Bagley’s worth now

They dont set the amount. It's $14.8 million
Right. Conceivably you could offer him 3 years at 7-10M a year with a 4th year team option. That guarantees him more money than playing for the qualifying option and signing for the league minimum else where. But yes he might well sign the qualifying offer and play 1 year at 14.8.

the problem with a trade is no one else wants to pay him 14.8 either.

We're a year away from Bagley's free agency. His career has a lot of different possible trajectories in that year, so it's completely premature to try to guess what his market value will be a year from now.
yes and no. People aren’t going to ignore the previous 3 seasons. But yes how he plays next year will matter.

Right. Conceivably you could offer him 3 years at 7-10M a year with a 4th year team option. That guarantees him more money than playing for the qualifying option and signing for the league minimum else where. But yes he might well sign the qualifying offer and play 1 year at 14.8.

the problem with a trade is no one else wants to pay him 14.8 either.
I wouldn’t mind a 3 year $7-8 million per year extension. Gives him stability and is a chance to lock him into a low-medium contract in case he does reach his potential. I’d show him this list to show him the salary range we see him at.
CB3737A1-F7F4-4853-92BF-644353D6C20E.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind a 3 year $7-8 million per year extension. Gives him stability and is a chance to lock him into a low-medium contract in case he does reach his potential. I’d show him this list to show him the salary range we see him at.
View attachment 10550
I see you have Jaren Jackson Jr. on there, which is probably an interesting benchmark. Because he was picked 2 picks later, his salary is 1.5-2 mil annually less, but they've both missed a similar amount of time and JJJ has been more consistent when he does play. I would expect that they ultimately get similar deals for their second contracts.

Markkanen and Isaac were drafted the year ahead and I believe both enter restricted FA so would also be good benchmarks. Both are on rookie deals but were picked 6 and 7 which is why their numbers are lower.