Aparrently, Toney Douglas is better than Jimmer

Can't believe the debate about Jimmer won't die. If an NBA player is going to be severely deficient in one part of his game, he better be great in another part. Jimmer is not great in anything he does, and never will be. Giving him more time on the floor won't fix it. He is too slow to play D, too short to play shooting guard and too much of a liability on both ends to be a point guard. He doesn't get playing time because of his liabilities. Who he is paired with is not the issue. Jimmer HAS to play with the second team, because the other teams 1st unit eats him alive.

I know folks say that if they just "play him the right way" it will fix the problems. First, he is not good enough for the team to change its philosophy just to allow him to play his game. Second, what is his game in the NBA? Sitting at the 3 point line hoping to get the ball because he's a good shooter seems to be what people are suggesting. If that is the case, then there are a bunch of 40 year old guys in your local gym who could be NBA players too, because all they do is sit out there and hit threes.

Of the Kings players that get playing time, they all do some things very well. Regardless if they have a complete game or not. I can't think of one thing that Jimmer does consistantly well at this time.

Can't believe the debate about Jimmer won't die. If an NBA player is going to be severely deficient in one part of his game, he better be great in another part. Jimmer is not great in anything he does, and never will be. Giving him more time on the floor won't fix it. He is too slow to play D, too short to play shooting guard and too much of a liability on both ends to be a point guard. He doesn't get playing time because of his liabilities. Who he is paired with is not the issue. Jimmer HAS to play with the second team, because the other teams 1st unit eats him alive.

I know folks say that if they just "play him the right way" it will fix the problems. First, he is not good enough for the team to change its philosophy just to allow him to play his game. Second, what is his game in the NBA? Sitting at the 3 point line hoping to get the ball because he's a good shooter seems to be what people are suggesting. If that is the case, then there are a bunch of 40 year old guys in your local gym who could be NBA players too, because all they do is sit out there and hit threes.

Of the Kings players that get playing time, they all do some things very well. Regardless if they have a complete game or not. I can't think of one thing that Jimmer does consistantly well at this time.
Someone likes to exaggerate.

"change it's philosophy"

What philosophy?

And even if there was one, what harm is there in running someone round the world twice a night? You know instead of having him either bringing the ball up and/or trying to create for himself in the half court. Two things which he's shown he can't do/struggles with.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Whats with the whole "We coulda had Kawhi Leonard" stuff? People have been saying this for the last two seasons now. Who cares? We misssed out on Vucevic, Faried, Shumpert and Parsons in that draft too. That whole draft was horrible other than those guys, Kyrie and maybe Tristan Thompson. Based on stats alone, Isaiah Thomas is worth a top 10 pick in that draft.

We could go back to every draft with the whole woulda, shoulda, coulda thing. There's a reason why we suck and part of it is Geoff Petrie.

Lets go back 10 years, who are our actual good draft picks? Cousins, Martin and maybe Tyreke. Other than Thompson we've gotten basically nothing out of the last 10 years of draft picks.
Well in 2002/03, we had the last pick in the first round, and 2003/04, we had no 1st round pick. And other than those you mentioned, we did draft Garcia and Hawes. Neither are stars, but both filled a role. Remember for a period of time, because of the team being so good, we were drafting in the 20's. Garcia, Martin, and Douby were all late first round picks. Of course right before the cutoff date you mentioned, we drafted Gerald Wallace, Hedo, and Jason Williams, who of course turned into Mike Bibby. Whatever, its all subjective anyway.

"change it's philosophy"

What philosophy?

And even if there was one, what harm is there in running someone round the world twice a night? You know instead of having him either bringing the ball up and/or trying to create for himself in the half court. Two things which he's shown he can't do/struggles with.
Ok. Put Jimmer out there and he has no ball handling responsibility, even if he's a guard. Not responsible for creating his own shot when given the ball, even though he's now essentially the shooting guard. And either way, he's being guarded by either a faster PG, or a bigger, stronger SG. Now what do you do with him? Maybe philosophy is too strong of a word. Tailor the offense to him, because Jimmer can't get his within the flow of the regular offense. Run him off a bunch of screens until he hopefully outruns his defender and gets open? If I'm going to tailor my offense to one guy on the team, it's going to be the one with the most talent, and that aint Jimmer.

