and Bo Outlaw pops up on the radar screen...

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
The Chicago Sun Times says:
"The Bulls would like to sign free agent Bo Outlaw, who played for Skiles in Phoenix, but operations chief John Paxson expects Outlaw to sign with a better team." Well the Kings are a better team in need of an enforcer and defender to clean up the middle who also brings a wee bit of scoring. Bo is that. And I think he is a good guy

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Andriod_KiNg said:
Hes not afraid to rough up fools that come in his path, i like his style of play, he would be a great pickup.
When your name is Outlaw what choice do you have? If he was not tough he would be cell block punk of the NBA.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The thing about us as a "better team" in all of these deals is always just that we probably already have big men #1-#4 set. So Bo (or whoever) has to be cool coming on in as a 5th big who might get spotted on up according to matchups. Love to have him, but if there's a team that could guarantee him a rotation spot might be tough to compete against.

CruzDude

Bo is a known quantity every night. Problem is who or what else is out there that could help? Alonzo is a long shot, our old Yogi is on the Celtics IR, Bo is available, so is Gary Trent (but isn't he kind of a Tony Massenberg type?) and maybe even Nene. Then who? :confused:

Last edited:
Outlaw is signing with Phoenix. I think we are stuck with the team that we have and because of our lack of athleticism up front we will continue to be outrebounded and outhustled in the front line.

CruzDude

Ryle said:
........I think we are stuck with the team that we have and because of our lack of athleticism up front we will continue to be outrebounded and outhustled in the front line.
Maybe Barnes can begin to step up along with Alexander (when he gets of the IR) to give us some help. But it is really Miller, CWebb and OTag we need to step up big time to clear out the middle. but none of them can jump tho' OTag can block shots and alter others a bit. Arrrggghh....

CruzDude said:
Maybe Barnes can begin to step up along with Alexander (when he gets of the IR) to give us some help. But it is really Miller, CWebb and OTag we need to step up big time to clear out the middle. but none of them can jump tho' OTag can block shots and alter others a bit. Arrrggghh....
How many times does someone jump OVER Brad to get a rebound because his feet are glued to the floor. This team has addressed some of our lack of athleticism in the back court and at the 3 but I get nervous when we play teams who are really athletic up front(Phoenix/Portland come to mind) and they kill us on the boards.