Bagley.

I have been in the let’s draft Bagley circle and at this point in the season I have no problem with him sitting out the rest of the season if he really needs the time to heal.

I can only imagine what he is going through and how he feels with the 3 injuries he has had.

I just hope he knows with all the negative talk out there that with all the hope and anticipation the Kings fans have had not to take it to personally as we as fans are frustrated also.

That is a valid point.
I heard it in several places, but to be truthful, that could be just sources feeding off of each other.

The latest I stumbled into was at SI:
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/12/19/2020-nba-draft-trade-deadline-impact

But how many and specifically which players excite you about this draft class, if I may ask?
I sort of like Wiseman, am not impressed by Ball but he could be good and then I see a whole bunch of so-so guys.

Sorry if this if off-topic.
"Off topic"? How could a discussion about draft prospects in a thread about Bagley be off topic? :rolleyes:

Mod note: discussions on draft prospects have been moved to the 2020 prospects thread.

One week ago (Jan 31st) the team said that MBIII would be reevaluated in three weeks. There are two weeks remaining until reevaluation. The Kings haven't communicated injury information well this season, but at this point in time we cannot say that no one knows what is going on.

Kings fans jeering a prospect off of social media and out of the league while he's injured would certainly be a new one even for us.
Well then Bagley and his dad have to be thanking the lord he didn’t end up anywhere else other than Sacramento. Sacramento treat their players like KINGS. The press is charmin soft. This place is shangrila for players or staff that can’t handle the type of crap they would get in any other city in the NBA, let alone a place like philly or NY. Boston or LA.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well then Bagley and his dad have to be thanking the lord he didn’t end up anywhere else other than Sacramento. Sacramento treat their players like KINGS. The press is charmin soft. This place is shangrila for players or staff that can’t handle the type of crap they would get in any other city in the NBA, let alone a place like philly or NY. Boston or LA.
I'd put Indiana and Utah right there with Sacramento, to be honest.

Bags going silent is a good thing. Get angry, focus, n prove everyone wrong.

That said, JJ Redick mentioned in his podcast that players cared more about their social media branding than actually hooping. Something to that effect. There are examples (rap album, Puma, social media branding) that Bags was one of those players that JJ Redick is alluding to.

Honestly, he should thank his lucky stars that his "camp" isn't getting more heat for helping get a coach fired and leading to the Walton situation.

Looks like he’s not coming back this year. Ouch. The plot only darkens. Really hope he gets right, but at this point the pick looks like the biggest disaster we could have imagined

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
You don't miss most of a season due to a "foot sprain". That he's been out this long and his timetable for return can't even be narrowed down to 1+ months out from now is a real concern. In my experience a larger concern is zero reports of structural damage which often have a clear timetable for recovery.

A foot sprain isn't an injury, it's a generic description and a symptom of an underlying problem. Bagley said the pain is in his heal. Not good. That suggests either a tear to the plantar fascia which is the connective tissue running under the foot to the heal, where pain is often felt or a tear to the peroneus brevus tendon, which connects to the outside/bottom of the heal but is a high risk for avulsion fractures. The treatment for a peroneus brevus tendon tear is often immobilization and a walking boot. An even larger concern is all this soft tissue connects thru the posterior chain and the next part of the chain heading north is the Achilles tendon.

For medical purposes, all sprains are tears. There's different grades.

Foot injuries have high rates or reoccurrence given the amount of force the foot handles thru all movements. Over compensation elsewhere is common and plantar fasciitis often is a result of the fascia over compensating for another issue.

Ill preface this by saying this is just my opinion,
The FO won't say anything about bagleys injury because they know its much worse than anyone is saying and having that out there would confirm once and for all what a complete disaster the 2018 draft turned out for the kings.

Bagley's "potential" is the only thing keeping vlade and vivek in power. If he is really hurt and the bust label sticks the S will really hit the fan. If the kings end up coming out of the 2018 draft with nothing.........OMG.......

