[2022] Birthday Shout Out thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Thanks, but it’s not my bday. Lolzz. Notice: 4/1. :)
  1. I shout out every poster whose birthday populates on the message board's calendar. I have no control over whether they're being honest about if it's their real birthday or not.
  2. Millions of people are, in fact, born on April 1st, including my real-life sister, so I don't know why you would think I'd assume you were trolling.

1. I shout out every poster whose birthday populates on the message board's calendar. I have no control over whether they're being honest about if it's their real birthday or not.
  2. Millions of people are, in fact, born on April 1st, including my real-life sister, so I don't know why you would think I'd assume you were trolling.
I didn’t assume you were trolling. I just said, thx. But that it’s not my real bday. I use 4/1 as a way to protect my real bday on all non-formal sites. So, again, thx. Appreciate it. That’s it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I didn’t assume you were trolling. I just said, thx. But that it’s not my real bday. I use 4/1 as a way to protect my real bday on all non-formal sites. So, again, thx. Appreciate it. That’s it.
???

You didn't assume I was trolling? Well, I appreciate that but, under what circumstance could me wishing you a happy birthday even be considered trolling?

I understand and respect the desire to preserve your privacy on the internet. The point of my first comment was that publishing your birthday was optional. It's been so long since I registered, I don't even remember whether providing a birthday is required as part of the registration process. But I do know that you're not required to share that info: if you leave those boxes unchecked under Account Settings, not even the mods can see what it is. So, if you didn't want anybody to know your real birthday... you could have simply kept it to yourself.

In any case, you're welcome for the thanks.

???

You didn't assume I was trolling? Well, I appreciate that but, under what circumstance could me wishing you a happy birthday even be considered trolling?

I understand and respect the desire to preserve your privacy on the internet. The point of my first comment was that publishing your birthday was optional. It's been so long since I registered, I don't even remember whether providing a birthday is required as part of the registration process. But I do know that you're not required to share that info: if you leave those boxes unchecked under Account Settings, not even the mods can see what it is. So, if you didn't want anybody to know your real birthday... you could have simply kept it to yourself.

In any case, you're welcome for the thanks.
I don’t remember if it was a requirement. But this has turned into something that is just weird. You took a response from me that was meant to say thx u though it’s not my bday to something along the lines of thx u, but jokes on you, it’s not my bday. See the April fools date?

So, for the third time. Thx. Appreciate it.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I don’t remember if it was a requirement. But this has turned into something that is just weird. You took a response from me that was meant to say thx u though it’s not my bday to something along the lines of thx u, but jokes on you, it’s not my bday. See the April fools date?

So, for the third time. Thx. Appreciate it.
It's turned into something "weird" because you put in an apparently incorrect birthday (whatever), but then when Slim takes the effort to check the birthdays and posts it for you, your first reaction is:
Thanks, but it’s not my bday. Lolzz. Notice: 4/1. :)
Which is a pretty passive-aggressive response. If your intent was to say "Thanks" you didn't do that; you piled on with the "It's not my birthday" and the "Lolzz" and the "but the jokes on you". You were the one who entered your fake birthdate and made it public, remember?

Dude (assuming here), if you mean to say "thanks", then say "thanks" and stop there. Everything on top of that is unnecessary and pretty childish behavior. Your overall "schtick" is getting tiresome and tromping on the trolling / "don't be a jerk" rule we have.

It's turned into something "weird" because you put in an apparently incorrect birthday (whatever), but then when Slim takes the effort to check the birthdays and posts it for you, your first reaction is:

Which is a pretty passive-aggressive response. If your intent was to say "Thanks" you didn't do that; you piled on with the "It's not my birthday" and the "Lolzz" and the "but the jokes on you". You were the one who entered your fake birthdate and made it public, remember?

Dude (assuming here), if you mean to say "thanks", then say "thanks" and stop there. Everything on top of that is unnecessary and pretty childish behavior. Your overall "schtick" is getting tiresome and tromping on the trolling / "don't be a jerk" rule we have.
My original response wasn’t trolling. So stop assuming that. It was literal. The smile, the lolz part of the original post apparently didn’t convey the light heartedness of the response. Think I’ll just pull a Monte when he releases or trade players and not acknowledge bday wishes going fwd. Less ambiguity. All business.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
My original response wasn’t trolling. So stop assuming that. It was literal. The smile, the lolz part of the original post apparently didn’t convey the light heartedness of the response. Think I’ll just pull a Monte when he releases or trade players and not acknowledge bday wishes going fwd. Less ambiguity. All business.
Or, just say "Thanks!".