2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
Holmes, Len, Metu, Queta... what's wrong with that? And hopefully Queta does get some quick backup minutes, but a little seasoning is okay too.

Last year it was Holmes, Whiteside, Metu, w/Jones coming in late.

My impression of Len is skewed by his 15-game stint w/the Kings at the end of the 2019-20 season, which might have been the best stretch of his career. But I consider him an upgrade on Whiteside, and expect an improved version of Metu.

Right now, I see an improved backcourt vs. last year, improvement at the 5, and a big ? at the wing opposite HB.
im biased I want Queta to get minutes :D

They've upgraded backup PG and backup center.
Who at center? People thought Whiteside was a game changer, Alex Len is around that level, maybe a bit better. If the TT deal goes through maybe it's an upgrade but is that going through now? Neither positions were the ones needing to be upgraded in the first place really.

Not sure its right that he wanted to look elsewhere. I think he wanted to stay but he wanted to get paid and if he was not going to get a monster deal from someone, then he had no issues coming back (obviously).

He wanted biggest contract and that is fair enough. He deserved a huge pay increase.
Yeah it's more like this is a business thing. Not wanting to stay with the team that pushed you over a #2 pick would be silly.

Who at center? People thought Whiteside was a game changer, Alex Len is around that level, maybe a bit better. If the TT deal goes through maybe it's an upgrade but is that going through now? Neither positions were the ones needing to be upgraded in the first place really.
Queta is who?

Interiror D was horrible. Whiteside didn't see much action but was was only 7 footer.

Queta and Len add toughness and length and in Len's case a player Walton will actually play.

I dunno what folks expected from Whiteside, but I fully expect Len to be better than what we actually got. (Not interested in Thompson.) The whole backcourt rotation should be a lot better than what Kings started last year with.

That leaves the wings, where we still have Bags and HB. So not a downgrade, right? I doubt any of us is interested in any gettable wing still available in FA, but Buddy, Bags, Wright, future pix represent real value for possible trade, right?

I honestly don't understand your gloom.

It’s going through

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
he won’t be. The obvious is a sign and trade:
Lauri to Kings
Buddy to team A
Team A player to Bulls.

just not sure who that team A player would be.
Bagley's salary is higher than Lauri's current salary and Lauri probably didn't play himself into a raise if Chicago is moving on.

I dunno what folks expected from Whiteside, but I fully expect Len to be better than what we got. (Not interested in Thompson.) The whole backcourt rotation should be a lot better than what Kings started last year with.

That leaves the wings, where we still have Bags and HB. So not a downgrade, right? I doubt any of us is interested in any gettable wing still available in FA, but Buddy, Bags, Wright, future pix represent real value for possible trade, right?

Well, we saw Len and he was/is, but this is just becoming depth again. I see a chest full of toys that Walton can drag out on a whim constantly trying to find something that isn't there.

Bagley's salary is higher than Lauri's current salary and Lauri probably didn't play himself into a raise if Chicago is moving on.
Laurie is getting more than the rookie scale. 7 footers that can shoot will get paid. He is a risk but fits well with Richaun and Holmes. He can guard the weakest forward and play center field.

Woodard and much more Ramsey were very raw talents. Queta has some skills that will translate immediately. Size, reach, passing, etc. He seems more NBA-ready.

But yes, glut of bigs rn.
But Woodard played a position that they were underwhelming at all year and wasn't really that raw in the end. No team is playing 3 centers let alone 4. Holmes, Thompson, Len, Queta. Knowing Walton that is either a lot of injuries away or a 50 point buttkicking at least before he hits the floor, haha.

I dunno what folks expected from Whiteside, but I fully expect Len to be better than what we actually got. (Not interested in Thompson.) The whole backcourt rotation should be a lot better than what Kings started last year with.

I mean wings are the most important position in basketball and we don’t have one.