Aaron Gordon

Orlando is spiraling down in the East. Might be a good time to call them for Aaron Gordon for Skal/ZBo and whatever fillers
Orlando got a good young core with Bamba and Isaac and they could be eyeing for Barrett pick. Vucevic could be leaving as well. Orlando could use the salary space that an Aaron Gordon trade can get for an immediate reboot next season.

Gordon's handle and range could be shaky but he got a damn solid SF/PF tweener body and still pretty young. And having one of the fastest pace in the NBA, a trailer runner with Aaron Gordon athleticism would be a very nice compliment to this team.

0.000000% chance the Magic trade him for an expiring Zbo, Skal or whatever other garbage we throw at them. He's not an unwanted player by any stretch so I can't foresee the Magic wanting to deal him without proper compensation. He's still a very young, uber-athletic forward with potential

As for fit, he's still yet to find his NBA niche. His shooting has gotten better but it's still not good enough, he can use his strength to get to the rim but sometimes struggles to finish, and he's not quite tall enough to defend PF's but also doesn't have the offensive game of a SF. On offense, I would describe his game as a poor man's Blake Griffen.

The question coming out of college was whether he was a PF or SF and he has yet to answer that. He needs an identity badly.

I don't hate this idea. The idea of having rim runners all over the court is enticing, but I also don't see the fit all that well if he can't shoot at a respectable %. And the asking price is probably much more than you're thinking. However, if we WERE able to get him for a price as low as you're talking about, I would pull the trigger immediately.

Knowing how Orlando's success seems to be always rooted in having the best big in the game (i.e prime Howard, Shaq, dang they even picked Webber), I believe they have their eyes fixed on on how Cousins' health will turn out after the injury. And so far the DMC return has been encouraging for teams.
Probably one of the quickest turnaround for Orlando would be this summer when Vucevic will be a free agent, the Mozgov albatross will be an expiring, Ross is gone and add a cap space for from a 20M Aaron Gordon trade and they have an instant 62M ready to sign 2 superstars (i.e. DMC and Kyrie or DMC and Kemba).

Then they can draft Barrett and have Kemba, Barrett, Isaac, DMC, Bamba still with Fournier and Gerian Grant.

Hence, I stand with a conservative offer just for salary space. If they ask for a first rounder, then that's a no-no

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don’t think we would get him but I can’t help but think that if Gordon was with our coaching staff all this time he would be better than he is right now

Feels like Gordon is still underrated by some. He's younger than Justin Jackson... and 3 years younger than Buddy, Bogdan, and WCS.

He's still their best prospect on the team... that just tells you how much of a gigantic disappointment Isaac and Bamba have been.

Feels like Gordon is still underrated by some. He's younger than Justin Jackson... and 3 years younger than Buddy, Bogdan, and WCS.

He's still their best prospect on the team... that just tells you how much of a gigantic disappointment Isaac and Bamba have been.
I would love him but the problem is in the NBA you need good shooting weather it be long 2's (Spurs) or 3's and Fox/Giles/Bagley/Gordon would be a horrible shooting core (currently), I love his defensive ability and the fact he can match up with any freak wing in the NBA, you could do way worse than Gordon that's for sure.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Gordon would be redundant with Bagley and Giles on the roster all ready....besides, I'd imagine the Magic value him more than just to give him up for an expiring and a prospect such as Skal who hasn't shown much in this league

Not sure how he’d fit in
He'd replace Shumpert and be a better all around defender/fast break player and not take as many idiotic shots (he's shooting 1.5% less than Shump from 3). He'd also give us a 2nd post up player (vs smaller SF/big SG) in the half court at times.

Last edited:
I hear the Gordon concerns, and they are valid, but he would be the quintessential Sacramento reclamation project: good player on middling-to-bad teams, once promising but team starting to give up on him, on a big contract that seems like an overpay now but would immediately be one of the league’s most insane bargains the second he starts playing to potential.

That long, but diminishing contract is pretty appealing from a Kings’ perspective. I still can’t help but see the Marion starter kit every time I watch him play. Is he a 3? Is he a 4? Do we really care? He’s going to lock down the opponent’s best wing, grab boards, and take mostly good shots. And all the crticism about his shooting just keeps taking me back to the fact he’s never had a PG. A guy like Gordon would get 14 easy points a game just from set-ups from a professional PG. Then he’d create some of his own offense off of that. Will he ever be a great 3pt shooter? Maybe not, but I’m confident he can stick the corner 3 enough to space a defense on this squad. I’d go for him, and I think he’ll be available this summer.

He'd replace Shumpert and be a better all around defender/fast break player and not take as many idiotic shots (he's shooting 1.5% less than Shump from 3). He'd also give us a 2nd post up player (vs smaller SF/big SG) in the half court at times.
Gotta disagree. He’s nothing like Shump and is not a SF

Orlando is 100% hanging onto Gordon and Isaac. I believe the only talent they're willing to part with is Vucevic because they can probably get a decent return for him, and they also believe in rookie Mo Bamba.