All-inclusive DMC non-game discussion thread

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I wonder if they brought him back early to showcase him so that they can get more value if they trade him. Having him suspended for an extended time would just diminish is trade value. Also, is it possible the player's union might have gotten involved? I'm assuming that as long as they continue to pay him they can tell suspend him however long they want?
Players are not paid if they are on suspension.

It's being said on twitter that the celtics, nets and spurs have enquired about him.

Just the rumours don't shoot the messenger.
Those rumors make sense. Both the Celtics and the Spurs would be perfect situations for Cousins. The only other viable spot would be up in Minny with Adelman.

Now is this good or bad? I suspect his new agent intervened and I DO support Boogie's switch of agents as he needs expert and powerful advice and he needs protection just as the team needs protection from him.
I think if they went more than 1 or 2 games then the players union would get involved. I don't think the Kings management wants to get into it the the union too.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
People like me? What the hell is that supposed to mean? You mean, because I disagree with you on something? What is this, North Korea? If you go through my posts, you'll see I'm just as big of a fan of the team as anybody. Am I supposed to be positive about everything Kings related even if it's not positive?
You tend to see things in a negative way which I might admit, is what a lot of people do. It's the easiest route to take. I also think you get a kick out of disagreeing with most posters and even most experts around the league. I don't know how you do it but it happens. To ignore ALL opinions, even NBA experts, means to me you have an agenda that has nothing to do with basketball.

Take a cue from bajaden who is thoughtful and covers the negatives and positives about just about any subject. He does that because there are positives and negatives about almost every topic. I try to but am a bit burned out. You tend to come off in full blast in one direction. They seem to be knee jerk reactions. Let some things go. You have accused me, and yes I call it an accusation, of supporting Boogie almost no matter what. You have disrupted game threads to attack me. You aren't discussing basketball but who is right and who is wrong. I am wrong often and admit it. Are you ever wrong? Now I might be wrong about you, of course, and we have even had respectful interchanges. I think you are intelligent. When it comes to Boogie, you come on in only one direction. If you find the time, read the long note and see what you disagree with. What I wrote are opinions so I'm not sure how I can be wrong but I suspect you will find a way.

I'll discuss it in PM's if you wish.

Last edited:
An interesting tid bit from Cowbell Kingdom.

When the practice court was opened to media today, Cousins was seen working individually with Kings assistant Clifford Ray and a player development coach. The Kings big man spent approximately 20 to 30 minutes with Ray after press was allowed in the gym. However at one point, tempers flared noticeably between the two, as Cousins and Ray paused the workout for a brief, but heated exchange
http://www.cowbellkingdom.com/2012/...gs-reinstate-demarcus-cousins-after-one-game/

Wow, I'm sure that lengthy suspension really sent him a message...
Fegan: "Terminate this suspension or I'll use my power to make sure you'll never get another free agent - EVER"

Kings: "That's OK, we don't plan to anyway"

Fegan: "Ummm... err.... I'll also sue you! And we'll take it to the Player's Union! It'll cost you money!"

Kings announce the end of Cousins' suspension...

L

LWP777

You tend to see things in a negative way which I might admit, is what a lot of people do. It's the easiest route to take. I also think you get a kick out of disagreeing with most posters and even most experts around the league. I don't know how you do it but it happens. To ignore ALL opinions, even NBA experts, means to me you have an agenda that has nothing to do with basketball.

Take a cue from bajaden who is thoughtful and covers the negatives and positives about just about any subject. He does that because there are positives and negatives about almost every topic. I try to but am a bit burned out. You tend to come off in full blast in one direction. They seem to be knee jerk reactions. Let some things go. You have accused me, and yes I call it an accusation, of supporting Boogie almost no matter what. You have disrupted game threads to attack me. You aren't discussing basketball but who is right and who is wrong. I am wrong often and admit it. Are you ever wrong? Now I might be wrong about you, of course, and we have even had respectful interchanges. I think you are intelligent. When it comes to Boogie, you come on in only one direction. If you find the time, read the long note and see what you disagree with. What I wrote are opinions so I'm not sure how I can be wrong but I suspect you will find a way.

