[2015] The Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I feel like I'm one of the few people outside of Cleveland that is rooting for the Cavs. Everyone and their mom is a GSW fan now
I'm in the Bay Area and am thinking about buying a Cavs flag to put on my car simply to provoke GS fans. I in no way, not a single part of me, not even at the molecular level want anything to do with GS winning this.

I dislike GS more than the Lakers.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Cleveland probably won't win this series, but Lebron can start writing his HOF speech right now. I'm not a Lebron fan, but he's clearly on a whole other level than the rest of the league -- averaging nearly 30/10/10 for the playoffs this year.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
You know, watching these two teams trade jumpshots with (mostly) mediocre results, I can't help thinking that a big-time post scorer like Cousins would wreck shop if we can get him to the Finals.

Dude, if Towns, Okafor, and Embiid are for real, they along with Cousins are going to start the new big man era in a matter of time. With Cousins being the top dog of course. :)

There is some heavy heavy favoritism for Golden State. LeBron is getting fouled on every play blatantly in front of the ref and nothing. Just ridiculous. And I don't even like LeBron.

There is some heavy heavy favoritism for Golden State. LeBron is getting fouled on every play blatantly in front of the ref and nothing. Just ridiculous. And I don't even like LeBron.
Im ambivalent on lebron too but man, like van gundy said, he's never seen a superstar not get the benefit of the doubt as much as bron has at the end of this game.

hrdboild

Staff member
Dude, if Towns, Okafor, and Embiid are for real, they along with Cousins are going to start the new big man era in a matter of time. With Cousins being the top dog of course. :)
Could be. None of those guys is anywhere near Cousin's level right now obviously, but they all have a lot of potential.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
**** these refs. It was 5 v 8. Lebron still pulled through despite getting mugged repeatedly and the zebras being too scared to blow their whistle.

Never hated GS as much as I do right now.

Blatt is not helping by going small. Keep Mozgov in there and defend the paint. Also a P&R threat with Lebron. They need that. Respect to Lebron for overcoming the refs and his coach.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
LeBron owes his butt to Dellavadova. LeBron tried numerous times to choke that game away and Delly saved his rump with his D and icy veins.
Uh, no. I'm no Lebron fan but he carried his team to a win on the toughest away court in the league with the deck stacked against him and the refs in GS's pocket.

Respect.

Delly did play great D on Steph though.

Never hated GS as much as I do right now.

Blatt is not helping by going small. Keep Mozgov in there and defend the paint. Also a P&R threat with Lebron. They need that. Respect to Lebron for overcoming the refs and his coach.[/quote]

Thought i was the only one.
I don't know why but they are really bugging me. I don't even really care for Lebron!

Actually Ws should have been thoroughly smoked in this one. Officials blew more calls against Cavs than the other way. Live by the 3 and die by the 3. If, and it is a rather big if, Cleveland can make pretty boy Ws the mistake by the lake by imposing their slug fest plodding style - the LeBron's just might win championship in a stunning thorough shocker.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Uh, no. I'm no Lebron fan but he carried his team to a win on the toughest away court in the league with the deck stacked against him and the refs in GS's pocket.

Respect.

Without that kid Lebron starts getting the "choker" lingo in this one. Warriors played great defense on him and put the straight jacket on him down the stretch. He's overcompensating. Early in his career he was chastised in the media for passing too much late in games, in game one and two he's ballhogged and choked in glorious fashion until he went back to passing.

Respect.

LeBron through 2 games:

41.5 PPG, 12 RPG, 8.5 APG.

I don't know how anyone could say Bron isn't getting it done. He's off to one of the greatest finals performances ever against a vastly more talented team and as you said, in the toughest home-court in the league. And he's not in an easy match-up against Iggy, one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA the past 10 years.

The guy who deserves the "choker" label is Steph. You can't be the MVP and have a game like he just did. GS's depth/refs/Blatt taking Mozgov out bailed him out to keep it close, but he deserves flack.

hrdboild

Staff member
Without that kid Lebron starts getting the "choker" lingo in this one. Warriors played great defense on him and put the straight jacket on him down the stretch. He's overcompensating. Early in his career he was chastised in the media for passing too much late in games, in game one and two he's ballhogged and choked in glorious fashion until he went back to passing.
He was still passing out to open shooters down the stretch, they just weren't making the shots. He forced some jumpers in the 4th Q and OT but he also had a great take to the basket rim out at the end of regulation and a couple of blatant no calls in OT that you can't really blame him for -- those were obvious calls that the refs just missed. Regardless, it's hard to call him a ball-hog when this injury wracked Cavs team clearly needs every bit of the 40 points he's pouring in per game just to stay close to GS. Dellavedova was a hero in this one for his defensive pressure on Curry, no question. It was a team effort with Thompson and Shumpert coming up with some key plays too and JR Smith doing his best to ruin it. Bottom line though, Cleveland goes as far as Lebron takes them and he's pushing them further than I expected them to go. Now it's Steph's turn to punch back.

Outstanding performance from LeBron to lead this team to a win in Oracle. I really didn't think they had a chance tonight.

GSW didn't play well and the game was there for the taking so i think they still take the series in 5 or 6

The guy who deserves the "choker" label is Steph. You can't be the MVP and have a game like he just did. GS's depth/refs/Blatt taking Mozgov out bailed him out to keep it close, but he deserves flack.
I wouldn't either of them chokers. Steph and LeBron can make big shots. LeBron choked last game by taking the 3 rather than taking it to the hole/posting up. He fixed that this game, and, in crunch time, drove to the hole/posted up. Sometimes, he took it to the basket rather than kick it out. And everybody knows that they don't call fouls in those situations. But when he did pass it out, things opened up. He fixed his behavior for Game 2. LeBron choked in the sense that he didn't make good decisions. Steph choked this game with all of his missed 3s. It's a psychological problem, as shown by his expression and his final mistake of the game. It's sad to see someone so good look so weak. But that's what the Finals brings out in players. Hopefully, he'll bounce back, and we'll see a kick-butt series.

Man, let me just say I am glad I watched the end of this game. I almost turned it off on several occasions due to sheer anger. If I am the Cavs I am calling the NBA immediately, Lebron is getting completely mugged out there. Iggy is a great defender, but he hacks him 80% of the time and the refs call it maybe 20% of the time. At the end of regulation, there was literally 2-3 fouls on Lebron's last drive. In OT, he spun to shoot a fadeaway with the ref right there, and Iggy just mauls him over the arms and nothing. I want a good series, but more importantly, I want it to be fair. I detest Golden State now, they act like the trophy should be given to them.

I am now rooting hard for the Cavs, I don't want GS to win a damn thing those pompous ********.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Without that kid Lebron starts getting the "choker" lingo in this one.
No he doesn't. Cle is missing their 2nd and 3rd option. Varejao on top of it. He put up 39/16/11 on the toughest away court in the NBA with every call in crunch time going against him and still pulled it out.

Delly played a part. Nothing to take away from him but without Lebron he's still a backup PG on a non-playoff team. Guys like Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, they lift the role players to new heights and put them in a position to receive nation wide praise.

The choker, as TheJamal alluded to, is Steph. He had his full supporting cast with him and disappeared to a team missing two of its top three.

Paraphrasing here.

Reporter: "Do you get your motivation from your doubters and skeptics?"
Dellavedova: "If you need to defer to motivation, you shouldn't be playing in the NBA finals."

Very true, as it is with many things unrelated to basketball.