All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Sounding like Gausman is NY bound… and I’m perfectly okay with it. Paying him like an ace would be close to a Samardzija level mistake.

yeah sheesh. Gausman has probably been a top 10-15 pitcher the last few years with us, but you're paying for his age 30-35 seasons after 1200 innings on his arm and really only the last few years of him being a front-line starter. If there's one thing the Giants have proven, they can scout and rebuild pitching talent.

Awesome pitcher, was really fun watching him the last few years, but okay letting him walk for this tag.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
^^^^ for sure. Guy’s the ultimate one pitch man with his split, when it’s off… he’s off. And as teams continue to scout and adjust I see his numbers declining. The fact he was never very good until he learned the pitch, and declining numbers across the two seasons as teams got a better read… it’s all I needed to know. He’s gonna Samardzija-lite at 100mil.

I love what he brought to the team, I’ll root for him elsewhere, I’m also glad the Giants didn’t go that far.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I can’t believe Seager got nearly as much as Bryce Harper. Makes me slightly salty the Giants didn’t close that deal, as his will look better and better the way teams spend money. I always said, what’s an extra 15 mil when you’re spending 340 already, not like the Giants are hurting for cash.

I can’t believe Seager got nearly as much as Bryce Harper. Makes me slightly salty the Giants didn’t close that deal, as his will look better and better the way teams spend money. I always said, what’s an extra 15 mil when you’re spending 340 already, not like the Giants are hurting for cash.
Rather the Giants save that money for Ohtani in 2024. Ohtani would only be 29 years old then. Also wouldn't mind them going after Seiya Suzuki.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Rather the Giants save that money for Ohtani in 2024. Ohtani would only be 29 years old then. Also wouldn't mind them going after Seiya Suzuki.
Suzuki’s been my ideal target this offseason. If the Giants get Ohtani into 2024 only THEN will I forget about them being slightly too cheap for Harper. Lol

Suzuki’s been my ideal target this offseason. If the Giants get Ohtani into 2024 only THEN will I forget about them being slightly too cheap for Harper. Lol
The one thing that we don't have to worry about with the Giants is them being cheap. They're not the A's. Just need to be the right player(s).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The one thing that we don't have to worry about with the Giants is them being cheap. They're not the A's. Just need to be the right player(s).
Haha, yeah “cheap” in my post being in the ultimate quotation marks, as 310 million was no issue and on the table, but 330? That’s just too much. When you’re going that all-out, gotta go for it. Harper at the same money Seager got is almost a steal.

That’s somewhat underwhelming. But you need 5 starters, so I guess sure.
It's like Farhan collects these guys, he's absolutely what the look for in reclamation projects, but this time we get a little teaser what he could be with a solid year with the Angels.

Was really good for the Rays for a lot of years, suffered through some injuries/being bad with Baltimore and rebounded his career last year showing some more improved strikeout stuff. not a huge sample with only 94 innings last season, but if those numbers can hold, he's a good 4-5 rotation guy

Status
Not open for further replies.