Bagley needs to start or Joerger gone?

Entity

Hall of Famer
All this being said bejelica has feel way off from his first few games. I wouldn’t mind a change there at this point. His defense is horrid and now offense not picking up that slack. So starting shouldn’t be viable

SLAB

Hall of Famer
All this being said bejelica has feel way off from his first few games. I wouldn’t mind a change there at this point. His defense is horrid and now offense not picking up that slack. So starting shouldn’t be viable
Yeah. Bad Bjelica is not just bad, he’s freakin’ terrible.

btw, our drama completely ignored by ESPN's NBA home page. like the team does not even exist (is that worse than what yahoo did?). Lebron's HS car up for auction though...

btw, our drama completely ignored by ESPN's NBA home page. like the team does not even exist (is that worse than what yahoo did?). Lebron's HS car up for auction though...
Perhaps important perspective.

What is known: J is current coach if the Kings and the front office has issued a statement in his support (not news). LeBron is also selling his car (possibly news by nature of being a new story).

What is likely: Some players want more minutes (no doubt a universal fact for all teams).

What is speculation: everything else about the Kings. ESPN secretly resents LeBron.

What is the long game with Bagley center? Does he have the wingspan (7 feet 1?) and size to cover the position long term? And for as much as fit is cited as a reason for the pick, does he fit in the half court with De’aaron? He seems more a ISO post player than pnr type

How do know that definitively? Vlade says they are fine. Have I missed something from Joerger?
If you watch Joerger's interview you can tell something is going on. The thing is, internal struggles happen all the time in the work place. This could be no big deal. And it shouldn't be. Joerger has had past head scratching moments but I don't believe his current setup is one of them.

Last edited:
Perhaps important perspective.

What is known: J is current coach if the Kings and the front office has issued a statement in his support (not news). LeBron is also selling his car (possibly news by nature of being a new story).

What is likely: Some players want more minutes (no doubt a universal fact for all teams).

What is speculation: everything else about the Kings. ESPN secretly resents LeBron.
we need an anonymous source inside ESPN to get to the bottom of this.

wow, too much good stuff on this board?
Is there anything else beside Yahoo article about this being a serious issue before getting pants on fire and going to what if games...
I heard meteor is coming in a few days, yeah probably not true... but let's assume it is so we can analyze it for over 5 pages. Good job Yahoo, mission accomplished.

Hearing, from who --- yahoo? LOL.

Seriously, if your gonna say your 'hearing' something, give us an idea from where. Otherwise, you're doing the same thing yahoo is doing ... just citing 'sources'. Anybody can do that.
If you don’t want to know you are free to put me on ignore. It’s not my job to tell you from whom I have heard things. I only posted because I thought people were unfairly blaming Bagley’s dad.

I'd like to believe Vivek is smart enough not to repeat the absolute PR nightmare that was the Michael Malone situation after the team is playing its best basketball in a decade. At the end of the day, he wants to make money and this would be taking the opposite approach to that goal. Feel like a good portion of Kings fans who have hung on through 12 years of losing would finally hit their breaking point and stop following this team if we get rid of Joerger.

We'd be the absolute laughing stock of the NBA even moreso than we've ever been. "Oh look, there goes the #KANGZ, firing their only winning coach." What's sad is a lot of people were starting to take notice of us as a young and upcoming team that plays exciting basketball. That narrative was 100% changing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you don’t want to know you are free to put me on ignore. It’s not my job to tell you from whom I have heard things. I only posted because I thought people were unfairly blaming Bagley’s dad.
I have to agree with KingsFanSince85 on this.

We all are just random names on a sports message board. It's not about it being your job to tell us your source. It's about you expecting us to believe you when we don't know you, we don't know your source and we are trying to get real confirmed information.

You may hear things because you're related to people in positions within other organizations but that doesn't mean their information is or isn't true. It's unsubstantiated.

People are unfairly blaming everybody right now. Carmichael Dave, whom I have known for nearly 20 years, has been extremely forthright in saying this story is not true and both Vlade and Vivek intend to get to the bottom of it. I'd take that to the bank. Dave has been openly critical of both Vlade and Vivek in the past over stuff like this so I tend to believe he would continue in that vein.

I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes even if you know something you might as well not post it because people will challenge it and you won't be able to defend it with anything other than the comment you made above, which does nothing to clarify the issue. We have a long history of people who have said they have insider knowledge and it never seems to work out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd like to believe Vivek is smart enough not to repeat the absolute PR nightmare that was the Michael Malone situation after the team is playing its best basketball in a decade. At the end of the day, he wants to make money and this would be taking the opposite approach to that goal. Feel like a good portion of Kings fans who have hung on through 12 years of losing would finally hit their breaking point and stop following this team if we get rid of Joerger.

