2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So more or less the Huerter package for Hart. Seems reasonable, but more than I'd want to pay. Hart doesn't have a ton of team control
Unlike Huerter, Hart is essentially an expiring contract too so the Knicks may have just gotten a thirty game rental of Josh Hart for a pick and a bust.

This is among the worst trades from Danny Ainge that I can recall. A Celtic just absolutely bailed out the Lakers, who are now a conference rival of Ainge's on top of being, you know, the Lakers. He sent out young, useful talent to get back a first rounder that may never turn up anything worthwhile because the Lakers have a habit of backing into playoff success by trades just like this one! As a franchise, they're rarely down for long, so I have no idea what calculus Ainge is operating from that it makes since to prop up a flailing LA general manager so he can add yet another potentially middling first round pick to his stockpile.
It does seem to be a low price for an Ainge trade. Sends out what seemed to be a sought after player in Vandy and a good veteran point guard in Conley. Eats someone else's very unwanted salary. Gets a protected first round pick that's due back in four years. Lame.

If I’m not mistaken our exception expired so no Bazely.

plumlee? Thybulle? Spurs? Just Kessler?
Just Kessler would be very disappointing. I don't need a huge shake-up, but there's enough with the 2nds and the expirings where you can shore up the back-end of the bench rotation. Apparently the league values a protected FRP 4 years down the line for 3 starter-quality role players, so we should be able to find something.

We can't make any big move as our FRP is tied up in the Heurter trade for the near future.

Ainge probably valued that far off FRP more than the second round picks that he would have got individually for the role players.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

ESPN valuing Rui over Vandy is just classic. And probably what they'll do
The Lakers gonna do this and turn themselves into one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Lebron doesn't care about defense for the first 47 minutes of the game and Rui, D-Lo, and Beasley are all terrible individual defenders. Asking a lot out of AD

The Lakers gonna do this and turn themselves into one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Lebron doesn't care about defense for the first 47 minutes of the game and Rui, D-Lo, and Beasley are all terrible individual defenders. Asking a lot out of AD
Let's hope they're dumb. DAR-Beasley is probably just enough spacing for you to get bye with Bron/Vandy/AD (maybe), and AD/Vandy rim protection is more than enough to cover the deficiencies on the perimeter

Last edited: