Frank Mason back in NBA - soon to visit Sac

With injuries to Fultz and Carter-Williams and Cole Anthony a rookie, the Orlando Magic have just signed Frank Mason to a two-way contract.

The Magic are a sinking ship (after an impressive start).

There could hardly be a better opportunity for "Lil Z-Bo"

To start the 2018-2019 season, Mason played his heart out but had some nagging injuries and eventually fell out of favor, as yogi got his minutes.

Personally, I thought he was exactly what we needed (certainly a better fit than Cojo).

He was the best player in the G-League last year (MVP), but was then on a two-way with Milwaukee (a hard place to get a second chance).

Philly signed, then waived him this past december.

Orlando now gives Mason lll a chance to be "Whiteside ll".

He'll be in Sac on 2/12 (Lunar New Year).

if you don't remember his "big moment" (with the Kings), here is a reminder:

(actually, i saved this, but it has been erased and i can't find it now - but opening night at home against utah, mason hit a buzzer beating trey to end the 3rd quarter and that play was selected the number 9 play of the day in the nba.)

here is the link i have (which no longer goes to the video):

Video: Sacramento Kings | Mason's buzzer beater is the #9 NBA Play of the Day
FROM SEND TO NEWS
WATCH NOW

(incidentally, if anyone has "video retrieving" skills and can access the video of the very next play in the game - first play of the fourth quarter - you will see an indicator of where the kings were going at that moment in time and it isn't pretty)

here is an account of frank's best FIBA performance:

https://aroyalpain.com/2018/09/15/s...ly&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

lastly, as march madness approaches, every morning i see this on my computer - frank mason is still the face of college basketball:

1612544837438.png