Anthony Davis for #2 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of passed my mind wondering why the Kings didn't have a lot of prospect working out here.
Well dang, they could be trading #2 for a veteran star player. And it could be Anthony Davis!

Why New Orleans? They are #6 as most expensive team but they are in a small market.
Except for Holiday and Davis, they don't have anyone else committed to next season. Rondo is gone, Cousins is gone, they don't have legit promising youth. And like Sacramento, no one would probably go to a small market like New Orleans.

So this is like a pact among small market teams, started when Divac sent them Cousins to make them legit. Now this time, they send Davis to Sacramento and they go full rebuild starting with #2 pick, one of the kids, plus an expiring. But Kings take bulk of the salary with Davis.

Or maybe I'm high! o_O

Davis is coming off a season in which he carried the Pelicans up the rankings after Cousins went down. They looked no worse without Cousins. He's also got three seasons left on his current deal. No way do the Pelicans sell him for one second overall pick. This class is good, but not great.

Also Cousins might end up staying in New Orleans and so might Rondo. They'll want to tweak their roster and build around a superstar player in Davis, not sell him.

Not every franchise is adventurous enough to trade a future HOF caliber player at his prime for the luxury of betting on unknown commodity in the form of a high draft pick. Most NBA franchises know it actually works the other way around.

And should the Pelicans be one of those who accidentally do wish to bet, they should call the Suns, who will be delighted - I suspect - to give them the number 1 pick.

It would have to be 2nd+Fox+Hield

AD is worth it, but makes no sense to trade for him. He's not even able to attract FAs to New Orleans. No way does that change here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kind of passed my mind wondering why the Kings didn't have a lot of prospect working out here.
Well dang, they could be trading #2 for a veteran star player. And it could be Anthony Davis!...

Or maybe I'm high! o_O
I was going to look up a clever gif, but decided it was a waste of time.

This is without a doubt one of the dumbest trade posts I have ever seen...ever. I'm closing the thread because .... seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.