[2014] The Finals

Will the Spurs end our long national nightmare?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What does San Antonio have? Experience, discipline, defense. What don't they have? Ego. I've always admired Pop, but this playoff run he has been nothing short of absolutely beyond amazing. Wow.

You know I still thought Miami could pull this off up until the point in the second quarter when Battier did that cheap shot stuff with Ginobli, and then Ginobli drained the 3 at the end of the play. From then on it was complete pedal to the metal.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I would imagine this will:

a) cause Lebron to exit stage left looking for another easy title
b) UNLESS he can talk Melo into joining
c) which is actually more likely now because Melo joining a 3x champ makes Melo into band wagoner/spare part. him coming to rejuvenate/save the empire plays more to his ego/gives him a stake
d) makes Mario Chalmers imminently available, should we actually want him. Its like the Hibbert situation. Major roleplayers off the East's top teams being available because they flat out failed.

I would imagine this will:

a) cause Lebron to exit stage left looking for another easy title
b) UNLESS he can talk Melo into joining
c) which is actually more likely now because Melo joining a 3x champ makes Melo into band wagoner/spare part. him coming to rejuvenate/save the empire plays more to his ego/gives him a stake
d) makes Mario Chalmers imminently available, should we actually want him. Its like the Hibbert situation. Major roleplayers off the East's top teams being available because they flat out failed.
Melo joining them will increase my disdain for them even more.

K

KingMilz

I wonder how good the Mavericks could have done had they not had to face the Spurs in the first round, they literally had Dejuan Blair not got ejected (had all the momentum tll Blair kicked Splitter) in one of the middle games could have won that series. The 8th seed in the West literally could have been better than the first seed in the East when it came to the playoffs. The fact the Mavs went 7 games goes to show how good a coach Rick Carlise is.

Spurs crushed them for the Heat making a lucky 3 last year, I think that's the end of the "big 3" unless they had a 4th person.

Thank god we passed on Kawhi for Jimmer.

Hard not to like Timmy and the Spurs. Kawhi's defense was outstanding and he was red hot offensively too. Great outcome to the series.

So much talk about the Heat having to upgrade their supporting cast. But shouldn't that be the trade off when you assemble 3 superstars through free agency? It would be absolutely disgusting if more good support players start taking ridiculous paycuts just to play on a team with James, Wade, Bosh and Anthony.

I am elated right now.

I called the #spursInFive before the series started. Great job San Antonio.
This is a well deserved championship not just for the players but for the whole organization as well.

A well disciplined system defeated a team of super stars. Duncan can retire now and have the last laugh.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Seriously? I don't know what series you've been watching but I've loved every single game of the finals thus far. The Spurs are making a statement that cannot be denied. If you don't like this, you don't like NBA basketball.
I'm not taking anything away from the Spurs' accomplishments. But, for me personally, I enjoy watching close, hard fought games. That I have not seen enough.

His defense is what sets him apart
Beware Spurs players in free agency. They can look amazing on the Spurs, but they are hothouse flowers when they are expected to play something other than heavy motion offense with more selfish teammates.

For example, Gary Neal this year.

What a great finals. Absolutely destroyed the superstar team with basketball fundamentals.
The best team by far. For any fans that might not have had the chance in recent memory, to see what a true team at the highest level is...this is it.

What a breath of fresh air these Spurs are. A throwback to times gone by. Hopefully we'll see more of this style...maybe even in a new arena in Sacramento