2019 Free Agency tracking thread

That Warriors move is a strange fit, Losing Iggy is a big deal

I agree. IDK how this makes the Warriors better. Iggy was certainly aging, but he was one of their glue guys and vet leader. Probably their best defender, along with Klay. Gave them a lot of flexibility.

Now they’ve got 3 guards. Klay can probably play some 3, but that still means you’ve got 2 guys that can be picked on defensively in Steph and DLO. It’s much harder to hide 2 subpar defenders. Steph is a smart team defender, but he’s not great individually. Despite what the advanced stats say, I believe Russell is worse.

And I’m still not sold that DLO has transitioned into some all star caliber player. I still feel he’s a streak shooter. Let’s see if he can continue to play like he did last season.

All I know is the Warriors got worse swapping KD for DLO all while losing Iggy. Let’s not forget Klay won’t be back til 2020.

Last edited:
Who are you trading away to bring in his salary?
I think we would be over the cap by about 1.5ish million if we sent Swanigan out and let Yogi & Mason go.

Barnes contract is front loaded too...

Don't think we could get Dragic. Only other piece we'd be able to move is Bjelica. I don't want to move him either.

I agree. IDK how this makes the Warriors better. Iggy was certainly aging, but he was one of their glue guys and vet leader. Probably their best defender, along with Klay. Gave them a lot of flexibility.

Now they’ve got 3 guards. Klay can probably play some 3, but that still means you’ve got 2 guys that can be picked on defensively in Steph and DLO. It’s much harder to hide 2 subpar defenders. Steph is a smart team defender, but he’s not great individually. Despite what the advanced stats say, I believe Russell is worse.

And I’m still not sold that DLO has transitioned into some all star caliber player. I still feel he’s a streak shooter. Let’s see if he can continue to play like he did last season.

All I know is the Warriors got worse swapping KD for DLO all while losing Iggy. Let’s not forget Klay won’t be back til 2020.
Wouldn't it be nuts if....

Warriors were freeing up cash for Kawhi?

Lakersground.net insists this is a reputable source.

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if this news is wrong!

This source appears inaccurate. Kawhi has yet to take meetings with any teams, from what I’ve understood of the reporting. He’s met with his family and representatives to discuss how they want the meeting process to go, and while it seems quite likely that the short list includes both LA teams and Toronto, any reporting that the Lakers are ironing out the final details of a deal is just plain erroneous when Leonard has yet to actually meet with any team. He may end up with the Lakers yet, but I’d wait to hear from reputable sources before everybody starts declaring that the sky has fallen.

This source appears inaccurate. Kawhi has yet to take meetings with any teams, from what I’ve understood of the reporting. He’s met with his family and representatives to discuss how they want the meeting process to go, and while it seems quite likely that the short list includes both LA teams and Toronto, any reporting that the Lakers are ironing out the final details of a deal is just plain erroneous when Leonard has yet to actually meet with any team. He may end up with the Lakers yet, but I’d wait to hear from reputable sources before everybody starts declaring that the sky has fallen.

I thought I had read that Kawhi had met with the Clippers last night. Which would discount the report that he had called them earlier and told them they were out and it was Lakers or Toronto.

Doesn't matter. Kawhi is a jerk because he didn't break the rules and meet all these teams and agree on terms before the free agent period officially opened. ;)