[2015] The Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmm, maybe Kings should actually take note here - if they ever get back to playoffs. Reincarnate a Doug Christie type to slow down physically wear Curry, deliberately walk the ball up (no jazzy BS!), relentlessly feed Big Cuz, working inside out to frustrate Golden State just like Cleveland has found a recipe. Sure, for Kings would be nice if Rudy Gay had same kind of steady handles that 'Bron has - but guess we can't have everything. Clearly Big Cuz with right supporting cast could be a wrecking ball to relentlessly hammer (and thus control) Golden State instead of simply tying to out do them at what they want to do.
We tried to out Warrior the Warriors in every game against them last year and promptly got smacked down. I remember Corbin yelling at them to "run run run!" every time down the court. The ineptitude of some of these guys who get paid millions to do what they do is astonishing. A lot of the times we play arm chair QB and don't know what we're talking about but last year was probably the only year where the fans were truly more competent than the men getting paid big bucks to make all the decisions.

Trying to out shoot the best shooters in the game with a below average shooting team just makes you wonder how well thought out this whole thing actually is to them.

And more guts.

They make inspirational sports movies about this kind of stuff.
Seriously. Delly's story is straight out of a inspirational movie. Undrafted, barely makes team out of training camp, star PG gets injured, and Delly comes in and outplays the MVP on the biggest stage. Steph turned his numbers around in the 2nd half, but he still didn't have near the impact Delly did.

Its a lot of fun watching a guy play who just wants it more than everybody else. He and Bron are playing with a sense of urgency and are forcing their impact on the game. I just don't get that same feeling with anybody on GS right now

Last edited:
Seriously. Delly's story is straight out of a inspirational movie. Undrafted, barely makes team out of training camp, star PG gets injured, and Delly comes in and outplays the MVP on the biggest stage. Steph turned his numbers around in the 2nd half, but he still didn't have near the impact Delly did.

Its a lot of fun watching a guy play who just wants it more than everybody else. He and Bron are playing with a sense of urgency and are forcing their impact on the game. I just don't get that same feeling with anybody on GS right now
You forgot the part where they take him out of the arena on a stretcher hooked to and IV and take him to the hospital for severe cramping and dehydration after the game. Dude LITERALLY left it all out on the floor last night.

Last edited:
All the irrational Lebron haters need to lose the haterade because this is legendary. Don't let hubris ruin enjoying one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, players ever to lace 'em up. We may never see anything like this again.
I had an irrational dislike of lebron. I admit it. I think i just got very tired of hearing the comparisons to jordan, who I got to see play in person. I still don't think lebron can hold jordans jock.

HOWEVER, what lebron is doing right now is blowing my mind. He is single handedly willing this shorthanded team toward a championship. He is taking on the warriors and instilling a belief in his teammates that they can beat this team. Win or lose, I'm sold on lebrons greatness.

I had an irrational dislike of lebron. I admit it. I think i just got very tired of hearing the comparisons to jordan, who I got to see play in person. I still don't think lebron can hold jordans jock.

HOWEVER, what lebron is doing right now is blowing my mind. He is single handedly willing this shorthanded team toward a championship. He is taking on the warriors and instilling a belief in his teammates that they can beat this team. Win or lose, I'm sold on lebrons greatness.
The Cavs definitely have the narrative in their favor. That means that they will have more buy-in, which raises their game. Additionally, the refs are paid by the NBA. They will feed this narrative. It's beautiful: the odds against them, GSW the overwhelming favorites, GSW playing the new trendy brand of basketball, and the underdog Cavs, playing basketball that's absolutely no fun at all to play or watch. Hardhat basketball. A battle between the old and the new. And before anyone screams: but Warriors are defensive, etc., its not about what they actually play. It's about how they are perceived, and how they fit into the narrative. Even more epic to Kings fans this year, when we destroyed a hardhat team in order to instill "pace" and be a "jazz band".

The only way that the NBA can milk this narrative is to bring the series to a Game 6, with the Cavs winning at home.

All the irrational Lebron haters need to lose the haterade because this is legendary. Don't let hubris ruin enjoying one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, players ever to lace 'em up. We may never see anything like this again.
Seriously. Depending how this ends, this series is shaping up as one of the best arguments for Bron dethroning MJ as the GOAT. One of the best 3 game stretches we've ever seen in the finals. Let's see if he can finish it off. They're a few inches from being up 3-0 with freaking Matthew Dellevadova, Mozgov and Tristan Thompson as their 2nd, 3rd and 4th most important players. That's absolutely absurd.

Last edited:
Why the hell are these camera people so close to action? Why are these sharp lenses not covered with padding? This has to be addressed for sake of player safety and union should demand it - knowing NBA probably would say close TV shots more important.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Same game (the all critical Game 4), and looks like same result, as it was in the Grizzlies series. The Warriors are backed against the wall, Kerr makes a key adjustment, and the Cavs are just gassed and can't respond. LeBron in particular. You had to be concerned with that the way this series had gone. It felt like the Cavs had left absolutely everything they had on the floor already, and they keep on running out of energy in 4th quarters. All it took was one little adjustment and there are no extra troops for the Cavs to send in. And LeBron has been less than legendary.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Same game (the all critical Game 4), and looks like same result, as it was in the Grizzlies series. The Warriors are backed against the wall, Kerr makes a key adjustment, and the Cavs are just gassed and can't respond. LeBron in particular. You had to be concerned with that the way this series had gone. It felt like the Cavs had left absolutely everything they had on the floor already, and they keep on running out of energy in 4th quarters. All it took was one little adjustment and there are no extra troops for the Cavs to send in. And LeBron has been less than legendary.
I don't see that adjustment you are referring to...all I'm seeing is Iguodala having himself a game and helping take some of the scoring pressure off of Steph and Klay.