The Kings give up the most points in the NBA per game. That is a glaring stat that has to change if they are going to make .500 much less the play-offs some day.

I like Jimmer, and he can shoot, but his defense is terrible and has not improved much. He is too slow afoot compared to the people he plays against. He gets left in the dust all the time. On offense he likes the ball in his hands and dribbles into double teams a lot. Douglas has great quickness by comparison. He is the closest thing the Kings have to a lock-dwon defender. His offense is adequate and can be improved. No comparison really. Go with Douglas.

The Kings give up the most points in the NBA per game. That is a glaring stat that has to change if they are going to make .500 much less the play-offs some day.

I like Jimmer, and he can shoot, but his defense is terrible and has not improved much. He is too slow afoot compared to the people he plays against. He gets left in the dust all the time. On offense he likes the ball in his hands and dribbles into double teams a lot. Douglas has great quickness by comparison. He is the closest thing the Kings have to a lock-dwon defender. His offense is adequate and can be improved. No comparison really. Go with Douglas.
He is a better defender than IT.

He is a better defender than IT.

Only a Jimmer fan could believe that, which, by your own admission, you are. And I'm acknowledging that IT isn't a good defender. But Jimmer's defense is putrid. I'm not biased, either, before you try to claim I am. I have nothing at all against Jimmer, he's just very limited.

IT is a terrible defender. He is just way too small to defend and doesn't really try that hard either. I have watched almost every single game this year and I can tell you that the other team lights IT up every single night. Jimmer isn't a great defender but he is usually where he is suppose to be.

IT is a terrible defender. He is just way too small to defend and doesn't really try that hard either. I have watched almost every single game this year and I can tell you that the other team lights IT up every single night. Jimmer isn't a great defender but he is usually where he is suppose to be.
i agree, IT always gets burned, and he's not a very good defender. but Jimmer is far worse. and imagine if Jimmer was going up against the other teams starting PG like IT has to for the whole time..................

Ok. Put Jimmer out there and he has no ball handling responsibility, even if he's a guard. Not responsible for creating his own shot when given the ball, even though he's now essentially the shooting guard. And either way, he's being guarded by either a faster PG, or a bigger, stronger SG. Now what do you do with him? Maybe philosophy is too strong of a word. Tailor the offense to him, because Jimmer can't get his within the flow of the regular offense. Run him off a bunch of screens until he hopefully outruns his defender and gets open? If I'm going to tailor my offense to one guy on the team, it's going to be the one with the most talent, and that aint Jimmer.
I don't think i said tailor the whole offense around him, i simply said it'd be nice to see if he was capable of running round the world a couple of times a night to utilise his main skill, his shooting.

IT has had some very solid nights defensively against some of the very top guards, Rondo, Irving, Parker.

to say he 'always gets burned' is nonsense.

but no, he'll never be a lock down defender thats for sure.

IT has had some very solid nights defensively against some of the very top guards, Rondo, Irving, Parker.

to say he 'always gets burned' is nonsense.

but no, he'll never be a lock down defender thats for sure.
Maybe not burned in terms of scoring, but very often his lack of defense forces our defense to rotate out of position. He's certainly had a handful of games where he's played well defensively, but I still think "always" is suitable in this context.

Maybe not burned in terms of scoring, but very often his lack of defense forces our defense to rotate out of position. He's certainly had a handful of games where he's played well defensively, but I still think "always" is suitable in this context.
He got torched by steve blake. I thought he was a defensive player. He hasn't looked any better than fredette. Smart's in love with him though. That's obvious. They'll both be gone soon.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He got torched by steve blake. I thought he was a defensive player. He hasn't looked any better than fredette. Smart's in love with him though. That's obvious. They'll both be gone soon.
No he didn't. Check out the game and you'll see blake scoring on Tyreke and Douglas also.