2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
It’s weird that they keep trying to surround their stud ball-dominant big who struggles on defense with guards who aren’t great off ball who are also bad at defense when they’ve got a guy who’s good at defense and generally doesn’t need the ball too much already on their roster.
Yeah Lonzo has developed into an excellent defender and shooter that defends both positions, is one of the best rebounding guards in the NBA and is an excellent playmaker. His main weakness is basically on-ball scoring...which you literally need none of with Ingram and Zion on the team.

I don't get it.

Or maybe they are looking to move him back to PF? If your center is someone like Vuc/KP then he's a decent fit but if he's getting backup gigs even for more money the Kings should have the advantage.
Maybe we should consider moving Holmes back to PF as well and go after a KP type center.

Its too bad Dedmon didnt pan out because he actually would be ideal imo.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If the Lakers get those ring chaser to come along then the Clipps possibly being out this year is nullifed the Lakers putting together another superteam.
Green’s still a useful NBA player but I’m not sure Dwight helps them much considering their shooting need

Maybe we should consider moving Holmes back to PF as well and go after a KP type center
It is interesting. With the crop of defense first guards the Kings have compiled getting a center that is mostly offense and a little soft might be doable. This is where if the Kings were going to draft Mitchell, they should have really tried to get back in to the draft and go after Sengun. Stack up 3 and D all around him.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Wonder how much if any is Ball wanting out to join his brother where the family seems well received and not NO wanting him gone, but then again Team Zion is also playing games here.

wonder what player from this year’s class is going to be that guy. Seems like we get one every year now.

It is interesting. With the crop of defense first guards the Kings have compiled getting a center that is mostly offense and a little soft might be doable. This is where if the Kings were going to draft Mitchell, they should have really tried to get back in to the draft and go after Sengun. Stack up 3 and D all around him.
I'd be interested in a Kelly O-Holmes front-line. Kelly O a proven big spacer that's been vastly underrated his whole career on defense.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wonder how much if any is Ball wanting out to join his brother where the family seems well received and not NO wanting him gone, but then again Team Zion is also playing games here.

wonder what player from this year’s class is going to be that guy. Seems like we get one every year now.
My money’s on Team Jaylen Green

I'd be interested in a Kelly O-Holmes front-line. Kelly O a proven big spacer that's been vastly underrated his whole career on defense.
He's good, but was his production with the Rox real though? That's the question. I still think playing small is the only way to get out of the west but if the player next to Holmes is a world beater offensively you have an interesting look.

He's good, but was his production with the Rox real though? That's the question. I still think playing small is the only way to get out of the west but if the player next to Holmes is a world beater offensively you have an interesting look.
Probably not, but you don't need it to be. If you plug the Bagley defensive hole with a better defending/spacing Kelly O, that vastly improves an already high-performing lineup. He's much better suited for the "kick-out to the corner" role than Bagley.

Nice thing is you create a pretty versatile 3-man bigs rotation. All 3 can play C and I think all 3 are pretty good/effective playing together.

I kept waiting for a trade to be announced in the late teens when he hadn't been drafted yet. They must not have been as high on him as rumors suggested or I think they could have found a way back in the first round.

I wonder what the Pacers gain by trading Brogdan for Zo? I suppose a couple more years of control but seems like a lateral move talent wise

Edit- nevermind. I like the fit with the Bulls.

I kept waiting for a trade to be announced in the late teens when he hadn't been drafted yet. They must not have been as high on him as rumors suggested or I think they could have found a way back in the first round.
Yeah, I think it's pretty clear his people were using the Papa G style "bluff" to get someone to panic and take him in the lotto. He made it just outside the lottery so no big deal.