76ers v. Bulls

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
HndsmCelt said:
WEll teh Bulls announcers onGN said it was his knee... go figgure
Aren't announcers just great? If they don't know they make up something that sounds plausable. :rolleyes: And the trouble is.....we don't know who is right and who is wrong.:p

they're showing "left leg injury" on NBATV and espnnews.

at first i thought it was the knee, but they said it was because of a left leg injury.

lol at the media for reporting different stuff :D

I always thought that Fisher was the biggest flopper....guess what I just changed my mind....it's gotta be AI....you can't even breathe on that *****

Last edited:
BullKing said:
I always thought that Fisher was the biggest flopper....guess what I just changed my mind....it's gotta be AI....you can't even breath on that *****
Yeah..I remember one game vs. the Sixers when AI was running up court, ran into the BACK of Shaq and Shaq was called for a foul!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
hoopsfan said:
Yeah..I remember one game vs. the Sixers when AI was running up court, ran into the BACK of Shaq and Shaq was called for a foul!!
Bwahahahaha!! Well, everybody knows that you have to get out of AI's way. :D

lol that's hilarious...it reminds me of the game against Indiana this season when Reggie Miller (Yep, he is also a hall of fame flopper) ran into CWebb's back and bounced off as if he just got clocked right in the face........and of course the ref called a foul on CWebb. It was so blatant and hilarious at the same time.

Webb was out because of peroneal neuropathy in his left leg. :(

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/basketball/11184405.htm
Chris Webber missed his first game with the Sixers last night due to peroneal neuropathy in his left leg, more commonly known as a compressed nerve.

Neuropathy is a general term denoting functional disturbances and pathological changes in the nerves. The announcement came just minutes before game time.

According to coach Jim O'Brien, Webber's status is unknown for the next game, Wednesday at the Wachovia Center against Detroit.

"I knew he had discomfort in his Achilles when he woke up," O'Brien said after last night's 94-88 loss to the visiting Chicago Bulls.

"When he came, there was some swelling. They got it down, but it was too tender for him to play."

O'Brien and Allen Iverson refused to use Webber's absence as an excuse.

"I played my whole career without Chris Webber," said Iverson, who scored 31 points but committed 11 turnovers. "It would help on the basketball court, but that's not an excuse I make. I can play good with or without him."

The Sixers are 6-5 in the games Webber has played. His chronic knee problems often cause him to experience pain during the second game of a back-to-back series.

He played 35 minutes and contributed 14 points and eight rebounds during the 93-81 victory over the Cavaliers on Friday night in Cleveland.

He missed eight games this season with Sacramento. Last night was the first time Webber had been sidelined by injury since he missed four consecutive games with the Kings, from Jan. 30 through Feb. 4.

Webber was replaced in the starting lineup by Rodney Rogers.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985

"I played my whole career without Chris Webber," said Iverson, who scored 31 points but committed 11 turnovers. "It would help on the basketball court, but that's not an excuse I make. I can play good with or without him."

AI has got to be one of the most egotistical players ever. "I can play good with or without him" indicates that he thinks wins and losses are entirely up to him. Hey, AI, why bother to put anyone else on the court with ya.

6th said:

AI has got to be one of the most egotistical players ever. "I can play good with or without him" indicates that he thinks wins and losses are entirely up to him. Hey, AI, why bother to put anyone else on the court with ya.
I know, AI is sooooo egotistical. While I agree that you should never use a player's abscense to "excuse"a loss, he could have easily said, "Obviously we missed Chris, but we need to be able to win even when we have injuries" or something to that effect. That said, if he wants an "excuse" for his loss I guess he could blame it on his 11 turnovers....