I'll discuss it in PM's if you wish.
This is fair. I do enjoy a good debate so I know I can come across as pretty strong at times. I tend to hold people accountable for their actions and I know that can come as pretty extreme these days but I guess I'm just old fashioned. It just seems nobody is responsible for anything anymore. Obviously, I'm not an insider and don't have all the facts when it comes to Cousins but I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what he's all about based on his behavior on and off the court. I just don't have a lot of patience for guys like him.

At the end of the day, it's all just in good fun. I don't lose sleep over this stuff and I'm sure you don't either. I enjoy expressing my views and opinions on the Kings on this forum. We are so down right now that it's pretty much all we have left! Someday, I hope you and I can debate what we need to do to win a championship instead of all this depressing stuff that we've been seeing with the team the last few years.

I'm not sure what the Kings' approach here is, what's a one game suspension going to do? Honestly...where is the discipline here and sticking to your guns.

While it is easy to see the allure of trading Cousins, especially with his 'attitude problems', I find myself taking his side. Yes, he is acting unprofessional, but that could be a reaction to his environment. Keith Smart hasn't shown himself to be a good coach, but he is also the 3rd coach Cousins has had in 3 years ( i think )

Cousins left school early and probably hasn't had a solid foundation that would allow him to grow, new coaches, new systems and the burden of being the face of the team. Somebody on the board said he is a product of the kings culture, and that sums the situation up for me. Maybe the best thing the Kings can do would be keeping Smart for a couple years just to give the team that solid foundation.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This is fair. I do enjoy a good debate so I know I can come across as pretty strong at times. I tend to hold people accountable for their actions and I know that can come as pretty extreme these days but I guess I'm just old fashioned. It just seems nobody is responsible for anything anymore. Obviously, I'm not an insider and don't have all the facts when it comes to Cousins but I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what he's all about based on his behavior on and off the court. I just don't have a lot of patience for guys like him.

At the end of the day, it's all just in good fun. I don't lose sleep over this stuff and I'm sure you don't either. I enjoy expressing my views and opinions on the Kings on this forum. We are so down right now that it's pretty much all we have left! Someday, I hope you and I can debate what we need to do to win a championship instead of all this depressing stuff that we've been seeing with the team the last few years.
This is not directed at you but what you say stirs me to pontificate a bit longer. :) What if Boogie has a major depression otherwise known by lay people as clinical depression. I am saying "what if." In the last 100 years most people have become enlightened enough to realize this is a medical problem. It is caused by what most people call a chemical imbalance and the underlying depression is physical. I could give you a detailed lecture on what chemicals are involved but you would fall asleep,

Then we have patellar tendonitis. The major symptoms for this are that the knee hurts during, after, and because of jumping. It is common among basketball players. It restricts jumping ability as we all saw in Tyreke's second year. The symptom may make the person look like he is not going all out but the underlying problem is physical, an inflammation of the tendon that attaches to the patella.

We are far more understanding of people with inflamed knees and let them have paid time off. The person with major depression gets suspended with no pay. The similarities between the two problems are that they have a physical basis for the problem they cause, they are both considered medical yet one gets paid time off and the other does not. The latter is considered an a$$hole who needs to be punished so that he gets the message. Unfortunately, he is no more able to correct his mood disorder without medical help than another player can correct his knee.

Patellar tendonitis is a medical problem. A person with major depression, especially a male where the most obvious and bothersome symptoms are to be irritable and have temper outbursts also has a medical problem.

I think Boogie returned to the court far too soon as I doubt if anyone knows what is going on with him unless calling him a tempermental a$$hole is satisfactory. It seems satisfactory to most on this forum. As a team, I wouldn't make a move until he was evaluated. Men aren't likely to seek psychiatric help because it isn't manly and they don't like talking about their feelings. I don't know if the team can order him to be evaluated but I hope he knows his career is at stake.

