2005-2006 Schedule (merged)

Chris Cobb said:
also, this schedule is gonna drive me broke bcuz i hafta get league pass now, i cant live with only 11 games a year. that just sux
I feel your pain,, I'm getting league pass too. I live in San Antonio so I get all of their games. Just hope Sac doesn't make me scream too much at the TV.

Whoa.. sorry for all the confusion... I was referring to people outside of the Kings home area like thesanityannex who is in LA and myself in warriors territory. My comments earlier in the thread about blackouts do not apply to anybody in Sacramento or anybody in the central valley under the Kings territory. :eek:

I get CSNW through my DirecTV and can watch UCDavis and the weekly sports show and Harold Pressley and whatever else that channel carries, but when it comes to Kings games sometimes I got to watch them and sometimes I didn't.

The worst was when they had been consistently blacking out the games but showing the replays immediately afterward, so I set up my TiVo to record the Kings-Spurs replay. That was the great game the Kings won, but it was the first time they blacked out the replay. Nothing worse than sitting down to watch a great game and all you see is black. :(

Again, sorry about the confusion.

T

thesanityannex

uolj said:
Whoa.. sorry for all the confusion... I was referring to people outside of the Kings home area like thesanityannex who is in LA and myself in warriors territory. My comments earlier in the thread about blackouts do not apply to anybody in Sacramento or anybody in the central valley under the Kings territory. :eek:

I get CSNW through my DirecTV and can watch UCDavis and the weekly sports show and Harold Pressley and whatever else that channel carries, but when it comes to Kings games sometimes I got to watch them and sometimes I didn't.

The worst was when they had been consistently blacking out the games but showing the replays immediately afterward, so I set up my TiVo to record the Kings-Spurs replay. That was the great game the Kings won, but it was the first time they blacked out the replay. Nothing worse than sitting down to watch a great game and all you see is black. :(

Again, sorry about the confusion.
UOLJ, if i get the sports package, instead of league pass again, how many games do you think i'll be able to see? and how much cheaper is the sports package? how often were the games blacked out?

Disclaimer: This post does not apply to people in Sacramento or in the Kings home territory. :)

It depends. I get CSNW for free, presumably because I am close enough to Northern California that it is one of the two or three regional sports networks they give you for free. I don't know if you get it. Check channel 656. If it works, then you don't have to pay extra to get the channel itself. If it doesn't, you'll have to get the sports pack, which is a premium service like HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. The prices for premium services on DirecTV are $12/month for the first one, then $11 for the second, then $10, $8, and $7 dollars. You can also get the Premier package that gets all that stuff if you already have all the movie channels. That means it will be about $72 for the season if you don't hve any other movie channels. Along with the CSNW, you get a bunch of other regional sports networks, as well as NBA TV (I believe).

Now, that tells you how much it would cost to get CSNW. As far as how many games you'll see, my best guess is 0. Yes, zero, zip, zilch, nada. I think it was a glitch that allowed some of us to see games last year. Those games should all be blacked out if you live in Warriors, Clippers or Lakers territory, or any territory outside of the Kings. It was a new channel so I think they messed up and let some through. I doubt it will happen again, and I certainly wouldn't count on it.

At best, if you pay for the Sports Package premium service, you might get to see some of the games replayed the next day, as well as the 9 games on NBATV that you wouldn't have been able to see otherwise. That's not enough games to be worth it for me, so I've got to stick to the 11 nationally televised games and hope that they forget to blackout CSNW often this year.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
thesanityannex said:
UOLJ, if i get the sports package, instead of league pass again, how many games do you think i'll be able to see? and how much cheaper is the sports package? how often were the games blacked out?
The best thing to do is call the company (Dish, etc.) and ask them. They should be familiar with who can get what broadcasts for the coming season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Warhawk said:
The best thing to do is call the company (Dish, etc.) and ask them. They should be familiar with who can get what broadcasts for the coming season.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But, as we learned last year, this could not be further from the truth.

