2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
People seem to prefer just having one central thread for these milestone NBA transaction days soo...

We're officially down the homestretch of trade season so it's time for that annual tradition... A giant unwieldily thread that is mostly just me/other people when I'm asleep/at work posting trade rumors/the occassional Woj Bomb the second they pop up on my social media feeds.

Ready... Set... Wait.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Why would the Mavs be shopping Christian Wood? Isn't he the third best player on the team at this point?
Yeah, I was confused to hear that as well. Perhaps they just cringe at the thought of their big 3 being Doncic-Irving-Wood from a defensive standpoint?

I always thought he’d be a good fit next to a PF like Ben Simmons or Scottie Barnes who can help cover for him defensively while Wood helps stretch the floor for them. If the Nets do sell off Durant, maybe they can somehow steal Claxton (doubt it though). He’d be such a great fit at C with those two guys as your stars.

You know…you could do this trade AND the Anunoby one

PG - Fox / Monk / Dellavedova / Ellis
SG - Huerter / Davis
SF - Murray / Barnes / Okpala
PF - Anunoby / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Vanderbilt / Metu / Queta
If we were able to keep this core together 2+ seasons, I'd absolutely buy into us being title contenders. I'd probably want like a Jevon Carter type back-up guard over Davis, but damn near perfect roster construction

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
There's no way he's the worst defender on that team. He's about average, which might make him one of the better defenders on the Mavs this season too? I'm guessing it has to be about the money. Kyrie is probably negotiating an extension for an obscene amount of money right now and the Mavs are all in so they'll pay him what he wants.

There's no way he's the worst defender on that team. He's about average, which might make him one of the better defenders on the Mavs this season too? I'm guessing it has to be about the money. Kyrie is probably negotiating an extension for an obscene amount of money right now and the Mavs are all in so they'll pay him what he wants.
I don’t watch him enough to know, but Vecenie says he is a sieve. I’m sure money plays a role but maybe they think they don’t need any more oftense and instead would like to trade for defensive role players/shooters around Irv and Luka. He’s probably one of their only pieces that have solid trade value as the rest of the team is full of bad contracts or players they want to keep like Green.

I don’t watch him enough to know, but Vecenie says he is a sieve. I’m sure money plays a role but maybe they think they don’t need any more oftense and instead would like to trade for defensive role players/shooters around Irv and Luka. He’s probably one of their only pieces that have solid trade value as the rest of the team is full of bad contracts or players they want to keep like Green.
Excellent offensive player, but he's a tweener on defense. Think Bagley on defense, but if he were near elite offensively. That's Christian Wood

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
if I'm the Mavs front office, any Kyrie extension must include regular visits to a Sports Psychologist

Trading 2 FRPs to get rid of Westbrook? Talk about mortgaging the future.

"Rob Pelinka" seems to be the motto for NBA GMs these days. Couldn't happen to a better team.

Seriously though, Mike Conley is a good pickup if we ignore the price. Lakers will finally have a smart PG that can make an entry pass to AD.