2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

This is why I felt all the takes here writing off the Lakers this year felt like wishful thinking. They always seem to get bailed out with something like this.
Seriously. Such BS. So pissed right now. The Lakers just got WAY better with those three players. I wouldn’t be surprised if the League had a hand in making a deal like this happen. As all the big national media like to say “the league is better when the Lakers are good” I think you mean “the league is more PROFITABLE when the Lakers are good” Money talks I guess. SMH. Lakers were DONE without this deal, that team was so poorly constructed and here comes the rescue trade.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Seriously. Such BS. So pissed right now. The Lakers just got WAY better with those three players. I wouldn’t be surprised if the League had a hand in making a deal like this happen. As all the big national media like to say “the league is better when the Lakers are good” I think you mean “the league is more PROFITABLE when the Lakers are good” Money talks I guess. SMH. Lakers were DONE without this deal, that team was so poorly constructed and here comes the rescue trade.
Lakers still being coached by Darvin Hamm so it’s not like ALL their problems are solved.

I’m definitely not pleased. I kind of get it for minny. I don’t see why Utah didn’t get more assets. It’s just mind baffling. They already have like 9 1sts. Why trade away young solid talent for peanuts ?

So now we got outmanouvered for vandy, would anyone consider picking up westbrook as our backup PG WHEN ge gets bought out... Which he will? Im still not sure if we are chasing thybulle or not, dont think we have the pieces for OG without Barnes' contract or picks available. Still think a move for Hartenstein is both valuable and ideal for a backup center (he passes well, can hit the 3 ball a bit, and protects the rim a bit). Would love to pick up thybulle and house to help out 76ers money wise and us defensively. Im not sure what has gotten into some of our bench lately but it seems without both Fox and Ox lately we look lost as hell.

This is among the worst trades from Danny Ainge that I can recall. A Celtic just absolutely bailed out the Lakers, who are now a conference rival of Ainge's on top of being, you know, the Lakers. He sent out young, useful talent to get back a first rounder that may never turn up anything worthwhile because the Lakers have a habit of backing into playoff success by trades just like this one! As a franchise, they're rarely down for long, so I have no idea what calculus Ainge is operating from that it makes since to prop up a flailing LA general manager so he can add yet another potentially middling first round pick to his stockpile.

So now we got outmanouvered for vandy, would anyone consider picking up westbrook as our backup PG WHEN ge gets bought out... Which he will? Im still not sure if we are chasing thybulle or not, dont think we have the pieces for OG without Barnes' contract or picks available. Still think a move for Hartenstein is both valuable and ideal for a backup center (he passes well, can hit the 3 ball a bit, and protects the rim a bit). Would love to pick up thybulle and house to help out 76ers money wise and us defensively. Im not sure what has gotten into some of our bench lately but it seems without both Fox and Ox lately we look lost as hell.
Lol. Westbrook has no interest in coming here, and we should have no interest in him coming here.