2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
Diallo is also pretty redundant with Terrance Davis
They actually compliment each other pretty well. Both with some defensive potential with great athleticism/wing-span. Davis more of a 3pt bomber, Diallo is a finisher at the rim. Diallo is bigger too so he'd slot more effectively vs the bigger 3's than Davis imo.

They actually compliment each other pretty well. Both with some defensive potential with great athleticism/wing-span. Davis more of a 3pt bomber, Diallo is a finisher at the rim. Diallo is bigger too so he'd slot more effectively vs the bigger 3's than Davis imo.
i thought Diallo was bigger too. Then I checked the measurements. He’s for sure longer, but not by as much as I thought.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Odd that year 3 is player option but years 2 and 3 are non guaranteed. Why give player the option to opt in if you can just waive him since contract isn’t guaranteed?
It doesn't make sense but I also am curious given the date is the same random June date with no year given if it's one date for years 2 and 3. I'm also a little surprised that he doesn't cost all that much and he'd agree to that non-guarantee in Y2. But who knows. He was restricted right, he can probably do better next year on the market if he does get cut.

Super interesting gamble. Bob Williams is a legit good ascending young player, but has some bad injury and foul issues. He'll be able to platoon for a few years with Horford, but then you're saying he can be on the floor for 30+ MPG with that money you're giving him.

Regardless, you take the shot. He has multi-year all-defensive upside if he can stay on the floor.