49ers discussion thread

Well....so far Thursday night football is 0-3 on the entertainment scale. I do appreciate them at least giving every NFL team a game on NFL Network, even though its not in front of a national audience. Browns vs Bills next week...o_O

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...Just because Smith's back on the team doesn't mean his legal woes are behind him. Smith's scheduled to appear in court to face the felony weapons charges on Nov. 12. On Nov. 19 he'll be back in court to face misdemeanor DUI and drug charges.
I suspect the fact he turned himself in as part of an agreement he made with the Santa Clara DA will quite possibly reduce the felony weapons charges. His legal difficulties may not be over, but it appears as though he's doing the right things to get through them.

A fine and community service would be my guess as to the eventual disposition.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I suspect the fact he turned himself in as part of an agreement he made with the Santa Clara DA will quite possibly reduce the felony weapons charges. His legal difficulties may not be over, but it appears as though he's doing the right things to get through them.

A fine and community service would be my guess as to the eventual disposition.
The league has already said that the fact he checked himself into a rehab facility will lower whatever punishment they may levy.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Shocking game as I place a lot of the blame for the offensive problems on what has usually been a great offensive line especially the right side. We got a wake up call playing Seattle and this seemed similar.

We also need healthy receivers and should hope that Reid doesn't have a career ending injury in his rookie year. He's a stud.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm more than a little puzzled by some of the decisions apparently being made by Greg Roman. It just looks as though he's forgotten what makes Kaep good. As more of our regular guys come back, I hope we see a return to what made our 49ers such a complete threat last season.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Gore is a stud. I loved the great camera angle as he followed Miller, with a hand on Miller's jersey somewhere, for a nice gain. It was like he was hiding behind Miller although I am sure he just wanted to maximize the benefit of having the one time defensive lineman as a blocker. I swear Gore knows he can't be seen when he runs or if he doesn't, it's a great running style. When is he going to run out of energy??

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Jim Harbaugh: Makes bad decisions throwing the challenge flag, or makes the worst decisions throwing the challenge flag?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jim Harbaugh: Makes bad decisions throwing the challenge flag, or makes the worst decisions throwing the challenge flag?
Worst. Does he have anybody upstairs to watch the replay BEFORE he tosses the flag?

I'm getting thoroughly fed up with the horrific officiating on both sides of the ball. The non-TD call was horrible. They're redefining the whole spirit of the game. At this point, fingertip catches will soon be a thing of the past, along with anything else that's exciting. Not happy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I thought it was tough to be a Kings fan with the obvious bad officiating. Now it's incredibly tough to watch the posers out there pretending to be NFL referees without wanting to hurl heavy objects at my tv.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Crabtree will play. I just watched Willis and Davis yelling at the team. Almost got me running out the door to play. When they speak (yell), I listen and comply. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Holy crap!

NINERS!!!

And PDA pulls off an incredible trade for the Kings while I'm watching the game. It's a great day to be a sports fan!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Holy poopoo!
NINERS!!!

And PDA pulls off an incredible trade for the Kings while I'm watching the game. It's a great day to be a sports fan!
Is there any possibility that poopoo can be changed to something a little more adult-like? I don't mean the word people are typing but poopoo is silly, don't ya think. ;) I'm on a crusade.

For instance, holy poopoo doesn't cover how this day has evolved.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Is there any possibility that poopoo can be changed to something a little more adult-like? I don't mean the word people are typing but poopoo is silly, don't ya think. ;) I'm on a crusade.

I think that is the point, though. If folks stop using the word it keeps replacing, they can use whatever they want.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Sorry to disagree, but I think poopoo is the perfect substitution. Adds a bit of levity, IMHO, and there are times when levity is truly needed. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow, what a great time for a muffed trick play. The Bucs just handed us the game.
Well, we pretty much had the game anyway. What they actually did was absolutely eliminate any chance they could win it themselves. I'm sure that's gonna be the topic of discussion by a lot of Tampa Bay fans. I know I wouldn't be real happy. But...

NINERS!!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The forecast for Sunday calls for a temperature of ZERO degrees at game time. Hope they took their longjohns.

GO NINERS!!!!!