We are far more understanding of people with inflamed knees and let them have paid time off. The person with major depression gets suspended with no pay. The similarities between the two problems are that they have a physical basis for the problem they cause, they are both considered medical yet one gets paid time off and the other does not. The latter is considered an a$$hole who needs to be punished so that he gets the message. Unfortunately, he is no more able to correct his mood disorder without medical help than another player can correct his knee.
This whole post is brilliant.

I would much rather deal with and attempt to develop Demarcus Cousins than trade him away for less. I would much rather have a supremely talented player with attitude problems than no supremely talented player. Im glad Cousins was suspened for 1 1/2 games and i think it was perfect that he was able to see the team play well w/o him. A suspension longer than this would have been counterproductive.

This is not directed at you but what you say stirs me to pontificate a bit longer. :) What if Boogie has a major depression otherwise known by lay people as clinical depression. I am saying "what if." In the last 100 years most people have become enlightened enough to realize this is a medical problem. It is caused by what most people call a chemical imbalance and the underlying depression is physical. I could give you a detailed lecture on what chemicals are involved but you would fall asleep,

Then we have patellar tendonitis. The major symptoms for this are that the knee hurts during, after, and because of jumping. It is common among basketball players. It restricts jumping ability as we all saw in Tyreke's second year. The symptom may make the person look like he is not going all out but the underlying problem is physical, an inflammation of the tendon that attaches to the patella.

Patellar tendonitis is a medical problem. A person with major depression, especially a male where the most obvious and bothersome symptoms are to be irritable and have temper outbursts also has a medical problem.

I think Boogie returned to the court far too soon as I doubt if anyone knows what is going on with him unless calling him a tempermental a$$hole is satisfactory. It seems satisfactory to most on this forum. As a team, I wouldn't make a move until he was evaluated. Men aren't likely to seek psychiatric help because it isn't manly and they don't like talking about their feelings. I don't know if the team can order him to be evaluated but I hope he knows his career is at stake.
You know this is a brilliant post! Well done!

I think a major concern is that the rest of the Kings players may indeed be rather unhappy with Cousins. Jason Jones tweeted "don't be fooled. everyone is not happy to have Cousins back" (I think what he meant was not everyone was happy to have Cousins back), and Tyreke could have possibly been referring to the situation as well with his tweet "they act like they happy for you but they really not". If true, this basically guarantees poor team chemistry until Cousins changes or there are changes made to the roster.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Is it absolutely clear that he will be playing or was he just working out with Ray? This is getting crazy on all levels. Hey Maloofs, give me a call and if you need a GM call Bricklayers and if you need a coach call rainmaker. I don't mean "if" do I? I don't mean any disrespect to anyone else but these are who popped into mind. Major point being that what you have is not only not working, there is no reasonable belief that it WOULD work.

All I want for Christmas is Burkle. Can Santa stuff him into his bag? I'll widen the chimney if necessary.

K

KingMilz

I think a major concern is that the rest of the Kings players may indeed be rather unhappy with Cousins. Jason Jones tweeted "don't be fooled. everyone is not happy to have Cousins back" (I think what he meant was not everyone was happy to have Cousins back), and Tyreke could have possibly been referring to the situation as well with his tweet "they act like they happy for you but they really not". If true, this basically guarantees poor team chemistry until Cousins changes or there are changes made to the roster.
Im pretty sure Cousins is also unhappy with the garbage they have surrounded him with to, so it's only fair, it does not guarantee anything its going to mean the same thing we will play decent against bad-solid teams and got stomped by good teams. This is almost like when everyone was saying trade Melo and keep Jeremy Lin around.......