The call centers are back east. The number of people who actually understand the varieties of sports packages, blackouts, etc. is VERY few and far between. I raised such a stink last year that I finally ended up communicating with the Vice-President of Subscriber Services for DishNetwork. If you look in the older threads about Comcast, you'll see some of my tales of intrigue, misinformation, etc.

The best thing to do is to find someone in your own area who has the type of service you're interested in. Ask them how they got it.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Further note: For people outside of Northern California, the best bet to see the maximum number of Kings games is still going to be League Pass. It's a bit pricey for some, but if you can afford it you might as well sign up now and get the "early-bird" special. Just don't blame me if your loved ones complain you never do anything but watch basketball.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
Further note: For people outside of Northern California, the best bet to see the maximum number of Kings games is still going to be League Pass. It's a bit pricey for some, but if you can afford it you might as well sign up now and get the "early-bird" special. Just don't blame me if your loved ones complain you never do anything but watch basketball.
i'll probably have to get league pass because as you said, good luck with talking with a person that has any knowledge at direct.tv. only prob is, i'm going to have to get league pass at home and at my work. ouch.

kings schedule '05-'06

i was just looking at the kings schedule and i noticed that we have to start the season with three straight road games just like last year!:( it also seems like we have alot of tough back-to-back games this year as well!
on the other hand we do have a nice couple of home stretches early that should get us off to a good start!!

what are some of your thoughts on this year's schedule???

GO KINGS!!!

kingsfannPDX said:
i was just looking at the kings schedule and i noticed that we have to start the season with three straight road games just like last year!:( it also seems like we have alot of tough back-to-back games this year as well!
on the other hand we do have a nice couple of home stretches early that should get us off to a good start!!

what are some of your thoughts on this year's schedule???

GO KINGS!!!
If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best, even when you have tough road trips. It all works out the same...41 at home, 41 on the road.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know this has been discussed recently, but I didn't see the thread so I'll reiterate what was being said before:

This schedule is nice and soft at the beginning, but gets progressively tougher during the season. That can - and HAS - killed us in the past. I hope it doesn't do the same this time around.

I don't think the schedule get's that much tougher, if much at all. The last month may be trying, but there are also some stretches of tough games earlier on. The March schedule looks easy and then gets tougher in April, so I think it is on balance pretty good. And our annual EC road trip doesn't look that bad this year, considering what it could be. Miami is the only real tough team we will face then. One trip in Dec looks bad- Minnesota, Detroit, San Antonio and Charlotte before we come home. And if the first 3 go poorly, who knows, we could choke in Charlotte, too. But nothing too extreme in there. Schedule is a schedule

With two new starters and a host of new bench players I would rather have a softer schedule to begin with so that everyone can get used to each other against some soft teams rather than having to do so against the elite. This way, hopefully they will be clicking by the time the schedule toughens up.

Diabeticwonder said:
With two new starters and a host of new bench players I would rather have a softer schedule to begin with so that everyone can get used to each other against some soft teams rather than having to do so against the elite. This way, hopefully they will be clicking by the time the schedule toughens up.
Is it really soft in the beginning though. Look at the teams we have to face in the first 6 games. With the exception of the Hornets, thats some stiff competition.

Kings113 said:
Was there 19 national/cable tv games listed before? I didn't remember that when it first came out.
If you include NBATV in that list, then yes, there were (20):

1 Game on ABC (Sun, Mar 5 10:00AM Pacific)
5 Games on ESPN
5 Games on TNT
9 Games on NBATV

uolj said:
If you include NBATV in that list, then yes, there were (20):

5 Games on ESPN
5 Games on TNT
9 Games on NBATV
Here in Sac we still don't have NBATV so its 11 games.

( Unless I missed something)

Actually, I don't think they added games, it looks like the removed one ESPN game and added the pre-season game with the Lakers, so it's down to 10 for people without NBATV and 9 more on NBATV.

4 Games on ESPN (+ 1 preseason game)
5 Games on TNT
9 Games on NBATV

I assume people in Sac who don't get NBATV don't care since they can just watch it on Channel 10 or Comcast SportsNet.