Amick: Tyronn Lue to be bought out

Revrag

Father, Husband, KingsFan
Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
DALLAS - According to the agent for Kings point guard Tyronn Lue, he will be bought today. Lue, who was part of the Feb. 16 trade that sent Mike Bibby to Atlanta, will leave the Kings with the expectation and...

More...

Revrag

Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
SacBee: Kings to sever ties with Lue, agent says

DALLAS - The Kings will buy out the contract of Tyrone Lue on Friday, according to the agent for the recently acquired point guard.

More...

This is a little upsetting. I'm not sure why they didn't trade him for a pick when they had a chance? Oh well, it's just as well he will always be a Laker in my mind. Glad he logged a grand total of 0 minutes here!

Revrag

Staff member
Administrator
Contributor

DALLAS - The Kings will buy out the contract of Tyrone Lue today, according to the agent for the recently acquired point guard.

More...

I doubt Douby gets anymore playing time. It's not like he was getting any when Lue was on the IR. He wasn't going to be used, we're paying him 3.5 million to sit on the bench. Buying him out just gives him a chance to go play somewhere else instead of rot here in Sacramento. Him wearing number 10 is blasphemy!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Good move by the Kings. Frees up a roster spot again and gives more playing time for Quincy Douby.

Thing is that its highly unlikely we will use that roster spot just for the final 25 games, and Quincy obviously hasn't been getting any minutes wihtout Lue around, so should make no difference there.

All it really does is mean that we (meaning the Maloofs) saved some money. He was owed $3.5mil this year, so we probably took whatever prorated portion of that we were going to owe him (likely $1,5mil or so), subtracted a couple hundred thousand dollars, and said here is the price of your freedom. Go have fun on a contending team.

Nothing the matter with that move --he's an ending contract so having him on the roster wasn't goign to do anything for us. But its purely a financial gain for us. I'm pretty sure that basketballwise portends nothing.

Last edited:

Revrag

Staff member
Administrator
Contributor

DALLAS - The Kings will buy out the contract of Tyronn Lue on Friday, according to the agent for the recently acquired point guard.

More...