2019 FA Target; Khris Middleton

I think everyone here would be ecstatic to get a guy like Khris Middleton but I'm not going to hold my breath. Honestly the guy that stands out the most to me is Bojan Bogdanovic for obvious reasons. He'd fit in perfectly with our current roster and is a damn good player. I'd give a guy like that a 4 year 60 mill offer with the 4th year team option ALL DAY. IQ, and SHOOTING are highly coveted assets for any NBA franchise.

It will be an interesting off-season this year especially if our youth make a bit of noise. Some of us have been talking about Oubre well before this last Wizards game and he certainly impressed, but I'm still not trading WCS straight up for him.
When clicking on most his cylinders Willi is too unique, but what to do with all these bigs.
This is the second best outcome if playoffs are not made. Bottom feeders can't compete in FA markets. Up and coming youth teams can. Outside of LA and it's special exception with players of LeBron caliber, the whole big market thing is overrated anymore. Guys don't care where they live, and many would probably prefer a nice town like Sacramento if the money is comparable, and the team is competitive, and the org not dysfucntional of course. San Antonio for example gets plenty of good FAs. We are headed in that direction.

I think everyone here would be ecstatic to get a guy like Khris Middleton but I'm not going to hold my breath. Honestly the guy that stands out the most to me is Bojan Bogdanovic for obvious reasons. He'd fit in perfectly with our current roster and is a damn good player. I'd give a guy like that a 4 year 60 mill offer with the 4th year team option ALL DAY. IQ, and SHOOTING are highly coveted assets for any NBA franchise.
I think we’d have to overpay to get him Indiana is a winning team and he starts no reason to leave but money

We will have ~$23 mil in cap space if:
  1. Barnes opts in
  2. We extend a qualifying offer to Cauley-Stein (cap hold is 3X his 2018-19 salary)
  3. We don't waive Ferrell
  4. We don't waive Mason
Is that enough salary to lure Middleton? or perhaps we let Cauley-Stein go and we can max Durant.

PG - Fox / Ferrell / Mason
SG - Hield / Bogdanovic
SF - Durant / Barnes
PF - Giles / Bjelica / Swanigan
C - Bagley

Getting Barnes pretty much takes us out of Middleton list of suitors.

I think there is a greater chance that we will go after a C with the cap space and let WCS go. I would not be surprised in the slightest if Vučević becomes our #1 target in FA.
Has Barnes stated his intentions yet? He's got a player option for next season right?

I'm not opposed to going after Middleton even with Harrison Barnes here. Would be better $$$ spent than on Vuc IMO.

Fox - Buddy - Middleton - Barnes - Willie/Marvin/Harry is viable and quite frankly a major upgrade.