2019 Free Agency tracking thread

Well that’s what this franchise is banking on. There’s no point in any of this if we don’t expect Fox, Bagley, Buddy, and others to continue making the leap. Last year they didn’t make small leaps, especially Fox and Buddy and it accounted for +12 in wins and it could have easily been more if maybe the Kings had a guy like Dedmond here, or Ariza there or Barnes for the entire season. Ultimately though, we’re depending on Fox, Buddy, and Bagley continued rise by design. We also can’t predict how significant, how small or how level that improvement will be...but you have to ask yourself if you believe in these foundation pieces going forward with a posts like that.
He pointed out reality and historical reference, I question the people that immediately jump up in defense when any debate is posed. You can believe in them as a franchise and still prepare for the ability to add another all star talent, big money talent, or future picks to it when the chance arises. It's part of the same issues people had in the draft. It's about maximizing assets. Things are way better off than before because it appears that under Vlade, the Kings finally know how to put a puzzle together, so that's a big step up.

He pointed out reality and historical reference, I question the people that immediately jump up in defense when any debate is posed. You can believe in them as a franchise and still prepare for the ability to add another all star talent, big money talent, or future picks to it when the chance arises. It's part of the same issues people had in the draft. It's about maximizing assets. Things are way better off than before because it appears that under Vlade, the Kings finally know how to put a puzzle together, so that's a big step up.
When a debate is posed then responses should be expected, don’t you think? Because all I gave him was my perspective on it and you question that.

Well that’s what this franchise is banking on. There’s no point in any of this if we don’t expect Fox, Bagley, Buddy, and others to continue making the leap. Last year they didn’t make small leaps, especially Fox and Buddy and it accounted for +12 in wins and it could have easily been more if maybe the Kings had a guy like Dedmond here, or Ariza there or Barnes for the entire season. Ultimately though, we’re depending on Fox, Buddy, and Bagley continued rise by design. We also can’t predict how significant, how small or how level that improvement will be...but you have to ask yourself if you believe in these foundation pieces going forward with a posts like that.
I'm not saying no, I'm saying that's what we're counting on. So, I think we agree?

When a debate is posed then responses should be expected, don’t you think? Because all I gave him was my perspective on it and you question that.
You're questioning what somebody else believes in. Having an opinion is one thing but trashing someone elses to elevate your point only creates questions about your own motives. Maybe NME doesn't fully believe in the teams youth. I certainly didn't get that from the post you quoted.

You're questioning what somebody else believes in. Having an opinion is one thing but trashing someone elses to elevate your point only creates questions about your own motives. Maybe NME doesn't fully believe in the teams youth. I certainly didn't get that from the post you quoted.
Hold on. Questioning if he believes in the core isn’t really trashing him at all. I wasn’t trying to set him up for anything and I think it’s actually a legitimate question for anybody talking about our prospects for next season or two years from now. Im noticing that the projections for their development don’t match the enthusiasm around guys like Fox, Bagley, Buddy, etc. even though we should probably expect a significant leap from all of those guys next season.

However, In the response I was posing for NME before I read your post I was going to say I may have mentally merged his post with a lot of other posts I’ve read, mostly on other forums that seem to ignore the significant leap our youth had made in little time and just assume that whatever leap that will be made next year will be too small to compete out west. I disagree with that stance and I’m free to express it and add how I think our acquisitions(in addition to the growing core and a fill season of having Barnes) can be the difference between a 39 win team and a 49 or even 50 win team...but perhaps NME wasn’t making that debate

I was going to apologize for the snark though.

I'm not saying no, I'm saying that's what we're counting on. So, I think we agree?
We’re counting on it. We agree. Sorry for the snark

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer

So many different directions to take here. Do you shove all in, offer Bev the 16 mil for 4 years? Do you go the "safe" route with someone like CoJo for less and add another depth piece? Be a banker and absorb a bad contract? (maybe get involved in Miami/Philly deal after Dallas backed out).
I hate the Wizards so much for making the Lakers dreams become possible.

Please go elsewhere, Kawhi. Don’t be LeBron’s other training wheel.

So many different directions to take here. Do you shove all in, offer Bev the 16 mil for 4 years? Do you go the "safe" route with someone like CoJo for less and add another depth piece? Be a banker and absorb a bad contract? (maybe get involved in Miami/Philly deal after Dallas backed out).
In order, I'd say....

1. PatBev
2. CoJo
3. Get involved in a trade if it's the right piece
4. Absorb contract

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I hate the Wizards so much for making the Lakers dreams become possible.

Please go elsewhere, Kawhi. Don’t be LeBron’s other training wheel.
Even if Kawhi does go to the Lakers, the market has been set so high that the only guards the Lakers are going to be able to sign are Bobby Brown and Pooh Jeter.

I’m so pissed. I get to go to the Golden Classic tomorrow with my Warriors fan cousin, so I’ll get a 3 hour rave session about how great D’Angelo Russell is.

FML

On the bright side, I can go back to despising him and his punchable face.
Now aren't you glad GSW didn't win :)

I WARNED YOU

I’m so pissed. I get to go to the Golden Classic tomorrow with my Warriors fan cousin, so I’ll get a 3 hour rave session about how great D’Angelo Russell is.

FML

On the bright side, I can go back to despising him and his punchable face.
Just tell him, wait till Russell records Steph cheating and releases it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What if we take Goran Dragic for free? If Dallas was willing to offer?
What the hell are we going to do with Dragic? He's always injured and not very good anymore.

The Mavs screwed by signing Zaps to an extension before they really even had to (he hasn't even suited up for them!) and making it so they didn't have the raw cap space left to stomach bringing Goran to team up with Luka and miring the Sixers/Heat/Mavs in varying states of awkward transaction hell.

Clips definitely got a discount.

Makes sense. Anybody that would pursue him would pursue him for a bench role and with the Clips he plays near 30 Minutes or more depending on the flow and he’s settled there.

Knicks sign Bobby Portis for 2/31 and all their biggest pick ups to this point play the same position.

It’s like they were thinking of the mid 90s Washington Bullets with Webber/Sheed/Howard and thought “we could do that...but worse”

New Orleans got Favors

Hezonja signs another prove it deal this time with Portland.

What the hell are we going to do with Dragic? He's always injured and not very good anymore.

The Mavs screwed by signing Zaps to an extension before they really even had to (he hasn't even suited up for them!) and making it so they didn't have the raw cap space left to stomach bringing Goran to team up with Luka and miring the Sixers/Heat/Mavs in varying states of awkward transaction hell.
He’s a good backup PG with 1 year left. I would do this 10/10. Imagine Fox/Buddy/Barnes/Bagley/Dedmond

with

Dragic/Bogdan/Ariza/Bjelica/Giles.

That’s playoff