2005-2006 Schedule (merged)

Ouch. Six game road trip in January:

Orlando, Miami (back to back), Philly, New York (back to back), Boston, Toronto.

Five game road trip in March:

Cleveland, Atlanta, Washington, New Jersey (back to back), Milwaukee

Looks like the first half of the season is home-heavy and the second half is road-heavy.

15 back-to-backs. at least that's down from last season.

and 11 national tv appearances, which i think is up from last season.

Jerryaki said:
15 back-to-backs. at least that's down from last season.

and 11 national tv appearances, which i think is up from last season.
no way its up. last couple of seasons wwe had close to 25 i think national tv games.

Kings113 said:
National is ABC. Cable is ESPN/TNT/NBA TV.
my mistake, i naturally assumed most people have cable. :p

and last season, without having to mooch off my friend's league pass, not counting the extra 4 games i get for being near the knicks and the nets, and also discounting the bizarre free 3 months of free NBA TV i got (thanks to the contract disputes over at MSG), i recall having about 8 games nationally (and cable-ly). but i could be wrong.

Goodness, not enough televised for me down here! Ahh, this is going to be hideous season for me to know that I will miss so many Kings games this year.

lakers and heat again on christmas???? booooooooring

opening at houston. that should be intresting.

now it just needs to be november :D

and we also need to plan the next G2G.

1 Game on ABC (Sun, Mar 5 10:00AM Pacific)
5 Games on ESPN
5 Games on TNT
9 Games on NBATV

Ouch... not much for fans not in Sac.

Also, they open with the first three and four out of the first five on the road (including Houston, Phoenix and Detroit). There will be some sky is falling panic after those games. Those five are immediately followed by 12 out of 14 at home, where I'm sure some will get an over-inflated view of the team's abilities. :)

March looks tough, 11 out of 17 are on the road, and there are four back-to-backs.

I count a total of 17 back-to-backs all season. :eek:

nbrans said:
Looks like the first half of the season is home-heavy and the second half is road-heavy.
:nods:

Teams like Portland, San Antonio, Dallas and Minnesota we only play 3 times as opposed to 4 which is nice

There are a lot of games on NBATV so if you have a dish and don't already have NBATV with LP you better at least get NBATV

Kings113 said:
National is ABC. Cable is ESPN/TNT/NBA TV.
The term "national" doesn't exclude the cable networks.

I don't remember the number of Kings games that have been picked up nationally the previous years, but it does look like a slight drop-off. Not surprising as the jury is still out on this team. We can still be a fun team to watch, but there are teams with higher profiles than us currently.

Last edited:
Bballkingsrock said:
What the heck!! Why are 2 games on Wednesday at 8:30 pm? Why so late? It will end at 11:00! NOooooooo!
Welcome to what the East coast has to deal with...and even then IMO an 8:30 start time is a great start time not too early not too late for me anyway and I think a lot of East coasters would agree

Packt said:
The term "national" doesn't exclude the cable networks.

I don't remember the number of Kings games that have been picked up nationally the previous years, but it does look like a slight drop-off. Not surprising as the book is still out on this team. We can still be a fun team to watch, but there are teams with higher profiles than us currently.
I haven't really looked or counted or anything for all the NBA teams but Cleveland has a whooping 32 televised games which includes games on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT and NBATV

The Heat are really exposed as well

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Schedule looks very 2003-04ish. We could look pretty strong early with everything at Arco and then run right into a brutal finish and fall back.

National TV is WAY down. About half of what it was in the glory days when we were up around the maximum allowed for any team and shairng the spotlight wiht the Lakers. To be expected though -- we've lost a lot of our national sex appeal.

Bricklayer said:
Schedule looks very 2003-04ish. We could look pretty strong early with everything at Arco and then run right into a brutal finish and fall back.
Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking. Hopefully though we do well in our homestands at the beginning of the year perhaps it will give us the confidence to hit the road hard in the second half of the year

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm hardly going to be able to watch any games unless I fork out major money for NBATV and some kind of cable provider. Lame. MLB.tv has spoiled me. I'm used to actually watching games now. :(