10 signs you are a true kings fan (2011 Edition)

Last 5 seasons: combined record of 137 W’s and 273 L’s (.334). Being a true Kings fan is as challenging as ever. But it seems like the season’s record was the last thing on a fan’s mind. The last few months were nothing about basketball. That’s why I thought I had to do 2 versions for the 2011 edition of:

10 indicators you might be a true purple hearted fan

Version 1 – Dedicated to all SACRAMENTO Kings fans

1. Your internet nickname is Mike0476
  2. You know Mike0476
  3. You endorsed Mike0476 efforts
  4. You joined Mike0476 at a rally
  5. Save Our Kings
  6. Here We Stay
  7. Here We Build
  8. Here We Sell
  9. Here We Burkle
  10. Here We Re-Sign
Version 2 – Dedicated to all Sacramento KINGS fans

1. SoCal. Beat them – NEVER join them
  2. You are sure Run DMC is a slogan made up by fans to support a promising rookie
  3. You feel safer having GP pick for you at #7 than Kahn at #2
  4. Statistics Shmatistics. The lotto ping pong balls are rigged. No need to let the absence of facts slow us down
  5. You wish the team makes the playoffs just to shorten TDOS and possibly save you from a few “Trade Tyreke” threads
  6. You pray there is no lockout. You fear it will prolong TDOS and might ignite “Trade DMC” threads
  7. Your new ringtone emits “Hallelujah, He is greater. Hallelujah, KJ my Savior”
  8. You are a rare breed that refers to 3rd year players as “veterans”
  9. You are so optimistic that you already know what your kids will wear while celebrating the King’s second NBA title.
  10. If you build it – they will come!
(Just make sure there is no need for another HERE WE STAY campaign next year…)

Last edited:
Last 5 seasons: combined record of 137 W’s and 273 L’s (.334). Being a true Kings fan is as challenging as ever. But it seems like the season’s record was the last thing on a fan’s mind. The last few months were nothing about basketball. That’s why I thought I had to do 2 versions for the 2011 edition of:

10 indicators you might be a true purple hearted fan
  1. SoCal. Beat them – NEVER join them
  2. You are sure Run DMC is a slogan made up by fans to support a promising rookie
  3. You feel safer having GP pick for you at #7 than Kahn at #2
  4. Statistics Shmatistics. The lotto ping pong balls are rigged. No need to let the absence of facts slow us down
  5. You wish the team makes the playoffs just to shorten TDOS and possibly save you from a few “Trade Tyreke” threads
  6. You pray there is no lockout. You fear it will prolong TDOS and might ignite “Trade DMC” threads
  7. Your new ringtone emits “Hallelujah, He is greater. Hallelujah, KJ my Savior”
  8. You are a rare bread that refers to 3rd year players as “veterans”
  9. You are so optimistic that you already know what your kids will wear while celebrating the King’s second NBA title.
  10. If you build it – they will come!
(Just make sure there is no need for another HERE WE STAY campaign next year…)
I do feel rather yeasty these days

1. You never root for the lakers
2. You hate robert horry
3. You know the meaning of arco thunder
4. You cringe at articles by voison
5. You Predict who petrie picks and still get shocked every year
6. You still call it Arco arena no matter what
7. You like it and it's kings basketball
8. You know who sign lady is
9. You were once part of the scot pollard fan club
10. Despite the drought.. and the passing of the glory years YOU are still rooting for the kings!

K

Kingsguy881

1) You pinned your hopes desperately on some lanky fool nicknamed Never Nervous.
2) The 'Tizzy Flip' is a fond memory of a wonderful baller/man/musician.
3) You still wonder 'what if' after the potential shown by some rookie named Ricky Berry.
4) The drafting of Joe Klein still hurts when you look back on who came after him.
5) You can't believe the posters who call for Petrie's head after the circus that preceded him.
6) Billy Owens. <SMH>
7) The 4 first round picks that ended up producing 0 all stars still makes you cringe.
8) You can honestly remember how awesome it was to watch Mitch lighting up the All Star game on his way to the MVP trophy.
9) You remember thinking WTF when Stern said 'Peja Stojakovic'.
10) You're still here.