2005-2006 Schedule (merged)

O

ONEZERO

This sucks.... Even 3 of the laker games are telivised nationally and I would've seen them anyways down here in L.A.

T

thesanityannex

iheartBrad said:
I haven't really looked or counted or anything for all the NBA teams but Cleveland has a whooping 32 televised games which includes games on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT and NBATV

The Heat are really exposed as well
cleveland sucks. damn lebron.

Could someone please explain to me how on earth the kings have every single year such a fornt home heavy schedule then spend the last part of the season mainly on the road?
It amazes me that the nba still tries to tell people tha the schedule is done by a computer!(maybe someone typing it into a computer) but there is no way in hell that the schedule is done by a computer.

Diehard Jim said:
Could someone please explain to me how on earth the kings have every single year such a fornt home heavy schedule then spend the last part of the season mainly on the road?
It amazes me that the nba still tries to tell people tha the schedule is done by a computer!(maybe someone typing it into a computer) but there is no way in hell that the schedule is done by a computer.
I think there was a little compensation in the prior year for the China trip. Not sure about this year.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
when does the schedule of which games they show on Comcast Sports Net get released?

Wow only 10 reg. season games on national TV! Thats pretty sad.

Of course some teams have less. Thank god for CSN!!!

thesanityannex said:
cleveland sucks. damn lebron.
Actually I just read a small article that was talking about how the Miami Heat for the second year in a row has the absolute MAXIMUM EXPOSURE that a team can possibly have

Actually here is a part of the article

For the second year in a row, the Heat has received a schedule from the NBA that provides maximum exposure and maximum rest.

The complete schedule was released by the league Monday, with several key aspects coming to light:

Nearly a third of the Heat's schedule will be nationally broadcast, with five games on ABC, 10 on ESPN and nine on TNT.

The Heat is scheduled for games on consecutive nights only 16 times, its same total of back-to-back sets as last season, which ties for the second fewest in the franchise's 18 seasons.

The Heat will be featured on three holidays: Christmas at home against the Lakers, New Year's night at home against the Timberwolves and Martin Luther King Day (Jan. 16) in Los Angeles against the Lakers.

The Heat's 82-game schedule tips off Nov. 2 in Memphis against Eddie Jones and the Grizzlies and continues the next night with a home opener against the Indiana Pacers, arguably the Heat's toughest competition in the Eastern Conference.

As has been the case in recent seasons, the bulk of the Heat's long-distance traveling will be completed during the first half of the schedule, with its only Western Conference road games in the second half of the season at Houston (Jan. 29), Dallas (Feb. 9) and Minnesota (March 21).

Every Eastern Conference team will make two South Florida appearances except the Knicks and Bulls, who visit only once (New York on Nov. 28, Chicago not until April 16).

The Heat will play at every Eastern Conference venue twice, with the exception of single visits to Indiana and Philadelphia.

It plays each of the 15 Western Conference teams once apiece home and away.

it seems like is the first year in a long time that we dont do the texas triangle...altho we do something very similar to it in april when we have to visit dallas and spurs back to back then host houston 4 days later. thnk god we have the clips in between.

also, this schedule is gonna drive me broke bcuz i hafta get league pass now, i cant live with only 11 games a year. that just sux

S

Smart_guy3

Can anyone tell me why Lakers get 25 national televised games after going to the Lottery? and the Kings get 5? THIS SUCKS!!!

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
March 2006 is a killer, only 6 home games and 11 away games. But 4 of the last 5 games of the regular season are at home.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Smart_guy3 said:
Can anyone tell me why Lakers get 25 national televised games after going to the Lottery? and the Kings get 5? THIS SUCKS!!!
Its all about big name players. Kobe > Kings, Shaq > Kings, LeBron > Kings, etc., etc., etc.

We'll show them though! By whipping !@# next season

SacTownKid said:
when does the schedule of which games they show on Comcast Sports Net get released?

Wow only 10 reg. season games on national TV! Thats pretty sad.