Last edited:
The FO won't say anything about bagleys injury because they know its much worse than anyone is saying and having that out there would confirm once and for all what a complete disaster the 2018 draft turned out for the kings.

Bagley's "potential" is the only thing keeping vlade and vivek in power. If he is really hurt and the bust label sticks the S will really hit the fan. If the kings end up coming out of the 2018 draft with nothing.........OMG.......
Makes some sense. As good a theory as any. I mean, it should be clear by now that his injury is more severe than a simple sprain. Even though they’ve been tight lipped about most things, the word a couple weeks ago was that he’d be back soon. But now he’s possibly out the rest of the season? Before the all-star break even hits??

Yeah, color me skeptical about all this.

Then factor in that only 1.5 seasons into it, everyone that follows basketball knows — even those that supported the decision — that they made the wrong choice on draft night. For sure now. They‘re at Defcon 1 in terms of damage control. Which, to them, means don’t comment on anything and cross fingers that everyone forgets about it over time.

All I can say is I hope for Marvins sake and ours that he doesnt lose his athleticism... Cos that's about all he has right now

No wonder they didn't trade Bjelica at the deadline.
Yea. Bjelly and Bogi. They know the only way to save their jobs is to make the playoffs or to get back into the playoff push. It’s not surprising. Self interest before the team’s longer term interest.

The Kings are 6 games behind Memphis, who I do think the Kings are better than. For what it’s worth, I think the Kings are better than Dallas as well. Time will tell.

Last edited:
The Kings are 6 games behind Memphis, who I do think the Kings are better than. For what it’s worth, I think the Kings are better than Dallas as well. Time will tell.
They certainly have the ability to be. Around 25-30 games in, they were doing better than Memphis but then both teams have gone in opposite directions ever since. The KINGS were clearly better than both last season. But Dallas is inarguably playing the best of the three this season, record wise.

Hasn't been around practice or in locker room is a huge red flag. Not specifying injury is another. Hamm said on recent podcast that he will be back after All Star break, but I think that was recorded a few days earlier.

If it's plantar fasciitis, just say it.
If its a bone spur, say it
hair line fracture, say it
etc. etc. etc.

Hasn't been around practice or in locker room is a huge red flag. Not specifying injury is another. Hamm said on recent podcast that he will be back after All Star break, but I think that was recorded a few days earlier.

If it's plantar fasciitis, just say it.
If its a bone spur, say it
hair line fracture, say it
etc. etc. etc.
The lack of dialogue between the team and fans regarding injuries this year has been a massive failure by the organization. I don't understand why they wouldn't give a realistic timetable for a return. If he's out the year, so be it. It sucks but it is what it is. Saying he'll be re-evaluated every few days, weeks, or whatever only leads to more commotion and unrest within the fanbase.

The lack of dialogue between the team and fans regarding injuries this year has been a massive failure by the organization. I don't understand why they wouldn't give a realistic timetable for a return. If he's out the year, so be it. It sucks but it is what it is. Saying he'll be re-evaluated every few days, weeks, or whatever only leads to more commotion and unrest within the fanbase.
Two plausible explanations. Incompetence from the training staff. Or it’s hard to give a timetable for an issue that is between the ears (Markelle Fultz 2.0). There could be others, of course, but, for now, the above two are just as plausible as others.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Where Kings rank (out of 390 players)...<br><br>54-Nemanja Bjelica<br>60-Richaun Holmes<br>91-De&#39;Aaron Fox<br>123-Buddy Hield<br>148-Harrison Barnes<br>152-Bogdan Bogdanovic<br>169-J. Parker<br>182-A. Len<br>213-K. Bazemore<br>216-C. Joseph<br>249-Y. Ferrell<br>275-J. James<br>302-H. Giles<br>340-M. Bagley<br>380-A. Tolliver <a href="https://t.co/v0HYqItZTB">https://t.co/v0HYqItZTB</a></p>&mdash; Andy Bailey (@AndrewDBailey) <a href=" ">February 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh boy. If you don't like that...