We'd be the absolute laughing stock of the NBA even moreso than we've ever been. "Oh look, there goes the #KANGZ, firing their only winning coach." What's sad is a lot of people were starting to take notice of us as a young and upcoming team that plays exciting basketball. That narrative was 100% changing.
If we survive the November schedule with a decent showing, that narrative will continue. I don't personally believe one story on Yahoo will change that, especially considering how quickly it's being debunked. Whoever did this needs to be fired - and I suspect they will be sooner rather than later.

If true, eagerly waiting for an FO member to get axed. Leaking this to Haynes is a fireable offense—whether he or she is right. Does nothing but deteriorate the foundation.

If there is fake news this is it.

Complete speculation with a unnamed "source"

Someone sees that Bagley is not starting after a few bad games from Bjelica and puts a storyline together.

Is everyone about to be fired in Orlando too because bamba is coming off the bench?

News flash Bagley isn't very good yet. To get better will take YEARS. He has the potential to catch and pass some of the other rookies, but right now and for this year he just flat doesn't have the skills or the developed body

His defense is far from horrid he got schooled by JJJ who prior to that schooled Giannis on a similar number of plays he got Bjelica by going through/around and over him, his defense has been fine for most the season and he's come up with more clutch blocks/steals/deflections than anyone else on the team. Most the hate towards Bjelly stems from the fact he's looked at as taking minutes away from Bagley who has not shown out partly due to Bjelly good play so far to be as good as the guys drafted around him. Overall Bjelly has been a huge positive and the Kings would not be close to 8-8 without him and would be closer to like 2-14/3-13.

Will be interesting to see if the Kings start Bagley against the ultra athletic Jeremi Grant against OKC it's a pretty good match up for him.

Last edited:
Most the hate towards Bjelly stems from the fact he's looked at as taking minutes away from Bagley who has not shown out partly due to Bjelly good play so far to be as good as the guys drafted around him.
Nah. Bjelly simply hasn't been playing well. There is no hate. He is being targeted by other teams, and it's obvious. The only way he can offset that is to hit his open shots. That hasn't been happening, so Bjelly's play is sticking out like a sore thumb.

Nah. Bjelly simply hasn't been playing well. There is no hate. He is being targeted by other teams, and it's obvious. The only way he can offset that is to hit his open shots. That hasn't been happening, so Bjelly's play is sticking out like a sore thumb.
Nah not really he can offset also through playmaking as well if he actually got the ball more often, using him as a spot up shooter is exactly why it never worked with the Twolves.

And so the kings begin to play decent basketball, yet still can't escape the disfunctional stereotype. Fire the coach! We have exceeded expectations early on in the year. Facts would suggest it would be VERY unwise to fire the coach. However we've seen this before with Malone. For the record: Don't fire the coach.

His defense is far from horrid he got schooled by JJJ who prior to that schooled Giannis on a similar number of plays he got Bjelica by going through/around and over him, his defense has been fine for most the season and he's come up with more clutch blocks/steals/deflections than anyone else on the team. Most the hate towards Bjelly stems from the fact he's looked at as taking minutes away from Bagley who has not shown out partly due to Bjelly good play so far to be as good as the guys drafted around him. Overall Bjelly has been a huge positive and the Kings would not be close to 8-8 without him and would be closer to like 2-14/3-13.

Will be interesting to see if the Kings start Bagley against the ultra athletic Jeremi Grant against OKC it's a pretty good match up for him.
I haven't watched the last two games, so I didn't comment Bjelica. What I saw in highlites is that each time JJJ or Harden scored on him, Bjelica did have good position, he challenged the shot, but the shot went in. It is possible that he was horrible in plays I haven't watched. On the other hand, I saw in highlights WCS repeteadly not having hands up and challenging the shooter and also not going for rebounds.

What's with the over-reactionary 'ignore' comment? I simply asked a question and made an observation.

You volunteered 'hearing' information. It wasn't your 'job' to do that either, but you did. Did really expect someone not to follow up and ask where you're getting the info from which your statement is based?

Is it based upon hearsay articles such as Yahoo's piece or are you tacitly implying that you have some sort of direct contact to the FO that rest of us do not? It's an easy question to answer.

Last edited: