pick in the draft, and the expiring throw-in of Alex Len, while also dumping two (very late) second round picks. Again, I'm not sure what else you thought we were going to get. We get a salary dump and a talented player in Parker whose fit we get to try out and who might be around for next year on the relatively cheap. This is a future deal, not a win-now deal.

But hey, when you're a hammer...
Yet he fails to trade Bogi and Bjelly for assets. Combined, both would've brought back two first. Why acquire future assets when you could win now to save your job, right?

Len and Tolliver are not playoff pieces or win now moves. Pretty sure we all know that.