2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters

So think it's highly unlikely the Spurs throw money at Holmes outright. Hornets COULD I guess, but that would be such a strange use of resources. OKC could be a real butthead and take on Dragic from the Raptors, but I doubt they'd make the "win now" move and try to sign him outright.

So OKC absorbing cap space to allow someone (Raptors?) to sign Holmes, or the Hornets grabbing a 3rd center after trading for Plumlee and using a 1st on Kai Jones.

Man, there was some absolutely dumb moves today, but the Pelicans losing their 23 stud PG they had full team control over and GIVING up a 1st round pick to sign a worse PG(although still good) is all-time low. Griffin fumbling this off-season like crazy.
I usually ride for small markets, but I'm not going to blame Zion one bit when he demands out before his rookie deal is up.

Holmes

Oubre
Winslow
Porter
THT
Bruce Brown
Josh Hart

Vanderbilt

STILL every top target I wanted this off-season is out there with very little cap left.
I feel like the Kings never sign low risk, high reward type guys. They always go for the vet on the decline who has zero chance of improving and will almost certainly decline even more while they're here.

Remember when we wanted Kyle Anderson, Tyus Jones, Boucher and VanVleet early on? The only miss was Jones and he's still at least an average player.

I feel like the Kings never sign low risk, high reward type guys. They always go for the vet on the decline who has zero chance of improving and will almost certainly decline.

Remember when we wanted Kyle Anderson, Tyus Jones, Boucher and VanVleet early on? The only miss was Jones and he's still at least an average player.
Yeah I don't think I'd call Tyus a miss. Dude just doesn't have a huge opportunity, but he's pretty easily one of the better reserve guards in the league. FVV was beyond obvious, stunned the rest of the league so clearly missed him.

Yeah I don't think I'd call Tyus a miss. Dude just doesn't have a huge opportunity, but he's pretty easily one of the better reserve guards in the league. FVV was beyond obvious, stunned the rest of the league so clearly missed him.
Yeah I just don't think he would be a needle mover on this team like the other guys would.

I'd take most of the guys on your list. The only one I wouldn't take is Oubre. I think he's awful and would actually make the team even worse. He seems like he's this certain wing archetype but his effectiveness on the court doesn't follow his reputation.