Of course some teams have less. Thank god for CSN!!!
It probably wont be for a while since News 10 will select their games and then whatever is left Comcast will pick up.

T

thesanityannex

I've got a satellite dish, and have a question. I usually get league pass from directtv, and all the kings games are on one of the fox sports channels, anyone know if i can just pay to get that one channel?

[Edit] The following comments refer only to people who live outside the Kings home territory but who still have access to Comcast SportsNet West. [/Edit]

Kings games are usually on ComcastSportsNet West, which you probably get here in California (if not, you can order the Sports package which I believe is much cheaper than League Pass).

The problem is that they blackout the games. Last year, which was the first year they did this, sometimes the games wouldn't be blacked out (maybe once or twice that I noticed), sometimes the game replays immediately afterward weren't blacked out (this happened all the time in the beginning, and then they were blacked out as well), and sometimes there were game replays on the following day that weren't blacked out (these were rarely blacked out, but were also only available for some of the games).

Summary: You don't know whether you will be able to see any of the CSNW games or not, so League Pass would still be your safest bet.

Last edited:
uolj said:
Kings games are usually on ComcastSportsNet West, which you probably get here in California (if not, you can order the Sports package which is much cheaper than League Pass).

The problem is that they blackout the games. Last year, which was the first year they did this, sometimes the games wouldn't be blacked out (maybe once or twice that I noticed), sometimes the game replays immediately afterward weren't blacked out (this happened all the time in the beginning, and then they were blacked out as well), and sometimes there were game replays on the following day that weren't blacked out (these were rarely blacked out, but were also only available for some of the games).

Summary: You don't know whether you will be able to see any of the CSNW games or not, so League Pass would still be your safest bet.
Wait a minute... ComcastSportsNet West blacks out the games?! I just switched from cable to Dish Network purely because I was under the impression I could watch the games if I subscribed to ComcastSports. Was I mistaken/mislead?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
rhuber said:
Wait a minute... ComcastSportsNet West blacks out the games?! I just switched from cable to Dish Network purely because I was under the impression I could watch the games if I subscribed to ComcastSports. Was I mistaken/mislead?
NBATV may black out the games in a local area if they are being carried by a local carrier (i.e. CSN). I think that may be what he was referring to.

rhuber said:
I have DishNetwork with Comcast Sportsnet West. Last year I also had NBA League Pass. Only blackouts that I experienced were either on NBATV or League Pass if the Kings game was being broadcast on a local network. You will enjoy Dish Network. Comcast Sportsnet West is included with the local network package.

TruckeeKingsFan said:
I have DishNetwork with Comcast Sportsnet West. Last year I also had NBA League Pass. Only blackouts that I experienced were either on NBATV or League Pass if the Kings game was being broadcast on a local network. You will enjoy Dish Network. Comcast Sportsnet West is included with the local network package.
Thanks TruckeeKingsFan... I feel much better now. :)

I see now that I misread uolj's post.

I live up near Spokane, WA where i have adelphia cable. I'm going to probably go ahead and bite the bullet and just buy the Season Pass. I've never had it before. Will i get all the Kings games as well as all other NBA games (that aren't nationally televised)???

:cool:

Almost, I live in Southeastern Kentucky and they league pass blacks out Indiana games. Funny thing is, I'm closer to Memphis, Tenn. than Indiana. In other words, you will probably get every game except for the games "they" decide are your "local team."

Good luck.

By the way, except for the two Indiana games I miss, I love the season pass.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
TruckeeKingsFan said:
Comcast does not black out any games they are scheduled to carry. They also have great postgame coverage and play repeats of the game 1 or 2 times over the next 24 hours. I usually use the PVR features on the games to pause the game before it starts (will pause for up to an hour) and skip the commercials and halftime. Usually get back to live TV around the beginning of the 4th Q.

I still see all the action and saves an hour of my life from watching commercials and halftime garbage.

rhuber said:
I have csn on direct tv and was never blocked out of any games