2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
Also, lets talk about how Holmes remains one of the best value contracts in the NBA. There really isn't a difference in impact between him and Capela.
Capela's contribution is what brought the Hawks from a bad offensive and bad defensive team in 2019-2020 to a good offensive team and mediocre defensive team in 2020-2021. Well not entirely on him but most of it.

Holmes sure did help with our offense (though still not as much impactful as Capela did to the Hawks) but our defense took a big step backward. We would have made playoff with Capela instead of Holmes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Wait a minute, I'm feeling my inner Doryphore coming to the surface: TTBOMK, if Aldridge filed official retirement paperwork with the league, then he should be required to sit out for a minimum of two seasons. And, if he didn't file official paperwork, then shouldn't Brooklyn still own his rights, meaning that he was not a free agent?

At any rate, I hope that he was actually given a clean bill of health, and didn't just keep looking around until he found a doctor who was willing to clear him to play basketball.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good deal for the Wolves. And while I would have liked to see him in Sacramento, it's a better situation for Vanderbilt. He would struggle to get minutes with the Kings but should be in the running to start in Minnesota.

With KAT, DLo and Edwards the Wolves need a defender at one or both forward spots.