Bagley season progress

Even more important than hitting 9/10 foul shots, is getting to the line that many times. He already puts a lot of pressure on the defense as a rook. He gets to the line a lot. So does Fox. We are in the bonus first in a lot of games.
One thing I thought that would help us with Draftibg Bags is that we would get more foul shots. The best teams always seem to get a better share of shots from the free throw line. He seems like that is going to be a gift that keeps on giving. Merry X-mas from Saint Bagley.

I am going to quote Joerger from the Media Day interview:

"..playing hard is a commodity and a skill. he plays hard he goes hard, he soaks things up very well, he gets on the floor because he plays really really hard, he does things right the first correction...and then now what?.. .. and then you can expand your game and I know I can get to my left hand..so I know there is something I can go to, good around the basket, needs to learn a lot defensively..."

One thing I thought that would help us with Draftibg Bags is that we would get more foul shots. The best teams always seem to get a better share of shots from the free throw line. He seems like that is going to be a gift that keeps on giving. Merry X-mas from Saint Bagley.
Bagley has been legitimately amazing at getting to the free throw line this season with his FTr at .450 (free throw rate).

For some comparison, here's a list of 6 of the 10 best players in the NBA and are absolutely dominant offensive scorers:

Joel Embiid- .550
Giannis- .509
James Harden- .461
Anthony Davis- .433
LeBron James- .382
Kevin Durant- .377

De'Aaron Fox- .427

Unless you're Steph Curry, being able to get to the free throw line is an absolute necessity for a player to truly be a special offensive player. What's crazy with Bagley too is he's doing this with pretty tame usage and minutes compared to all the studs I listed above. He was special at drawing fouls in college and it looks like so far that skill has translated in a big way to the NBA. It bodes so well for his offensive future if it continues.

Bagley will be 18/19 and 11 next year. 24/25 12 year 3.
Called nearly this exact thing a week ago and was nearly run off the board. Now when I read you posting this, seems almost like a foregone conclusion. That Twolves game opened a lot of people's eyes. Fox won't be our top scorer. Bagley will. Then Buddy, Then Fox.

I'll refine my predictions a bit:
Year after next:
Bagley 24/12
Buddy 20/6
Fox 19/8
Bogi - 18/6
Giles 16/9

dude12

Hall of Famer
Bagley is putting up some fairly big numbers in his minutes and he has very few plays run for him, doesn’t have a refined offensive game yet and is just a pup. And he’s going to be pretty damn good on defense in time. I’m giving Vlade and the organization lots of credit on taking him over the other rookies worthy of being picked there at 2. That kid is special.

Bagley has been playing very well in his limited minutes.

I think once he develops his 3 point shot, he will get his opportunity in the starting lineup. Coach Joeger is probably making him earn it in practice and he wants him to prove that he can help spread the floor. Once he can hit the 3 pointer more confidently and in more volume, I think Joeger will put him in the starting line up.

Another great thing about getting to the foul line is it gives the team a chance to catch their breath. When nearly every play is a break, you need a chance to breathe.

Bagley has been playing very well in his limited minutes.

I think once he develops his 3 point shot, he will get his opportunity in the starting lineup. Coach Joeger is probably making him earn it in practice and he wants him to prove that he can help spread the floor. Once he can hit the 3 pointer more confidently and in more volume, I think Joeger will put him in the starting line up.
We legitimately have a ready made bench who can go with anyones second unit should Bagley move to the starting line up.

Bogdan
Yogi
Jackson (Shump)
BJelly
Kosta

Should we acquire a starting calibre SF then replace Jackson with Shump