2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

I guess you can look at it like that. Or, you can assume they weren’t simply trying unload OG, that they set a price they had to get in order to trade him, they didn’t get it and so happily moved on with a player they otherwise felt was super valuable. They stuck to their guns.
Or you openly put OG name out there on the trade market and you stand to pee him and his team off. I think this makes it more likely that OG may ask for a trade in the future because of this disrespect.

The Mavs finally getting Luka his second star only for it to be the most toxic person possible who decides to walk to a conference rival after thirty games would be the Kingsiest thing that ever happened to a franchise that was the Sacramento Kings.
Well, in all fairness, dallas has also never been a huge free agent spot, and people dont seem to like playing with Luka. This may be the only way to get a guy of this caliber. Its easier to resign your free agent than get a new guy too.

Daryl Morey on why he thinks Jalen McDaniels can hang in playoffs, vs. Thybulle:

“I mean, I think it’s pretty straightforward. If you’re making it harder for the team on offense, I think it makes it harder to keep you on the floor defensively.”

Well, in all fairness, dallas has also never been a huge free agent spot, and people dont seem to like playing with Luka. This may be the only way to get a guy of this caliber. Its easier to resign your free agent than get a new guy too.
Absolutely nothing to suggest this is true. Windhorst's conjecture is far from evidence of players disliking playing with Luka.

Absolutely nothing to suggest this is true. Windhorst's conjecture is far from evidence of players disliking playing with Luka.
While you're right that there's not yet any strong evidence that Luka's teammates dislike playing with him, it's generally a fair assumption that guys aren't always here for playing alongside heliocentric stars who suck up all the oxygen in an offense. That was the case during Harden's prime, and Luka's now got the highest career usage rate ever. The dynamic should change now that Kyrie's a Maverick, but it's not clear that anybody wants to play with Kyrie at this point, either. Winning cures everything, as they say, but it could be a pretty toxic situation in Dallas if the wins don't come regularly.

Well tell me which player is clamoring to play with him? I agree there is nothing out there officially, but no-one is rushing to dallas to play with him though he is in-arguably a top 5 player in the league. The one former all star who was paired with him didnt work and was frustrated being in Dallas as an after-thought and was thought of so poorly that people even on this forum thought him washed despite averaging 20/8.5. Now all of the sudden looks engaged and happy in Washington!?! Not sure there was any way to get someone to play with Luka beyond making this type of move and hoping people see that he can make it work and then make kyrie want to stay.

Monte . . .it was the best of times (for other fans), it was the worst of times (for Kings fans).

Seriously though, I wouldn't want to give away 8 second round picks for some backup players.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Well tell me which player is clamoring to play with him? I agree there is nothing out there officially, but no-one is rushing to dallas to play with him though he is in-arguably a top 5 player in the league. The one former all star who was paired with him didnt work and was frustrated being in Dallas as an after-thought and was thought of so poorly that people even on this forum thought him washed despite averaging 20/8.5. Now all of the sudden looks engaged and happy in Washington!?! Not sure there was any way to get someone to play with Luka beyond making this type of move and hoping people see that he can make it work and then make kyrie want to stay.
What makes you think Luka is the problem in Dallas? They fired their GM in 2021 and he's currently suing the team, claiming he was fired in retaliation for reporting a sexual harassment claim. The last time Jason Kidd was a head coach, he was such a tyrant that one of his players left practice early to check himself into the hospital then quit the NBA.

Absolutely the best thing you can read as Kings Fan. We're all a bunch of emotional dolts that thinks the sky is falling because we missed on Mason Plumlee and are gonna miss the playoffs because of it

McNair not letting other teams dictate their own vision and plans for the roster. Amazing
Or....A better way to word the bolded part of your comment above is..."We're all a bunch of emotional dolts that thinks the sky is falling because we didn't swing a deal just for the sake of swinging a deal, and telling others, 'Hey, look! We swung a damn deal!'"

Full disclosure: I am not one of those "emotional dolts". I'd much rather swing a deal to help the team than swing a deal to be able to brag to my non-Kings friends about swinging a deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Oubre and Noel are bought out. Both guys would be great additions to the bench without having to give up any assets.
Insanity they didn't trade Oubre. Easily would have been in that 4-5 2nd round pick range that all these role players were getting. And getting basically nothing for Plumlee as well. What an absolute failure from their FO.

While you're right that there's not yet any strong evidence that Luka's teammates dislike playing with him, it's generally a fair assumption that guys aren't always here for playing alongside heliocentric stars who suck up all the oxygen in an offense. That was the case during Harden's prime, and Luka's now got the highest career usage rate ever. The dynamic should change now that Kyrie's a Maverick, but it's not clear that anybody wants to play with Kyrie at this point, either. Winning cures everything, as they say, but it could be a pretty toxic situation in Dallas if the wins don't come regularly.
weren't the Nets 10 or 11 games over .500 when trading Kyrie?

Absolutely the best thing you can read as Kings Fan. We're all a bunch of emotional dolts that thinks the sky is falling because we missed on Mason Plumlee and are gonna miss the playoffs because of it

McNair not letting other teams dictate their own vision and plans for the roster. Amazing
Monte received a block of marble and is slowly chiseling away at it, this is a craft that requires patience and know how

What makes you think Luka is the problem in Dallas? They fired their GM in 2021 and he's currently suing the team, claiming he was fired in retaliation for reporting a sexual harassment claim. The last time Jason Kidd was a head coach, he was such a tyrant that one of his players left practice early to check himself into the hospital then quit the NBA.
Irving plus Luka is high drama as far as I am concerned. If Irving couldn't make it with his buddy Durant what is going to happen with high-usage Luka??:D:eek: The only question for me is how long the honeymoon is going to last. Stay tuned.