I would much rather deal with and attempt to develop Demarcus Cousins than trade him away for less. I would much rather have a supremely talented player with attitude problems than no supremely talented player. Im glad Cousins was suspened for 1 1/2 games and i think it was perfect that he was able to see the team play well w/o him. A suspension longer than this would have been counterproductive.
What is wrong with DMC is a lot more than just an attitude problem. Some posters have pointed out that it may be a case of major depression. It may or may not be. Without us having first hand knowledge we may never know. What is clear that this young man has some major issues. Major being the key word here. I think those issues will remain for a long time to come. Even if he agrees to get some help , which to my understanding, he has refused, then these types of on court and behind the scenes issues will continue for a long time to come. Lets say he gets the help. Fine. Does anyone here really think that because he starts seeing a shrink that all his issues are going to magically disappear overnight? Resolving these issues generally takes years of therapy. As human beings we can sit here and hope that he gets the help he needs. As Kings fans do we really want to deal with this for years to come? I don't.

Is it absolutely clear that he will be playing or was he just working out with Ray? This is getting crazy on all levels. Hey Maloofs, give me a call and if you need a GM call Bricklayers and if you need a coach call rainmaker. I don't mean "if" do I? I don't mean any disrespect to anyone else but these are who popped into mind. Major point being that what you have is not only not working, there is no reasonable belief that it WOULD work.

All I want for Christmas is Burkle. Can Santa stuff him into his bag? I'll widen the chimney if necessary.
This team is a major cluster****. On all levels.

I find it to be remarkably wonderful that Cousins was told to sit, and the Kings went out and won without him. His attitude has a negative effect on at least some of the players. He has talent, but it is muddled by his mental lack of toughness and his lack of a vertical game.

I would sit him awhile longer, especially if the Kings were able to win half their games without him.

That bit from CK that UK_King posted seems pretty big to me.
When the practice court was opened to media today, Cousins was seen working individually with Kings assistant Clifford Ray and a player development coach. The Kings big man spent approximately 20 to 30 minutes with Ray after press was allowed in the gym. However at one point, tempers flared noticeably between the two, as Cousins and Ray paused the workout for a brief, but heated exchange
Immediately back from an "indefinite" suspension that lasted a whole game and he's losing his cool like this. I hope for the best out of all of this.

I Would try and trade him ASAP . I think his issues are far more than just being immature, he clearly has a negative effect on team chemistry. he is just not gonna get better here. He needs to go to a team with proven vets, where there isn't as much pressure on him to be a superstar performer. For fans clinging to the hope that he puts it all together and we all of a sudden become a title contender are just insane. if we trade him this season, it provides a clean slate for him, and we will surely see a kings team with alot of spirt I have no doubt, a team that will unite and play hard and together every night. We can get some good pieces back and maybe unload some of our bad contracts, potentially get a draft pick and we know we will have another chance at the lottery next year.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That bit from CK that UK_King posted seems pretty big to me.

Immediately back from an "indefinite" suspension that lasted a whole game and he's losing his cool like this. I hope for the best out of all of this.

It could easily have gone down like that. With Cuz you never know. But when I read that yesterday I noted that the article/column/whatever as a whole was very much anti-reinstating him, and an incident like that could easily be interpreeted according ot the underlying prejudices of the observer.

It could easily have gone down like that. With Cuz you never know. But when I read that yesterday I noted that the article/column/whatever as a whole was very much anti-reinstating him, and an incident like that could easily be interpreeted according ot the underlying prejudices of the observer.
Jason Jones mentioned it as well.

There was a moment when Cousins was working with Clifford Ray where voices were raised. Not sure why, but not a good look for DMC

Kingster

Hall of Famer
So now you have a guy who refuses treatment and is a cancer on the team. Oh boy, what a Christmas present that is!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
So now you have a guy who refuses treatment and is a cancer on the team. Oh boy, what a Christmas present that is!
Is there a link where he says he refuses treatment? Considering his situation, as according to Smart, was supposed to be so hush hush, I'm surprised we know anything about what has been suggested to him. This isn't something that males want to do and I wouldn't give up on the suggestion. Although I am losing faith in Cousins, I never had faith in the organization. How much does it cost to have a competent coach? Saving money here may cost us a great player. Stupid.